TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT in Autoweek

reb

I just got autoweek yesterday and there is an article on the new 2008 Shelby GT convertable, also an advertisment on the back outside cover.

2008 Shelby GT Convertible

Carroll's coupe gains topless sibling

By BOB GRITZINGER

AutoWeek | Published 06/13/07, 10:28 am et

First, they brought us the Ford Shelby GT coupe. Now, Carroll Shelby and the Mustang and Ford Racing folks are getting together to offer their pony-on-steroids in a convertible version for 2008.

In addition to the drop-top Shelby GT, both coupe and convertible models will be offered exclusively in Vista blue with silver stripes for 2008. All 2007 models were painted either white or black.

Shelby GT models begin as a specially equipped Mustang GT assembled at Ford’s Flat Rock, Michigan, plant. The cars are then shipped to the Shelby Automobiles facility in Las Vegas for transformation into Shelby GTs.

At the Shelby shop, the cars get additional aerodynamic pieces, including a unique front fascia and large lower air dam, a hood scoop that is also used on Shelby Cobra roadsters and unique side scoops.

I'm a fan of the '07, but I think that's because I'm getting one. If I were to win the lotto and buy an '08 vert to go with the '07 that might be the optimal scenario!!! :D :D :D

I also agree the 07's look better, I think it might be because black or white just looks better on a high performance car or maybe we are all just jealous because they weren't suppose to make anymore after 07. What about 09 are they going to have another color? Are the colors going to be our exclusivity? Wonder how many blacks and whites were acually produced.

.....nobody ever said they were not going to make a 2008. Amy always said that 2008 would depend on how 2007 sold. Perhaps that is one reason they reduced the number and changed the color. Also, keep in mind the 2008's are scheduled for Job 1 by Ford. There could be something else come out for Job 2.

The Blue is okay, probably because I am a UK Wildcat fan though. :D

I like other colors also. I liked the Alloy Metallic and Tungsten Grey on the GT 500.

The Grabber Orange should have been a metallic though. I liked the ability to make a car your own.

The GT 500 had a good choice of colors and combos. The rare cars are the Alloy and Orange. Not many around. Lots of White and Red.

I LOVE the Silver on the 2008 GT 500! WICKED!

I LOVED the silver that was on the original S197 proto. It was a titanium silver if I remember correctly. I ended up buying a 06 satin silver GT...which I sold after getting the SGT...but I wish Ford would have usd the titanium instead of satin. Oh well, now I have white so it dont matter anyway :)

I LOVED the silver that was on the original S197 proto. It was a titanium silver if I remember correctly. I ended up buying a 06 satin silver GT...which I sold after getting the SGT...but I wish Ford would have usd the titanium instead of satin. Oh well, now I have white so it dont matter anyway :)

So the stripe on our SGT's is called satin silver? I've been going nuts trying to find the exact name.

According to a local dealer here the part # is 7R3Z6320000EA and for just one stripe on the hood the price is $256! :blink:

I'm still not convinced he wasn't looking at the 500 though even though he kept saying the Shelby GT.

I do know the front fascia stripe kit is $80 (it came rolled in a poster mailer and didn't describe the color). That's how much it's going to cost me to repair my now infamous dealer-installed front plate mishap. I'm hoping to get off a little easy with the stripe install as a good friend of mine owns a paint shop that restores hot rods. Then again he might charge me full rates! LOL.

Stump get ahold of a 3M vinyl color chart. I would assume it is what they call 3M Scotchcal Series 220 metallic film. Try a paint shop or a sign shop. I used to sell sign supplies and we carried vinyl by 3M converted by a company named Gerber Scientific products. They had a metallic silver vinyl. I think that is what this is. I dont have anymore color charts or Id look for you. The gerber part # used to be P27359A. That is for a 15" x 10 yard roll of "punched" material. That is the part # on the 13 year old price sheet I have. Id bet that is what it is. I will see if I can get ahold of someone from the old days and see if I can back track the 3M part #.

Stump get ahold of a 3M vinyl color chart. I would assume it is what they call 3M Scotchcal Series 220 metallic film. Try a paint shop or a sign shop. I used to sell sign supplies and we carried vinyl by 3M converted by a company named Gerber Scientific products. They had a metallic silver vinyl. I think that is what this is. I dont have anymore color charts or Id look for you. The gerber part # used to be P27359A. That is for a 15" x 10 yard roll of "punched" material. That is the part # on the 13 year old price sheet I have. Id bet that is what it is. I will see if I can get ahold of someone from the old days and see if I can back track the 3M part #.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll check it out.... :D

So the stripe on our SGT's is called satin silver? I've been going nuts trying to find the exact name.

According to a local dealer here the part # is 7R3Z6320000EA and for just one stripe on the hood the price is $256! :blink:

I'm still not convinced he wasn't looking at the 500 though even though he kept saying the Shelby GT.

No the stripe is not Satin Silver, the color of the stripe is High Performance Silver. I was told that by a very high quality source. If someone knows different please let me know. B)

No the stripe is not Satin Silver, the color of the stripe is High Performance Silver. I was told that by a very high quality source. If someone knows different please let me know. B)

After I posted that Mike was kind enough to double check the part number. It comes back to the GT500....

Archived