TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT placements

07shelbygt109

With roughly 6000 SGTs being built for 07 one would think that the cars would be concentrated in the larger cities. Usually thats how distribution works. It's logical that there would be more of these cars in Chicago than in Nashville due to Chicago's much larger population.

Well, I live in a county with a population of roughly 13,000 people and right now there are 2 black SGTs here, mine and one more plus a white one on the lot. I heard yesterday that our local stealership has another black one coming for a specific customer. That will put 4 SGTs in this small Tennessee town.

I guess I am just a little miffed at this. I was hoping for some exclusivity but around here there will be none of that. I could understand if I lived in a big metropolitan area, but in a town this size? I just can't figure it.

Oh well, I just had to rant a little. Now, let me get busy with the mods so mine will stand out. Hmmm, a S/C with the stripe to match should do the trick. All donations will be appreciated! :D

Funny, I'm in Chicago and just today I was going down Michigan Ave to get my morning coffee and when I turned the corner there in front of my was a black SGT! :angry: Ugh...

So you have 4 in your town, I can't even get coffee on a Saturday morning 3 min from my house is a HUGE city, perhaps the 6000 was all a lie! :o

Maybe the number is 60,000! :blink:

Swell....

Funny, I'm in Chicago and just today I was going down Michigan Ave to get my morning coffee and when I turned the corner there in front of my was a black SGT! :angry: Ugh...

So you have 4 in your town, I can't even get coffee on a Saturday morning 3 min from my house is a HUGE city, perhaps the 6000 was all a lie! :o

Maybe the number is 60,000! :blink:

Swell....

In Chicago I would expect to see several, the population is almost 3 million people. The city of Pulaski has about 8,000 people with the surrounding county having another 5,000. I just don't get it. Heck there are 2 94 Cobra pace cars in this town and there were only 1000 of those made. This place must be a Mustang magnet.

With roughly 6000 SGTs being built for 07 one would think that the cars would be concentrated in the larger cities. Usually thats how distribution works. It's logical that there would be more of these cars in Chicago than in Nashville due to Chicago's much larger population.

Well, I live in a county with a population of roughly 13,000 people and right now there are 2 black SGTs here, mine and one more plus a white one on the lot. I heard yesterday that our local stealership has another black one coming for a specific customer. That will put 4 SGTs in this small Tennessee town.

I guess I am just a little miffed at this. I was hoping for some exclusivity but around here there will be none of that. I could understand if I lived in a big metropolitan area, but in a town this size? I just can't figure it.

Oh well, I just had to rant a little. Now, let me get busy with the mods so mine will stand out. Hmmm, a S/C with the stripe to match should do the trick. All donations will be appreciated! :D

Same way here. In in a small, depressed area and there is mine, the one I saw on the road (I guess it was just passing through) and then two at the dealership plus they have a 500 coming and there is another 500 in town!

Passed a viper in town yesterday and there is a GT (the high dollar race car) sitting at the same above mentioned dealership.

In the entire state, I have seen 2 GT500's one is a friend of mine, the other was merging on to I95 in the rain, cut 4 lanes to the high speed lane and all I could see was a red blur with 2 white stripes and a cloud of water vapor. But no SGT's other than at a dealer.

But I live in RI don't get much smaller than that.

.....I haven't seen any others in the LA/Orange County area. I know they are out there from the forums but I haven't seen any yet. Maybe tomorrow at an all Mustang show in the San Fernando Valley but that won't be the same as seeing one drive down the local street.

You know, I posted on the 23rd. and the next day I was traveling with my wife and what do I see. 2 GT500's on the interstate traveling in the opposite direction.

One Red with White stripes the other about 2 miles later Blue with White stripes. The Vista Blue was looking good. :)

I was showing my car at a show on Sunday in the San Fernando valley of LA. The show had a place where others could park within the show but not be judged. In that are there were 3 Shelby GTs and about 6 GT500s. I saw another 2 GT500s parked in the spectator lot. During the show I had three people talk to me about their Shelby GTs. At least two of them did not dive their Shelby GTs to the show. So est assure there are plenty of these cars In SoCal.

I live in a town where there is only one Ford delaer and they only got one, a white one. I had to go to the next city to get a black one. If each dealer gets one and some two and there are two or more dealers in town then you'll see them. As far as my town, mine is only one I've seen. But my friends tell me they have seen another black SGT in town. I haven't seen the white one that was in the Ford dealer's showroom on the road yet.

These are awesome looking cars. I actually caught a guy taking pics of my car in the Sears parking lot on Sunday. He said he had never seen one and just couldn't resist getting some pics for his computer wallpaper.

These cars are first year Shelby GT's. They are and always will be special!

Archived