TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Donation Party is a GO!!

OK Listen up!! The Donation Party is approved and accepted by SAI and the Childrens Foundation. It will be for 40th Package buyers only. The recomended donation is $1000 per car. The party will be scheduled for late August/early September, depending on Carroll Shelby's schedule. The only thing needed now is serious participants. John Walker has asked me to get a list of willing participants so he can verify that your on the 40th list. I need your Name and VIN # of your car. You may PM me here or e-mail me @ jdaallen@aol.com. Your information will be kept confidential and used for this purpose only. We are hoping to get 15 party goers!! I realise there are many details to be worked out, but this is the starting line!!

I spoke with a friend at RM auto Auctions and he told me that if we were able to get this done and have pictorial proof as well as some specially signed vehicles it would have significant value for the limited number of cars that got this treatment. It would also set these cars apart from (run of the mill) other Shelbys.

If we limit this to 20 cars or less it would be more intimate and afford the lucky few a chance to spend some one on one time and have some reat pictures to document the experience.

As for me COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK Listen up!! The Donation Party is approved and accepted by SAI and the Childrens Foundation. It will be for 40th Package buyers only. The recomended donation is $1000 per car. The party will be scheduled for late August/early September, depending on Carroll Shelby's schedule. The only thing needed now is serious participants. John Walker has asked me to get a list of willing participants so he can verify that your on the 40th list. I need your Name and VIN # of your car. You may PM me here or e-mail me @ jdaallen@aol.com. Your information will be kept confidential and used for this purpose only. We are hoping to get 15 party goers!! I realise there are many details to be worked out, but this is the starting line!!

I spoke with a friend at RM auto Auctions and he told me that if we were able to get this done and have pictorial proof as well as some specially signed vehicles it would have significant value for the limited number of cars that got this treatment. It would also set these cars apart from (run of the mill) other Shelbys.

If we limit this to 20 cars or less it would be more intimate and afford the lucky few a chance to spend some one on one time and have some reat pictures to document the experience.

As for me COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK Listen up!! The Donation Party is approved and accepted by SAI and the Childrens Foundation. It will be for 40th Package buyers only. The recomended donation is $1000 per car. The party will be scheduled for late August/early September, depending on Carroll Shelby's schedule. The only thing needed now is serious participants. John Walker has asked me to get a list of willing participants so he can verify that your on the 40th list. I need your Name and VIN # of your car. You may PM me here or e-mail me @ jdaallen@aol.com. Your information will be kept confidential and used for this purpose only. We are hoping to get 15 party goers!! I realise there are many details to be worked out, but this is the starting line!![/size]

There are only a few openings left to signup for the Donation Party. SAI limited the number of cars that could be involved in the party, so don't get left out. PM or e-mail me if interested.

thanks,

jdaallen

There ar 2 (two) positions left, Any Takers???

John,

Have you got all of the 15 signed up? Also, is this just going to be a guy trip/ party or do we "get" to bring the wives?

keep us updated, maybe we can make this a real experience for you all!

jdaallen I just bought my car this past week. at this time I have been unable to contact john or bud to have

my name added to the list. they seem to be busy out their. could you give me advice on getting on the list?

also I noticed your car is already their waiting for the work. Is it outside? I thought about trailering

"enclosed" my car out their and leaving it, as I live in ms. When they give you a date for the work

I understand it will take about 2-3 days, have you heard of anyone taking their car their and waiting on it. one other thing what will they do with the original exhaust,wheels,etc. I hope I have'nt intruded on the subject matter of this forum but you seem to be in the know and i'm new to this forum and don't

know the private message thing yet. thanks kyle

jdaallen I just bought my car this past week. at this time I have been unable to contact john or bud to have

my name added to the list. they seem to be busy out their. could you give me advice on getting on the list?

also I noticed your car is already their waiting for the work. Is it outside? I thought about trailering

"enclosed" my car out their and leaving it, as I live in ms. When they give you a date for the work

I understand it will take about 2-3 days, have you heard of anyone taking their car their and waiting on it. one other thing what will they do with the original exhaust,wheels,etc. I hope I have'nt intruded on the subject matter of this forum but you seem to be in the know and i'm new to this forum and don't

Kyle,

I am going to do exactly what you suggested. I'm going to trailer the car out and wait to have it done and then bring it back to Texas. I'm also going to the party! I learned that I am going to have to bring it back for the SS upgrades. Bummer.

Kyle,

I am going to do exactly what you suggested. I'm going to trailer the car out and wait to have it done and then bring it back to Texas. I'm also going to the party! I learned that I am going to have to bring it back for the SS upgrades. Bummer.

Kyle,

I also plan on trailering my car out and waiting for the upgrades to be completed and going to the party if the time will allow. I live in Missouri and it will take me two days to drive out and another two for the trip back. I have not heard an official turn around time but 2-3 days seem to be the rumor. As for the stock parts that are removed I assume they will be returned to us...I hope that's the case. Amy, any ideas on these issues? If they can't turn it around this fast then I'll have to hire a transport out and then fly out for the donation party. That could get very expensive though, but hey it's only money!!! I have been dealing with Bud Mahoney and he is usually good at getting back with me usually via email. I'll PM you his contact info if you would like it.

John,

Have you got all of the 15 signed up? Also, is this just going to be a guy trip/ party or do we "get" to bring the wives?

I'm sure the family is invited. I was only given a limit on cars which was 15. Yes all 15 are signed up and a list of reserve in case anyone drops out.

Take Care

Kyle,

I would e-mail John and/or Bud with your name and VIN# of your car and let them know you want on the list. You should get a response within a day I would think. They are very busy out there. I wouldn't take your car out there untill they have you scheduled. They are really hurting for room with all space taken by the GT program. Mine is there because I had my dealer drop-ship it to Shelby. I did not know they did not want the 40th cars there untill after it got delivered.

Take Care,

I plan on trailering my cat there myself - and waiting for it to be completed - and the donation party. When I spoke to John Walker (SAI) about the original parts to be removed - he said if I was trailering the car myself - that I could definately have all of my parts to take with me. He said they would be limited on what they send back if I used a shipping company. I don't know exactly what they are sending back if you use a freight company-I think the wheels and tires???

Archived