TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First speeding ticket in my SGT

speedyburd33

Just yesterday i finally got back to work after missing a whole week due to my lead foot in an awesome car. It was last saturday night and i wanted to go for one more drive before i put the car away for the night and went out to the bars. I drove to a nearby town and turned around heading back for home. It was about 9 PM and there was nobody on the road except me. I came around a corner after a light and got on the gas. I had it up to about 115 wound right out in 3rd gear when i let off. There was one car in the opposite lane that just happened to be the cops. My very first thought is to get back on the gas and be gone. By the time they would get turned around and up to speed i'd already be a few miles ahead of them...they'd never catch me. My next thoughts were; don't do it, i had my younger brother and sister in the car with me and God forbid something happen to them if i lose control, and don't do it because i am currently signed up to take the next state trooper exam, and if i don't get away, there goes that career that i have been wanting for the last two years.

So i pull right over thinking that i had a better chance of getting in less trouble being honest about it. So it was about an entire minute and a half before they got their crown vic turned around and headed in the right direction with the lights on and all. Needles to say, the first thing i was asked was to get the hell out of my car. Then there was a ton of questions about who what when where and why. They called a flatbed to come get my car and take it to the impound, then put me in the back of their cruiser and took me, my brother, and sister to the station. None of our imediate family could be reached to come and get my siblings while they try to get a hold of any judge in the county so i could be arraigned and put behind bars with a bail amount set. They wanted to charge me with felony wreckless endangerment, which would instantly disqualify me from taking my test. I would later find out that if they did really go for that felony charge, it would be instantly thrown out in court with the specific situation. They finally got a hold of my grandparents who were coming to get my brother and sister. Still no judge...they did get a hold of the assistant district attorney (ADA)who told them to count me being at the station as my arraignment and let me go home.

The ADA just happens to also be the prosecutor in the town where i was caught. So that night about 3 hours after i was pulled over i finally got to go home with a ticket for 106 in a 40, without a license.

That week in court turned out a lot better than it could have. I got my license back with some fines plus the cost of towing my car.

I think i have learned my lesson. when i was in the back of the cop car and my Shelby was being raised up on that flatbed, i almost cried. They were threatening that the state could keep my car. It was probably just to scare me...and it did. I ended up missing a whole week (about 65 hours) of work, and the whole ordeal cost me just as much as i would have made if i had been at work. It was a huge headache and scare that i might not be able to become a trooper. plus this is just like the BB gun in "A Christmas Story" everyone told me this would happen and i kept saying that it wouldn't...sure enough it did.

Two days after i got my license back I went to the drag strip with it for the first time and my best time was a 14.099 at just less than 102 mph. I'm not very good at it yet, but i am going to use it to vent some of my need for speed.

PS sorry it's so long, i just wanted to share... B) B) B)

Ouch! :(

Thanks for the story. I just did 120 (on a 65 mph HW) a week ago and got away with it, but your story really makes me reconsider doing that again. I don't need that kind of trouble in my life now.

We are all guilty of speeding, it's just that some of us get caught.

It sounds like you may have learned a valuable lesson here.

I would or never did speed with anyone else in my car. It's a hard way to grow up but you did show irresponsibility with your family members in the car when you did it. You got what you deserved. And maybe, just maybe you did learn that lesson.

Sometimes just thinking a second as to the consqueces may make you reconsider. Doing it at the drags is where you should have done it in the first place.

You had a lot to loose and you almost did. Thank god nothing bad happend to you, the car and most importantly your brother and sister.

And it hit you where it hurt most. The pocketbook and potentially your career.

If you think next time you feel the urge you will be a better person for it.

Now I sound like a dad again. Sorry.

It concerns me to think that someone who aspires to be a State Trooper could do something so irresponsible and an endangerment to his family and potential harm to others. In the future, if you become a State Trooper, every time you pull someone over for speeding and give them a lecture you'll be a huge hypocrit. I do hope you learned a valuable lesson and that you keep your reckless driving to the track.

I agree with ilmor. Personal responsibility and the safety of yourself and family is the priority. But I'm glad you feel you learned a valuable lesson.

Personally, I like having the power and look of my SGT, but only like to flex the muscle in very small bursts. I'm the king of 0-speed limit. But I'm an old fart (nearly) and don't need that kind of thrill, or risk.

And call me crazy, but I would never treat my $40K+ limited edition SGT like that. I've got too much respect for the car and my money. 3rd gear at 115mph? Drag racing a week later to vent your anger? I pity the person who buys your used SGT some day. And is this behavior state trooper material? Sadly it probably is. Sorry if I'm piling on, but all I'm saying is slow down a little (in all ways) and smell the coffee. Relax a bit.

We're pulling for you.

:blink I wouldnt critize this guy for wanting to be a state trooper and doing what he did. You going over the speed limit 1 MPH is breaking the law. Plus not all cops are bye the book. This guy was just getting some pratice for a high speed chase.

:blink I wouldnt critize this guy for wanting to be a state trooper and doing what he did. You going over the speed limit 1 MPH is breaking the law. Plus not all cops are bye the book. This guy was just getting some pratice for a high speed chase.

It concerns me to think that someone who aspires to be a State Trooper could do something so irresponsible and an endangerment to his family and potential harm to others. In the future, if you become a State Trooper, every time you pull someone over for speeding and give them a lecture you'll be a huge hypocrit. I do hope you learned a valuable lesson and that you keep your reckless driving to the track.

I come from a family of police officers and let me tell you. Cops are probably the worst about going over the speed limit. I can't tell you how many times I have been in the car with a family member that happens to be a cop and we've shattered the speed limits. They all have a badge and usually receive "professional courtesy" when pulled over. They consider it a perk of the job.

What does concern me about this ordeal is how the troopers handled the situation. It sounds to me like they were "big game hunting." Being as Speedy stopped immediately they should have issued a ticket and let him go. If he had run and they had to pursue then that would have been grounds for arrest and felony endangerment. If he had been in a truck or some kind of grocery getter they probably wouldn't have towed the car. I would bet that the only reason he got treated the way he did was because of the Shelby.

It's sad to say but any "performance" car will be ticketed twice as fast as a grocery getter. I have been subjected to this kind of treatment before. I paid some one else's ticket one time because I was in a Mustang and they were in a truck.

I got lucky a few years back because the radar unit of the car pursuing me was not able to clock from behind and he couldn't get close enough to pace me. After I slowed down and they managed to catch up to me I was informed not to do it again since they were upgrading radar units in the next month.

Getting installed a "white out" immediate blocker for all radar. When the radar gun hits your car it immediately sends an "error" code to which ever gun they are using, X, K, KA & laser. The cost is $450 installed.

Yup I have it too :D

Speedy I feel you man.. not to be a hyprocrite (I do speed on the streets also but not that fast), if you have the need for speed, over 65 mph, you should at least do it on the free way and during day time. Oh and get a scanner.

not a fun week! I am told that the Chatham, MA police department has a photo taken last week at the Chatham Ford garage. A Chatham PD cruiser is parked for service next to a brand new Shelby being prepped for its new owner. The cruiser is captioned saying to the Shelby "We SHALL meet again!"

By the way, the Chatham Chamber of Commerce Summer raffle is for a 2007 Shelby GT. For more info, go to the website www.chathaminfo.com

Amazing!

Of all the sanctimonious, hypocritical BS I have ever heard.

What's bad is not 5 topics down at the time of my post on here is another topic about top speed and not a single flame on there even though the speeds there are greater than his little 106mph. (and yes 106 in this car is nothing)

He is in a car DESIGNED to go these speeds. He is not endangering anyone any more than if he were in a station wagon or pick-up truck doing 75-80 but on that note, how many people would flame him for getting a ticket at 80mph? It would be more "sux for you" posts.

He pulled over of his own accord and waited for the cops to get there. The cops were the jerks because he's in a sports car. Period! If they were "doing their job" he would have just got ticketed but they went above and beyond. Why? Because some cops love to show who's got the power.

He's irresponsible.

He's a Jerk.

He's tearing up his car.

He's endangering his family and everyone else.

You GOT to be kidding me.

Now if he posted he got busted in a Dodge truck or something similar doing those speeds, or running through a residential or school zone I'd be right with you but this hollier than thou attitude he's getting for doing 106 in a SPORTS CAR on open highway is absurd!

Stump question..........do you have children?

I have a grandchild and don't use that cliche with me. He has been in the Shelby and he has done 100 mph with me. Now there is no way in heck I would copy that situation in my Jeep (which BTW he loves mudding at 3 Y.O.) but safety is relative to the situation. It's not very often that I will post anything intentionally insulting but it seems a lot like to jump on the flame wagon but forget "he who is without sin let him cast the first stone".

I am willing to bet there is not a single person in here who has not been cited for speeding and I just find it hard to believe so many would flame someone for something they themselves have done it the past. Have y'all forgot what being young means?

We have so many "safety" people out there these days using children as an excuse. Well I know PLENTY who grew up riding in the back of pickups, playing in the back seat of cars not buckled up at 75 mph while Mom reached back and smacked you for pinching you sister , sitting in a parents lap driving and so on and so forth and I know plenty who are doing just fine.

I learned to swim by falling in the water.

I learned fire was hot by touching the heater.

I learned to stay upright on a bicycle by falling over a few times and realizing it hurt when that happened.

I learned guns deserve respect by learning to shoot and not being protected from the "evil boom stick" when I was young. I also learned guns can kill when I had to put a few beloved pets down by shooting them.

I learned to respect my elders by spending time with them and helping them and going to church on Sunday's.

I learned having a smart mouth will get your butt whipped - and there was not an assault charge. You deserved it.

I learned the world is hard by getting out into it and not depending on Mom to pay the bills until I was 30.

When you use children as an excuse to propagate fear, then you've lost and so have they. I grew up with fond memories of having fun as a child out in the country walking barefoot to the pond to fish with nothing more than a Zebco 33 and a pole and catching crickets along the way or pulling web worms out of the trees once you got there and then watching the snakes swim across the water. It's a shame we use "won't someone think of the children" to strip them of the childhood memories they could pass on to their children. The values you learn as a child are what shape you as an adult and if all you are ever taught is the world is a scary place and you should be afraid, then how will they turn out as an adult?

Children do need protection but they also need to be able to live and breathe.

Now, who will be the first to post "you personally don't have kids, you don't understand."

I have a grandchild and don't use that cliche with me. He has been in the Shelby and he has done 100 mph with me. Now there is no way in heck I would copy that situation in my Jeep (which BTW he loves mudding at 3 Y.O.) but safety is relative to the situation. It's not very often that I will post anything intentionally insulting but it seems a lot like to jump on the flame wagon but forget "he who is without sin let him cast the first stone".

I am willing to bet there is not a single person in here who has not been cited for speeding and I just find it hard to believe so many would flame someone for something they themselves have done it the past. Have y'all forgot what being young means?

We have so many "safety" people out there these days using children as an excuse. Well I know PLENTY who grew up riding in the back of pickups, playing in the back seat of cars not buckled up at 75 mph while Mom reached back and smacked you for pinching you sister , sitting in a parents lap driving and so on and so forth and I know plenty who are doing just fine.

I learned to stay upright on a bicycle by falling over a few times and realizing it hurt when that happened.

I learned guns deserve respect by learning to shoot and not being protected from the "evil boom stick" when I was young. I also learned guns can kill when I had to put a few beloved pets down by shooting them.

I learned to respect my elders by spending time with them and helping them and going to church on Sunday's.

I learned having a smart mouth will get your butt whipped - and there was not an assault charge. You deserved it.

I learned the world is hard by getting out into it and not depending on Mom to pay the bills until I was 30.

When you use children as an excuse to propagate fear, then you've lost and so have they. I grew up with fond memories of having fun as a child out in the country walking barefoot to the pond to fish with nothing more than a Zebco 33 and a pole and catching crickets along the way or pulling web worms out of the trees once you got there and then watching the snakes swim across the water. It's a shame we use "won't someone think of the children" to strip them of the childhood memories they could pass on to their children. The values you learn as a child are what shape you as an adult and if all you are ever taught is the world is a scary place and you should be afraid, then how will they turn out as an adult?

Now, who will be the first to post "you personally don't have kids, you don't understand."

Amen!

Just yesterday i finally got back to work after missing a whole week due to my lead foot in an awesome car. It was last saturday night and i wanted to go for one more drive before i put the car away for the night and went out to the bars. I drove to a nearby town and turned around heading back for home. It was about 9 PM and there was nobody on the road except me. I came around a corner after a light and got on the gas. I had it up to about 115 wound right out in 3rd gear when i let off. There was one car in the opposite lane that just happened to be the cops. My very first thought is to get back on the gas and be gone. By the time they would get turned around and up to speed i'd already be a few miles ahead of them...they'd never catch me. My next thoughts were; don't do it, i had my younger brother and sister in the car with me and God forbid something happen to them if i lose control, and don't do it because i am currently signed up to take the next state trooper exam, and if i don't get away, there goes that career that i have been wanting for the last two years.

So i pull right over thinking that i had a better chance of getting in less trouble being honest about it. So it was about an entire minute and a half before they got their crown vic turned around and headed in the right direction with the lights on and all. Needles to say, the first thing i was asked was to get the hell out of my car. Then there was a ton of questions about who what when where and why. They called a flatbed to come get my car and take it to the impound, then put me in the back of their cruiser and took me, my brother, and sister to the station. None of our imediate family could be reached to come and get my siblings while they try to get a hold of any judge in the county so i could be arraigned and put behind bars with a bail amount set. They wanted to charge me with felony wreckless endangerment, which would instantly disqualify me from taking my test. I would later find out that if they did really go for that felony charge, it would be instantly thrown out in court with the specific situation. They finally got a hold of my grandparents who were coming to get my brother and sister. Still no judge...they did get a hold of the assistant district attorney (ADA)who told them to count me being at the station as my arraignment and let me go home.

The ADA just happens to also be the prosecutor in the town where i was caught. So that night about 3 hours after i was pulled over i finally got to go home with a ticket for 106 in a 40, without a license.

That week in court turned out a lot better than it could have. I got my license back with some fines plus the cost of towing my car.

I think i have learned my lesson. when i was in the back of the cop car and my Shelby was being raised up on that flatbed, i almost cried. They were threatening that the state could keep my car. It was probably just to scare me...and it did. I ended up missing a whole week (about 65 hours) of work, and the whole ordeal cost me just as much as i would have made if i had been at work. It was a huge headache and scare that i might not be able to become a trooper. plus this is just like the BB gun in "A Christmas Story" everyone told me this would happen and i kept saying that it wouldn't...sure enough it did.

Two days after i got my license back I went to the drag strip with it for the first time and my best time was a 14.099 at just less than 102 mph. I'm not very good at it yet, but i am going to use it to vent some of my need for speed.

PS sorry it's so long, i just wanted to share... B) B) B)

If you get to be a trooper are you going to use that power to speed in your car like the other cops do and never get a ticket, sorry I have a big problem with cops speeding and getting away with it.

Have to admit that I mostly agree with Stump.

You've got a car capable, if not made, for doing it. You put Z-rated rubber on it so as to be as safe as possible, and you find a deserted stretch of country road. Everyone has done it, but hopefully not often. Doesn't make it right, or much less legal, but it's the way it is.

I doubt that I would ever pull off those kinds of speeds with my children in the car, but I have no problem assuming all passengers are consenting adults. Just be safe (i.e. - no busy streats, neighborhoods, etc.). And when you get in trouble for it, take it like a man and don't whine about the price paid (kudos to Speedy on this).

WOW.................didn't know that I hit a nerve with a simple statement.

Stump. First I could not get to finish the post, boss looking over shoulder, but here is what I was getting at. And let me tell you I have kids and grandchildren. And due to a certain set of events in my life I take a dim view of the particular situation as originally described. Not just the driver but also how it was handled.

Her was my point of leading with that statement:

Have you ever had to visit a grave where someone close to you, friend, family member etc. where you just kept saying to yourself, if they only would have thought about the consequences? Or, what were they thinking? I never knew he/she was capible of doing that?

When the person's live was taken away too early. When you see the hurt it caused to the family and friends. You think it was a senseless tragedy. To be exposted to the hurt every day with parents questioning for years what could they have done to prevent it from happening. Blaming themself and tearing their insides apart. Good kids gone too early.

I have. It's not a good feeling and I live with the hurt that my parents had to endure when that State Trooper delivered the news at my aunts house. My parents were the godparents and we were at my aunts home.

Yes I agree with most of what you said. Flaming you was not my intent. Just trying to give others a different perspective on when it all goes wrong in a split second how it could effect others. And unless you have experienced it, and I hope none of you ever will, it is a very sad day when a parent has their child pass before they do. In the sceme of life it is just not supposed to happen that way.

The defective part on the car at over 100 mph. a bad wheel bearing causing the wheel to seize and the car to flip with 3 occuipents passing. Final cause of accident. My best friend and cousin passed that day. I was at the house the day the news was delivered. I have been visiting the grave site yearly on the week of my birthday. That's when it happened. A grim reminder of how just a quick fun ride can turn deadly in an instant. Just out having a little fun. To see the hurt over the years to my parents and family has taken it's toll. It is just as sensitive a subject for me in another way than it is for you.

So cherish your childhoods, your children and your grandchildren. We never know when the big guy upstairs is going to make the call. Responsiblity is not an accident. And I am proud to say in 38yrs of driving I have 1 parking ticket. Luck, maybe. But I have worked at planning it that way. I have made a concious decision to drive safely.

Sorry to ruffle feathers, it was not my intent. And Stump, I enjoy your posts when I need that little lift. I think I need to refrain for awhile and just lurk as a guest. Thanks for reading.

Roger

Roger, Sorry for your loss. I can see why you would be swayed and I can say I have not had that particular experience.

That's one of the bad things about this type of topic (and many others) is that each side can make a strong argument for and against.

Please don't lurk. I enjoy spirited conversation.

I have to ask - with no disrespect intended whatsoever - had the bearing seized at 70mph, would the outcome have changed? Unfortunately that question can probably never be answered accurately.

I had a situation happen about 3 months ago to the 87 Honda we own. My lovely wife drives this car about 60-70 miles round trip everyday. The inspection came due so I gave her the Jeep and took the Honda with me to work (obviously this was before the Shelby came into our lives). Pulling out of the driveway at work the upper and lower control arms BROKE at the joints and rolled the wheel under the car. All I could think is "what if this happened to Christie at 65 mph?" and my heart sunk within myself. Needless to say the entire front end was replaced the next day and the car is still driven at 65-70 mph everyday.

I don't necessarily believe in predetermination but I had a guy at work who said "man you're lucky!" when he came out and saw the damage. I told him I prefer to call it "blessed". My point to that story is you can't live life in a "what if" state of mind or should I say, I choose not to. Of course reasoning and common sense do not need to be misplaced either.

I did get miffed earlier but not at you or anyone in particular for that matter. It just seemed Speedy was getting hammered unfairly and and that's what got to me. Maybe my empathy was stoked a bit too much.

How a did a speeding ticket post turn philosophical? :rolleyes:

Well said Stump, and that's coming from a parent of two healthy and spirited boys age 6 and 8.

Speedy, I'm the last guy to tell you how to drive because I've been where you've been and I've also been arrested for dry reckless driving (w/o alcohol). You've learned a valuable leason as did I but don't let anyone tell you that driving above the speed limit is dangerous, driving a vehicle AT ANY SPPED is a dangerous undertaking. If speeding is dangerous than I'll take bets that everyone on this forum has driven dangerously at one time or another.

As for myself, I never drive as fast or as hard with passangers as I do when I'm by myself, but when asked by a consenting adult to "show me what it's got" I'll comply when I feel it's appropriate and not endangering others.

If driving fast and hard when it's appropriate to do so (track or street) isn't one of the reasons why you own a sportscar, or in the case of the Mustang, a musclecar, than we should all be driving trucks or hybirds; now wouldn't that be a dull existance...

One last bit of wisdom gleaned from years of personal experience, traffic tickets are more about revenue for the State than they are about safety. If traffic tickets were strictly about safety, compliance would be better achieved by a warning on your first ticket and suspension of your license on your second.

Happy motoring Folks,

WP

When i posted my story i had no idea what it was going to bring about. I def wasn't expecting anything. To all who have read/replied...i do feel like i have learned a lesson. I have actually liked everyone's replies...even the ones criticizing and maybe lecturing me. I have gotten a lot of lecturing from my family, maybe not enough. I liked reading the opinions of unbiased people that don't even know me. I still can't say that i'm all the way on one side or the other...i agree with almost every response. I can't say that i will never go that fast again because i know i will, but i def will never do it with anyone else in the car. If something did happen and they got hurt or died and i didn't, i don't know how i could live with the guilt. But it's hard to say now that i'm trying to write about it because i would never want to put my family through losing me either. I don't know if there ever is really a "safe" time to go that fast. There are always too many variables that can't be thought of. I'm only 24 years old and it's still hard for me to believe that i own this car...i would hate for anything to happen to it.

Stump: No they didn't hurt anything putting on the flatbed. As well as i could see he loaded it up just as it shows in the Shelby GT extra manual. BUT, i did tell the driver of the flatbed that my cover was in the trunk and to put it on when he unloaded it. He then told me that it would be stored inside. When i went to pick it up it was outside with two nice piles of bird $#!+ on it.

gtplumber: your question about speeding once (if) i become a trooper... I don't know. I have always driven fast no matter what i'm doing, and i actually haven't gotten even 5 speeding tix in the almost 9 years i've been driving. I think the best i can say is that I don't plan on diliberately abusing my "power" to speed. I will just drive like I always have.

To all others: I really have enjoyed reading what you have said...good and bad. I would like to reply to each post but i would be writing for hours. Just know that i appreciate all your comments, and if you have any more keep them coming. I didn't intend for this to become "philisophical" or whatever it is but i'm glad it did.

B) speedy B)

Well said Stump, and that's coming from a parent of two healthy and spirited boys age 6 and 8.

Speedy, I'm the last guy to tell you how to drive because I've been where you've been and I've also been arrested for dry reckless driving (w/o alcohol). You've learned a valuable leason as did I but don't let anyone tell you that driving above the speed limit is dangerous, driving a vehicle AT ANY SPPED is a dangerous undertaking. If speeding is dangerous than I'll take bets that everyone on this forum has driven dangerously at one time or another.

As for myself, I never drive as fast or as hard with passangers as I do when I'm by myself, but when asked by a consenting adult to "show me what it's got" I'll comply when I feel it's appropriate and not endangering others.

If driving fast and hard when it's appropriate to do so (track or street) isn't one of the reasons why you own a sportscar, or in the case of the Mustang, a musclecar, than we should all be driving trucks or hybirds; now wouldn't that be a dull existance...

One last bit of wisdom gleaned from years of personal experience, traffic tickets are more about revenue for the State than they are about safety. If traffic tickets were strictly about safety, compliance would be better achieved by a warning on your first ticket and suspension of your license on your second.

Happy motoring Folks,

WP

I agree 100%

"If speeding is dangerous than I'll take bets that everyone on this forum has driven dangerously at one time or another".

I'm guilty of it..........

• 3 months later...

D*mn I must have been out of town of the "continuation" of these posts. Stump good for you and you said it right. That was a bad cliche!

Speeding alone is not wreckless in a proper car. Ask yourself is the 60mph limit still reasonable in light of all the automotive technology developed since the 60 limit was enacted?

How about a stupidity/skill/reaction aptitude test upon being pulled over?

I am more scared of a cell phone weilding driver at 40 than I am of the well maintained and set up car doing 140 in a 60 in clear traffic with a sober skilled driver. Although I do not condone this kind of driving I can see how the 60 limit is bs. My 24 year old relative was killed in wreck due to alchohol. He was not speeding to my knowledge.

I have wrecked several cars in my youth and only one was due to speeding around a blind corner.

Anybody who thinks spirited driving in these cars is abusive to the car is completly and totally missing the point of owning one of these. The company motto is "DRIVEN" i suggest you try it....But to each his own, right on Stump! My dad and I often went over a hundred in his 66 mustang fastback and his other various cars when it was prudent, I also shot my first 410 shotgun at 5 and I am still here.

BTW when you become a trooper remember this thread when pulling over a sober driver on a clear road doing way over the limit. And give that person a break sometimes the break will go farther than what happened to you. :D

Speeding alone is not wreckless in a proper car. Ask yourself is the 60mph limit still reasonable in light of all the automotive technology developed since the 60 limit was enacted?

How about a stupidity/skill/reaction aptitude test upon being pulled over?

I am more scared of a cell phone weilding driver at 40 than I am of the well maintained and set up car doing 140 in a 60 in clear traffic with a sober skilled driver. Although I do not condone this kind of driving I can see how the 60 limit is bs. My 24 year old relative was killed in wreck due to alchohol. He was not speeding to my knowledge.

I have wrecked several cars in my youth and only one was due to speeding around a blind corner.

Anybody who thinks spirited driving in these cars is abusive to the car is completly and totally missing the point of owning one of these. The company motto is "DRIVEN" i suggest you try it....But to each his own, right on Stump! My dad and I often went over a hundred in his 66 mustang fastback and his other various cars when it was prudent, I also shot my first 410 shotgun at 5 and I am still here.

BTW when you become a trooper remember this thread when pulling over a sober driver on a clear road doing way over the limit. And give that person a break sometimes the break will go farther than what happened to you. :D

Our freeways were designed and built to go 70+ Mph when the cars were buckboards compared to even the lamest new cars of today.

Archived