TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Some Shelby GTs Still Selling Over MSRP

mffarrell

Maybe closer to GT 500 prices than that. Here's a gt500 with no reserve with 22 hours left going for $50K

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...25151&rd=1&rd=1

That car is $6500 over MSRP and still going.................+ it is in Florida 3000 miles from me, (shipping $12-1300).......& it says WE ARE A FLORIDA DEALER AND COLLECT SALES TAX UP TO SIX PERCENT. THERE IS A $199.00 DEALER FEE. price is going up

randy

Would you be happy if you couldn't buy ANY make of new vehicle for nothing BELOW msrp, as well?

Why is it OK to beat dealers up to pay below MSRP but not OK for dealers to sell over MSRP??? What is the difference?

People cry over paying over MSRP but I have never seen them happy to pay MSRP either.

The MARKET determines pricing, NOT the dealers. Dealers merely price the cars and the CONSUMERS end up dictating what the MARKET PRICE will be in the end. If the CONSUMER is willing to pay it that is what it will sell for and set the market at. If the CONSUMER is not willing to pay it the MARKET PRICE drops to what the CONSUMER will pay.

Why do you think most cars sell below MSRP? Because that is the market price the CONSUMER has set based on what they will pay! Otherwise you would pay over MSRP on any car if it were the dealers setting the prices.

Those that want it and can afford it and are willing to pay for it will buy it. Others will not. No big deal. Crying about it will not change a thing. And MOST, not all, but MOST people that are crying about it are the ones that wouldn't and/or couldn't buy it at MSRP either!

Agree. Econ. 101 supply and demand. The reason a Shelby sells for more is b/c of Price Elasticity of Supply.

Supply is low, demand is high, then prices go up!

i was doing some research on the shelby gt and decided to go to the source and to my amazement i discovered that sa has been producing the sgt for sometime (just a nod to the comments about poor marketing).

regarding the pricing of ANY vehicle...it's almost impossible to make blanket assertions about what a particular vehicle will sell for: there's a reason that the american auto companies are in trouble: they're not selling alot of vehicles whether they're gotta have it models or run of the mill grocery getters. i'm not trying to get on a soap box or preach but it's important to remember that when talking about what a dealer (a private businessman) will charge for a certain model it is largely contingent on supply and demand and that has to do in large part, where you live in the country. i live in lower fairfield county in connecticut and if i see 5 mustangs in a WEEK that's unusual...this is not an exageration...american cars DO NOT sell (except for the big chevy suv's). everyone around here buys imports...i drive an 06 sts6 and the neighbor has an 05 cts-v (an inlaw has a dealership)and that's it on my street. everybody else drives euro or asian hardware. this is a fact of life in large parts of the country from what i have read. it's not that unusual.

in greenwich, ct the ford dealer closed shop and changed over to lexus. when the story ran in the local paper, the owner gave the stats for last year of sales for fords: it was dismal: the lexus was outselling the fords three or four to one...

is it like this all over the country? obviously not, but the next time you go to the store or to work, check out what's in your neighbor's driveway...you might be surprised.

jackg

06 sts6

i love this car, what a great blending ride and handling, it's hard to believe i'm driving a caddy, the darn thing handles so well.

Didn't you used to drive a dodge?

Painfully for 1 1/2 years. I never disliked a vehicle more and it was an 05. Driveshaft failed (read "broke in half while driving down the road), it squeaked and rattled, no power, the tow/haul did not disengage the OD gear, dash warning lights always coming on, etc.

I could go on but Vodka is impeading my vocabulary. :unsure:

And if you notice - to get back on the thread topic - Dodge trucks sell WAY under MSRP or at least in Texas they do. I actually bought mine for $11k UNDER MSRP which was why I got it in the first place. The 05 Ram went when the Shelby came into existence.

Now for the opposite, I dearly miss my 03 Avalanche. That has to be the most awesome all around vehicle - except for the dreaded GM piston slap which is "normal" according to GM.

Painfully for 1 1/2 years. I never disliked a vehicle more and it was an 05. Driveshaft failed (read "broke in half while driving down the road), it squeaked and rattled, no power, the tow/haul did not disengage the OD gear, dash warning lights always coming on, etc.

And if you notice - to get back on the thread topic - Dodge trucks sell WAY under MSRP or at least in Texas they do. I actually bought mine for $11k UNDER MSRP which was why I got it in the first place.

Now for the opposite, I dearly miss my 03 Avalanche. That has to be the most awesome all around vehicle - except for the dreaded GM piston slap which is "normal" according to GM.

I've had two Dodges and luckily both were top notch vehicles. I have heard of some being real lemons though.

I'll agree on the Avalanches and raise you a Silverado 1500. I wanted an Avalanche, but the 4-wheeler wouldn't fit in the bed so I got the Silverado.

And if you notice - to get back on the thread topic - Dodge trucks sell WAY under MSRP or at least in Texas they do. I actually bought mine for $11k UNDER MSRP which was why I got it in the first place.

I've had two Dodges and luckily both were top notch vehicles. I have heard of some being real lemons though.

I'll agree on the Avalanches and raise you a Silverado 1500. I wanted an Avalanche, but the 4-wheeler wouldn't fit in the bed so I got the Silverado.

Really? My 4 wheeler fit fine but then I just have a Beartracker 250cc...

EDIT: I should add my wife was extremely mad at me for the longest time for trading off the Avalanche. The Shelby has set the world straight again!

Of course she came in tonight saying she hates that car. She wants to run but can't because traffic seems to crowd up around her then she gets restless and becomes an ahole driver! LOL

Everybody wants to look.

Archived