TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front Mask/Bra

mffarrell

Is there a Front Mask/Bra available yet? Do you know if a Front Mask/Bra from a 2006 Mustang GT will fit?

I have a 3M clear Front Mask/Bra on my other vehicles, but my installer is unsure of placing the clear 3M stuff over the vinyl stripes. He said he has experienced problems with the stripes bubbling underneath the clear 3M.

Is there a Front Mask/Bra available yet? Do you know if a Front Mask/Bra from a 2006 Mustang GT will fit?

I have a 3M clear Front Mask/Bra on my other vehicles, but my installer is unsure of placing the clear 3M stuff over the vinyl stripes. He said he has experienced problems with the stripes bubbling underneath the clear 3M.

I am a 3M certified installler and have a SGT also. There is no problem with putting the 3M paint protection film on a car with stripes. I have done several as well as my own with out any issues at all. The only thing I would suggest is to wax the stripes and when you strip the wax off the car to install the film do not take the wax of the stripe. This will aid in removal down the road if need be. If you needed to replace a piece of film down the road for any reason the film would be easier to get off the stripe with out doing any harm to the it.

If you are putting stripes on a car you would want the stripes to totally dry(cure) and remove any bubbles form the stripes before applying the 3M paint protection film. But as long as this is done their should not be any issues with the 3M causing bubbles after the fact.

As far as availability. their is a 3M kit for the SGT and that is the best way to go. You do not want to put a traditional "black bra" on any car. in my opinion you are just setting yourself up for trouble.

Skip

I am a 3M certified installler and have a SGT also. There is no problem with putting the 3M paint protection film on a car with stripes. I have done several as well as my own with out any issues at all. The only thing I would suggest is to wax the stripes and when you strip the wax off the car to install the film do not take the wax of the strip. This will aid in removal down the road if need be. If you needed to replace a piece of film down the road for any reason the film would be easier to get off the stripe with out doing any harm to the it.

If you are putting stripes on a car you would want the stripes to totally dry(cure) and remove any bubbles form the stripes before applying the 3M paint protection film. But as long as this is done their should not be any issues with the 3M causing bubbles after the fact.

As far as availability. their is a 3M kit for the SGT and that is the best way to go. You do not want to put a traditional "black bra" on any car. in my opinion you are just setting yourself up for trouble.

Skip

Thanks Skip! Do you just use the Mustang CS 3M kits? Where are you located...you can do mine?

Thanks Skip! Do you just use the Mustang CS 3M kits? Where are you located...you can do mine?

I am located in Bristol, Tennessee. You can use the California Special Kit but the installer will have to remove the cover plates on the hood pins in order to install the hood piece. A custom hood piece is being worked on and should be available soon. That piece would butt up to the hood pin plates and you would not have to remove in order to install. either way it's not a big deal.

Skip

Archived