TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Highest Number

RogerS

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary, there are hood pins but the cables are on the inside. I watched Adam's car being unloaded this morning and the drivers told us that they are tucking the cables inside the grille area to prevent "opening the hood prior to removing the pins".

you beat me to it Roger, its a smart thing to do. just tuck them in and no one bends the plates. great idea.

michael morris

My hood does not latch when the hood pins are out. Is it supposed to?

Are you pushing the hood down, putting the pins in, and releasing the pressure so that the pins are holding the hood closed? If so, please stop. The factory latch should hold the hood in place when closed, and the pins are really just for lookin' good.

I have found that you can't lightly close my hood and then push it down to latch it. You have to hold it about 6 inches above the pins and push (some would say slam...gravity alone won't do the trick) it down to get the latch to engage. At first, this scared me a little, but it was either this or continuing pushing down on the aluminum hood until I bent it.

My apologies if I misinterpreted your statement.

Are you pushing the hood down, putting the pins in, and releasing the pressure so that the pins are holding the hood closed? If so, please stop. The factory latch should hold the hood in place when closed, and the pins are really just for lookin' good.

I have found that you can't lightly close my hood and then push it down to latch it. You have to hold it about 6 inches above the pins and push (some would say slam...gravity alone won't do the trick) it down to get the latch to engage. At first, this scared me a little, but it was either this or continuing pushing down on the aluminum hood until I bent it.

My apologies if I misinterpreted your statement.

"and the pins are really just for lookin' good."

Once you you see your hood start to flex, usually about 120 in the left front corner above the headlight, you are going to be thankfull the hood pins are there. :)

"and the pins are really just for lookin' good."

Once you you see your hood start to flex, usually about 120 in the left front corner above the headlight, you are going to be thankfull the hood pins are there. :)

125+ and no flex that I saw.. B)

...er, officer, of course I meant 125+ KPH, not MPH...we're cool, right?!? :lol:

125+ and no flex that I saw.. B)

...er, officer, of course I meant 125+ KPH, not MPH...we're cool, right?!? :lol:

You will............. :)

In the very left front corner and it starts to lift and as you increase speed because the air gets trapped and has no where to go, it starts a little but noticable up and down motion only in that corner. It's a known issue that has been talked about on other sites. One person even took thier car in to the service dept where of course they said, Speed limits only 75mph, can't help you with that....... :)

You will............. :)

In the very left front corner and it starts to lift and as you increase speed because the air gets trapped and has no where to go, it starts a little but noticable up and down motion only in that corner. It's a known issue that has been talked about on other sites. One person even took thier car in to the service dept where of course they said, Speed limits only 75mph, can't help you with that....... :)

X 11ty billion. Posted this earlier somewhere but I had a Mustang in front of me one morning whose hood flew off up into the air, flipped once and landed flat in front of me on the road. I hit the brakes too late, stopped on top of the hood and sledded about ? feet (hard to tell how far you slide on a hood - doesn't happen too often).

This was at 60 mph.

What if...

Just wondering if the last 07SGT number would end up having other coincidental significance.

How about 5711

November 1957 - Shelby, driving a double-overhead-camshaft V8 Maserati single-seat racing car, wins a 100-mile race at Riverside. After spinning out on the first lap, he went to the back of the field, then lapped everybody in one of the most amazing feats of his career.

I know it's a stretch, anyone else have a cool number in the 5600-5900 range?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived