TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Black Razor wheels

switch

I'm thinking of purchasing 4 Black 20x9" Razor wheels but not sure about the 5.5, 6, and 6.5" backspacing. What backspacing would work the best? Does it have to do with offset? Not really sure which ones to get. Appreciate opinions. Thanks. Also, can I put different centercaps on the wheels to eliminate the snake??

I'm thinking of purchasing 4 Black 20x9" Razor wheels but not sure about the 5.5, 6, and 6.5" backspacing. What backspacing would work the best? Does it have to do with offset? Not really sure which ones to get. Appreciate opinions. Thanks. Also, can I put different centercaps on the wheels to eliminate the snake??

Ditto, but 18".

.....I was being quiet because my wheels are a different design, size and the offset was in millimeters. However, if you want it my fronts ar 9" wide and have a 39mm offset and my rears are 10.5" wide and have a 40mm offset. The tire salesman where I had my wheels mounted is a mustang guy and he had 38mm offset on his 10.5" wheels.

I suggest you call or email John or Bud. Otherwise, go to a wheel place and ask them four an estimate and ask them about the different backspacings.

.....I was being quiet because my wheels are a different design, size and the offset was in millimeters. However, if you want it my fronts ar 9" wide and have a 39mm offset and my rears are 10.5" wide and have a 40mm offset. The tire salesman where I had my wheels mounted is a mustang guy and he had 38mm offset on his 10.5" wheels.

I suggest you call or email John or Bud. Otherwise, go to a wheel place and ask them four an estimate and ask them about the different backspacings.

I emailed Bud about this twice, and while he answered my other questions, he did not address this one. As I won't have my car for another month, I figured that I'd just wait and ask then as I can't do anything about it now anyway.

Conversion factor =

39mm=1.53"

40mm=1.57"

5.5"=139.7mm

6.0"=152.4mm

6.5"=165.1mm

if that helps any..

Just to correct and clarify, backspacing and offset are two different animals.

Use the following:

Overall width/2 = Centerline (overall width is measured lip to lip)

Centerline – Back Spacing = Offset in Inches

Inches x 25.4 = Offset in mm

That should get you where you want to be. Note that you can't use SoCals widths because those are tire mounting widths, not overall width. You must use lip to lip for widths in these formulas.

With a name like stump, you sure were pretty quick to come up with those conversions. I see you're pretty comfortable with the larger numbers.

:P

Just kidding pal. :D

Ha Ha... <_<

I'm still waiting for someone to figure what my screen name actually means....

....BTW, if by chance someone does know, it's just a name not a hobby!

Ha Ha... <_<

I was going to say something about it but I figured I better not. You look to be a bit bigger than me. :D

Ha Ha... <_<

I was going to ask in the last post but I was trying to keep it funny, nit serious.

Okay, some guesses:

1) Mad scientist

2) Tree removal

3) Bouncer

4) UFC champ

5) Exotic dancer

6) Beat up little people

7) Bird watcher *

8) Astronaut

9) Headache medicine

:D

I was going to ask in the last post but I was trying to keep it funny, nit serious.

Okay, some guesses:

1) Mad scientist

2) Tree removal

3) Bouncer

4) UFC champ

5) Exotic dancer

6) Beat up little people

7) Bird watcher *

8) Astronaut

9) Headache medicine

:D

Oh brother.

You are no where close and I will never tell... :)

You're a piliated woodpecker? :lol:

"Another homespun name in extensive use is Cock-of-the-woods; yet another is Wood-cock. This last is suitable enough, but it leads obviously to confusion. Accordingly, within the range of the true woodcock (Philohela minor), the woodpecker is commonly distinguished as the "black woodcock." Other appellatives that have been picked up here and there and gathered in the books are "black woodpecker," "English woodpecker," "black log," "king-of-the-woods," "stump breaker"; and because of its cackling cry, "wood-hen," "Indian-hen," "laughing woodpecker," "johnny-cock," "wood-chuck," and "cluck-cock." (This last, given by Scoville, 1920, as current in Juniata County, Pa., is perhaps, an assimilation from the Pennsylvania Dutch.) ***

You're a piliated woodpecker? :lol:

"Another homespun name in extensive use is Cock-of-the-woods; yet another is Wood-cock. This last is suitable enough, but it leads obviously to confusion. Accordingly, within the range of the true woodcock (Philohela minor), the woodpecker is commonly distinguished as the "black woodcock." Other appellatives that have been picked up here and there and gathered in the books are "black woodpecker," "English woodpecker," "black log," "king-of-the-woods," "stump breaker"; and because of its cackling cry, "wood-hen," "Indian-hen," "laughing woodpecker," "johnny-cock," "wood-chuck," and "cluck-cock." (This last, given by Scoville, 1920, as current in Juniata County, Pa., is perhaps, an assimilation from the Pennsylvania Dutch.) ***

I did the same Google search. That's where I came up with some of my answers. I was sure it was the bird watcher. There was another one about headaches. The rest I made up to be funny.

Come on Stump, you have to give it up now. :P

I got it, it's your band's name. :)

My recollection is that the cars used in the museum (GT 500 Anniversary, CS6/8) used a 24mm offset. According to the "Special Notes" in the part description, that equates to the 6" wheel.

Special Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"BLACK POWDER COATED CENTER, MACHINED LIP. SHELBY EMBOSSED IN ONE SPOKE. SHELBY CENTER CAP INCLUDED. +24MM OFFSET. 1600 LBS MAX CAPACITY PER WHEEL."

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/ShowItem/100092.aspx

Disclaimer: I am not providing professional advice as I am not an attprney, CPA, auto mechanic or hold a drivers license and any comments herein should be brought to those professionals for their expert opinions, hoever........I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.

Archived