TEAM SHELBY FORUM

more hard numbers

JETSOLVER

cribbed from SVTperformance/MM&FF Not my info but among other things "No real news…3850 lbs with F/R distribution of 57/43. (Oink). With 10 gals of fuel and driver(s?) it weighed in at 4155!" Not a dancer, but gonna be a slugger "Reportedly, a newly patented 6th generation blower will be out in 2008, "

Ouch! Or should I say Oink! That's 600 lbs heavier than my 03 Mach 1 with me in it! My car is 3380 lbs w/o me and the '00 Mustang GT I had before that was only 3180 lbs w/o me. I sure hope the extra 150hp the GT500 has on my Mach 1 will offset the 600 lbs penalty enough to justify the price difference!

Even the 03/04 Cobra was "only" about 3500-3600 lbs w/o driver, so the GT500 is adding another 300 lbs or so! Gotta love that new T-bird chassis underneath the 2005+ Mustangs!

Offical numbers on the 03/04 Cobra are 3665 lbs for the coupe and 3780 for the vert. I agree that the GT500 is heavy but let's not get ahead of ourselves. At that weight, we are looking at around 8lbs per HP, which puts us on par with the C6. I don't have a problem with that..

Offical numbers on the 03/04 Cobra are 3665 lbs for the coupe and 3780 for the vert. I agree that the GT500 is heavy but let's not get ahead of ourselves. At that weight, we are looking at around 8lbs per HP, which puts us on par with the C6. I don't have a problem with that..

Calllll me craaaaaazy, but I heard it will be capable of very low 12s, even high 11s with the right driver--BONE STOCK, no flux capacitor necessary. :blink:

Let's hope they are right! B)

Calllll me craaaaaazy, but I heard it will be capable of very low 12s, even high 11s with the right driver--BONE STOCK, no flux capacitor necessary. :blink:

Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed............ B)

Yeah the driver better be the size of a race horse jockey, but once again I could care less. I can't afford a C6 Z06 and I have 2 kids so the rear seats will come in very handy..

Actually with the slicks I have in the garage right now I will only be satisfied with high 10's. May take some tweaking but.......

I can't believe the amount of negative reaction that the GT500 weight is getting. Its gotten to the point where I actually feel like I need to step up and defend the car. I'm mean wow, we don't have any real numbers from Ford but everyone is acting like the car will act like a brick.

And all the references to the C6 Z06, please everyone just get a grip. That car is in a completely different league. Even if you strapped jet packs on the GT500, you would still probably lose. That car is an animal.

Regardless of what everyone says, the one fact that no one can dispute is that this car will be the Most Powerful PRODUCTION Mustang EVER Built.

I'm better now.

Rant Off!!! :angry:

Flame suit on!!!

"Please, buy the car and modify to your heart's content. I hope you wrap it around a pole, get out safely and have your insurance total the car. This way my will become just that much more valuable".

Rant Off!!! :angry:

Flame suit on!!!

OUCH! Suds, bad day at the keyboard? ;)

I will modify my car....probably more than I should. I will take it the track because that's where I race..... Wrap it around a pole. Geez, that's harsh. I'm thankful that you're at least concerned for our safety though. :lol::lol::lol:

I have two things to say about the car being a little top heavy.

1. learn to correct a push with your right foot

2 I like things a little top heavy.

I don't care if this car weighs 4000lbs I'm still buying it and I WILL spank Z06's with it when I'm done the same way I spank C6 Z06's in my Bullitt.

Archived