TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby Strut Bar

SAMstng

Hello All,

Does anyone know if the strut bar (Part #5S3Z-ASB on ShelbyPerformanceParts.com) will fit under the hood of the CS6 package with a standard plenum cover? I like the way it looks and need the extra stability.

Thanks

Steve

Hello All,

Does anyone know if the strut bar (Part #5S3Z-ASB on ShelbyPerformanceParts.com) will fit under the hood of the CS6 package with a standard plenum cover? I like the way it looks and need the extra stability.

Thanks

Steve

Is this a V6 or a V8? The V6 has a higher intake plenum and it may not even clear the plenum. In addition, on my V6, I had to cut the hood scoop area out on the lower part of my hood just to keep the plenum cover from rubbing on the hood. On a V8, it may clear???

Is this a V6 or a V8? The V6 has a higher intake plenum and it may not even clear the plenum. In addition, on my V6, I had to cut the hood scoop area out on the lower part of my hood just to keep the plenum cover from rubbing on the hood. On a V8, it may clear???

Sorry, it has a V6 without a plenum cover. I was hoping to add a cover since I really liked the way it looks on yours.

Sorry, it has a V6 without a plenum cover. I was hoping to add a cover since I really liked the way it looks on yours.

You can put a plenum cover on but you will have to cut the hood scoop area on the underside of the hood out. I seriously doubt the bar will clear the plenum much less the cover.

Archived