TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT wheel caps

Crucible

Make sure you aren't trying to upload anything larger than 500KB... Typical digital cameras are going to take pics greater than 1MB... Downsize and you should be OK...

And I saw those wheel caps at Tulsa, but had already spent most of my CA$H on other stuff... Darn!

And YES, it is for a set of 4...

....they can be standard on the '08, I prefer the tribar pony. I would really like to see American Racing or SAI/Scott Drake produce a tribary pony center cap for the American Racing wheels.

You know I was thinking today that the car is almost perfectly balanced branding wise.

Front: Ribbon Pony emblem - needs a small "Shelby GT" plate on the opposite side of the grill or under the pony

Sides: Ribbon pony wheel caps, Shelby GT stripe, Ford fender badge

Back: Shelby letters, Ford on Gas cap- would replace GT gas cap with Ribbon Pony

This would effectively give us the Mustang, Ford (Side/back) and Shelby from any angle on the car and best of all it would be consistent, clean, and add message value.

Given this, again from a marketing and branding perspective, why would I again put "Shelby GT" on my wheel caps when we already have Shelby GT running along the side? What then do these wheel caps add?

I know, I know, could be worse...they could have the Cobra on them! :P

....I agree with you Matt. I am not a fan of those caps. Partly because it is too much "Shelby GT" also I don't like how the lettering in a line like that looks on a rotating wheel. I would always be trying to park with the lettering right side up which would be impossible without manual rotating each tire after you park. That would get very tiring. :P Yes I know the pony's and my dreaded Cobra's are rarely right side up but not everything is not logical in my world.

If I am not mistaken, the V6 Mustangs have the pony ribbon on the faux gas cap. That may be why SAI didn't replace the GT cap for that one (would confuse people into thinking you had a V6 Shelby). That would not be good! LOL

You are correct, however the Shelby GTH uses the "V6" pony ribbon and, I THINK, looks great. I know where the GT cap comes from, it was on the older GT's of yore, but this rendition and the fender badges, have always been an issue for me.

You are correct, however the Shelby GTH uses the "V6" pony ribbon and, I THINK, looks great. I know where the GT cap comes from, it was on the older GT's of yore, but this rendition and the fender badges, have always been an issue for me.

Matt, still enjoying the car? Everything you thought it would be? Any mods planned in the near future?

Must be some sort of cast aluminum then? Looks like my mailbox actually!LOL It is bronze and about 1/8" thick. You arent gonna hurt it with rocks and kiddy stuff. But unfortunately it got run over by an 18 wheeler who was delivering material to us. Then we replaced it and another dumba*s 18 wheeler hit it. That wasnt you was it JB??! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Dumb question - How do you remove the OEM wheel caps? The Shelby GT caps look like standard spring-tension pop ins. But the OEM cap doesn't want to come out with simple pressure and I didn't want to scratch the wheel or have to take it off and pop it off from the inside.

Take a good flat putty knife and get right behind them, they have the same spring tension as the Shelby caps. I have taken them off several times. Just be careful while working the knife behind them.

....they can be standard on the '08, I prefer the tribar pony. I would really like to see American Racing or SAI/Scott Drake produce a tribary pony center cap for the American Racing wheels.

Hi Socal,

Hey I was just checking out your pics again and noticed your wheels, are those the CS 66 wheels? Let me know if you had SAI install or if aftermarket and do you know if they come in black?

Hot looking ride.

As you probably read I just took possession of mine yesterday in Albuquerque. John W said I can bring the car to him this fall for the polished Paxton install and then maybe the CS6/GTH hood.

Enjoy the weekend and when you have a chance let me about your wheels.

Dumb question - How do you remove the OEM wheel caps? The Shelby GT caps look like standard spring-tension pop ins. But the OEM cap doesn't want to come out with simple pressure and I didn't want to scratch the wheel or have to take it off and pop it off from the inside.

I 2nd that! I tried to remove and knick the center cap but who cares. Just order gun metal 20" razors with BFG KDW 255/35/20,275/35/20 Yahoo! Any body in market for black SGT wheels w tps Cheap. PM me.

Archived