TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is Top Speed, anybody brave enough?

I don't have mine yet.

Simple, and legal, question: has anyone done the math to see what speed the car would theoretically be limited to in 4th or 5th gears, assuming no electronic nannies or wind resistance?

Happy 4th of July.

Don't have the math on the top speed, but I do for estimated times of a quarter mile and quarter mile speed. I read this from the current version of Mustangs and Fast Fords, page 48. Read the article for more details. These calcs are estimates and there are lots of reasons that they aren't accurate such as spinning the tires.

Formulas (had to dust off my old college calculator from my engineering days):

ET = (cube root (weight/horsepower)) x 5.825

MPH = (cube root (horsepower/weight)) x 234

Therefore, if an SGT weighs 3536 lbs and I use the SGT 319 rated horsepower, I get the following:

ET = (cube root (3536/319)) x 5.825 = 2.23 x 5.825 = 12.99 sec

(Motor Trend article says 13.6 – see link below)

MPH = (cube root (319/3536)) x 234 = .448 x 234 = 104.9 mph

(Motor Trend article says 104.1)

If I try using the 330 HP, I get the following:

ET = 12.84

MPH = 106.1

If I try the supercharger at 462 HP and assume another 50 lbs, I get:

ET = 11.53

MPH = 118.2

If I try the supercharger at 525 HP and assume another 50 lbs, I get:

ET = 11.05

MPH = 123.3

If I try the supercharger at 600 HP and assume another 50 lbs, I get:

ET = 10.57

MPH = 128.9

See this article for other related info:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0704_2007_ford_shelby_gt/specs.html

You may want to up your weight by ~200lbs for the driver and any gasoline in the tank.

Thanks. I think I will put all of this in a spreadsheet rather than keep pluging it into my calculator.

BTW, I love the pic in your signature. Where did you get that? How did you get a blue SGT pic with the silver Razors?

Please email me a hi-res copy if you don't mind. adams.shelbygt@gmail.com. Thanks

BTW, I love the pic in your signature. Where did you get that? How did you get a blue SGT pic with the silver Razors?

Please email me a hi-res copy if you don't mind. adams.shelbygt@gmail.com. Thanks

Through the magic of photoshop, I made it. The picture you see here is as hi res as I have.

I took a black SGT picture, changed the color (I can't get the color quite right because Black isn't a clear coat metallic color like Vista Blue) and found a razor wheel picture of roughly the same angle and cut and pasted them on.

Greetings Folks....

Check out www.Dragtimes.com

They have info on a stock 07 Shelby GT....Clocked it in the quarter mile at 13.61 seconds...Also showed a 0 to 60 time of 5.01 seconds.....

Funny, but the times for the automatic Shelby GT-H were approximately the same!

Hope this helps!

RetroAlex #2946

Through the magic of photoshop, I made it. The picture you see here is as hi res as I have.

I took a black SGT picture, changed the color (I can't get the color quite right because Black isn't a clear coat metallic color like Vista Blue) and found a razor wheel picture of roughly the same angle and cut and pasted them on.

Well done!

I love messing with Photoshop, but I can't do anything THAT convincing!

Jer

Don't have the math on the top speed, but I do for estimated times of a quarter mile and quarter mile speed. I read this from the current version of Mustangs and Fast Fords, page 48. Read the article for more details. These calcs are estimates and there are lots of reasons that they aren't accurate such as spinning the tires.

Therefore, if an SGT weighs 3536 lbs and I use the SGT 319 rated horsepower, I get the following:

ET = 12.84

MPH = 106.1

ET = 11.53

MPH = 118.2

ET = 11.05

MPH = 123.3

If I try the supercharger at 600 HP (my car) and assume another 50 lbs, I get:

ET = 10.57

MPH = 128.9

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0704_2007_ford_shelby_gt/specs.html

:blink:

Adam, if a train leaves Georgia at 42 mph and a train leaves California at 56 mph, at what time will they collide with a drunk SUV driver who thinks he can beat the arms at the track crossing?

:blink:

Adam, if a train leaves Georgia at 42 mph and a train leaves California at 56 mph, at what time will they collide with a drunk SUV driver who thinks he can beat the arms at the track crossing?

February

Muskogee Turnpike - 8:00am Sunday morning - no one around - needle buried at 140.

Good; glad you did it so I don't have to. How did she feel at that speed?

ET = 12.84

MPH = 106.1

ET = 11.53

MPH = 118.2

ET = 11.05

MPH = 123.3

If I try the supercharger at 600 HP (my car) and assume another 50 lbs, I get:

ET = 10.57

MPH = 128.9

This is really terrific info. And thanks also for the info about pricing of Fender Guitars.

A side note, it look like the SGT speedometer will register another 10 mile/hour over the 140 numerials. So a buried speedometer could be in 141-150mph range. Unless of course it went beyond the 2 tic's after 140.

140!?!?! You're crazy!

You should never go faster than 5mph under the posted speed limit! :D :D

Stump: Your wife must be reading the forum and you don't want her to know that you were the first posting on here about hitting 140 MPH's on a Sunday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? I also heard you are on your third set of rear tires! LOL Mickey

hitting 140 MPH's on a Sunday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? I also heard you are on your third set of rear tires! LOL Mickey

Good memory on the Sunday morning thing.

I aint burned the tires off yet but I am itching for some new rubber already. Baby needs traction in the rear!

Archived