TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What cover?

rootdoc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

OILMAN,

I have used one of the zip bags for years ,works great!After all winter the car comes out with no dust. You get 5lbs of desiccant with the cover, (keeps all moisture out) and can be reuseable.I got mine from an ad in Hemmings Motor News.

Thanks, have a copy of Hemmings at my office, will look thru it.

Ford OEM "COBRA" cover. Can't remember the actual name of the material, but, as previously mentioned here, it's the parachute material.

What's really cool is it has the Cobra emblem on the front and across the back it says COBRA. (if your're into that.) Has eyelet for antenna.

Actually it says SHELBY across the back in the same style letters as are on the trunk lid and has a clear rear license tag window....

• 4 weeks later...

Is the OEM cover something that had to be ordered special or was it something thing nice they threw in?

The cover had to be ordered. Mine showed up on the window sticker. Only $375? The bonus is that it was stolen out of the car during shipping. The dealership ordered me a new one and it was here in a week.

I didn't complain about paying the ADM. The car is the exact dream car I wanted and I felt its worth it, to me at least, but 375 wont break their bank on a 10,000 markup. I mean I gave them a 10,000 cash profit and I plan on buying a SGT (hopefully GT-C) in the near future, so throwing in a cover and maybe a nice hat might be the small thing that makes sure I come back to you and not another dealer. If you're going to take care of me as a customer, I'll take care of you can pay a little extra. :unsure:

The Rahal dealers around here give you luggage sets and other gifts just for buying.

grabber,

thanx for cool photos of cover. can you give me more details. i found the weathertech unit called out by someone in the message chain. it appears to be multilayer and for outside protection. several of you talk to parachute type material which implies thin and for inside dust protection. i want a simple but good cover to protect the car inside my garage. so can you or anyone give me more details on what type you have: ease of use, folding it up etc, what do you use it for and most of all, specifics on name, manufacture, part #s etc. thanx in advance.......

poohtang

07SS0278

Archived