TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Replacement

SGT1197

I'm thinking about switching out my original hood for the CS6 style hood mostly because of the hood scoop issue that I have. I know you can order the CS6 style hood from Shelby, but it comes unpainted and unstriped. Now this may be a stupid question but can Shelby paint and stripe the hood for an additional charge. Any feedback is appreciated.

I'm thinking about switching out my original hood for the CS6 style hood mostly because of the hood scoop issue that I have. I know you can order the CS6 style hood from Shelby, but it comes unpainted and unstriped. Now this may be a stupid question but can Shelby paint and stripe the hood for an additional charge. Any feedback is appreciated.

After I heard about all the scoop issues I purchased a CS6 hood, however my scoop on my SGT is perfect and I love it. I am still going to get my hood painted but I am going to get it done local. I don't know if SAI would do it or not. It would be nice if they did paint and stripe it. I would call Bud or e-mail him and see what he says.

I don't know how far they will go but there is more to the hood than unpainted and unstriped. It actually still has flashing left so there is a lot of prep work to it.

Archived