JULY 6-7-8-9, 2007

MILLER MOTORSPORTS PARK

TOOELE, UTAH

http://www.saac.com/eventsAndConventions/saac32.html

FUN RUN TO FLAT ROCK MUSTANG ASSEMBLY PLANT

Mid to Late October , Flat Rock MI

http://www.mccne.com/upcomingevents.htm

Who's going?

I won't have my car by the time SAAC 32 comes so no luck there. I would love to go to Flat Rock though.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For New England Shelby and Ford Owners:

Tasca Ford Flyer, Carroll Shelby to be in attendance:

http://www.warnerrobert.com/tasca.pdf

Roger thanks for mentioning this. I was going to post this after I got my car and wrote about my SGT experience. As you know, Tasca Ford is doing mods to my car after SAI is finished building it and before I take delivery of the car. All of Tasca's mods will be "dealer installed" options which will be considered as if Ford did it at the factory (from what I understand).

My car will be displayed in this event. Take a look at my Picasa album and read the Tasca Shelby article: http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT. This will give you a flavor of what I have been trying to accomplish for months. When all is said and done, I won't hit the 600 HP as shown in the article, but I'll come pretty darn close – and mine will be "factory." I even found the same 1967 Tasca Ford badge on eBay as shown in the article. Tasca will put this badge on my car.

This event is what I had in mind when I was sort of mentioning about a bunch of us from the North East getting together toward the end of the summer from an earlier post. It would be great if we could all have our first annual SGT party/event at an event like this one. Other special people will be there too, not just those listed.

Well, again, I'll post more info after I get my car but in the meantime, do some research on Tasca Ford and their history with Ford, Performance Racing, Shelby and more. It is pretty cool. I welcome anyone to come to this event, it will be a blast. Maybe they'll let me race against the 08 KR that will be displayed. My car will be 500 lbs lighter and hopefully at least 10+ more HP.

Concours De Nice

June 10

Costa Mesa, CA (South Coast Plaza)

All Shelby Show, with a '06-07 Shelby Mustang Class, hosted by the Cobra Owners Club of America, Orange County. You must be in the parking garage by 8:30, then they park by class. I'll be there

I can't post a link because it is in PDF but I can forward it to anybody interested.

I will be making plans to make the Tasco show for sure. Are they installing a s/c for you? Are they to be the East Coast shelby mod shop I have heard talk of?

Webba, since this is now a pinned topic, I will try to keep the conversation to a minimum so it can be used more for posting shows/events (and PM you with a reply).

1) Awesome

2) No

3) Not exactly

Shelby / Mustang Show

Maggie Valley, North Carolina

September 22, 2007

Conveniently located for residents of GA, SC, NC, TN, KY, VA and AL

Expecting at least 150 cars, capacity of 250

Mix of early (1960s) cars as well as late model cars (including Shelby, Saleen, etc.)

www.negeorgiamustangclub.org

For New England Shelby and Ford Owners:

Tasca Ford Flyer, Carroll Shelby to be in attendance:

http://www.warnerrobert.com/tasca.pdf

You woud think that the Tasca Ford flyer would spell Carroll's name correctly for a big event like this. Didn't anyone notice?????

Volo Auto Museum: Volvo IL

Shelby-Ford-Cobra Show scheduled for June 3 has been postponed until July 1. It now will be in conjunction with the George Barris Show, which should be a blast.

Registration fee for the show will be $10

Please let us know as soon as possible whether we will enjoy your participation on July 1.

Should you have questions, call (815) 385-3644.

Cyndi Wyss

Director, Volo Auto Museum

27582 W. Volo Village Road

Volo, IL 60073

(815) 385-3644, ext. 25

cyndi@volocars.com

Volo Auto Museum: Volvo IL

Shelby-Ford-Cobra Show scheduled for June 3 has been postponed until July 1. It now will be in conjunction with the George Barris Show, which should be a blast.

Registration fee for the show will be $10

Please let us know as soon as possible whether we will enjoy your participation on July 1.

Should you have questions, call (815) 385-3644.

Cyndi Wyss

Director, Volo Auto Museum

27582 W. Volo Village Road

Volo, IL 60073

(815) 385-3644, ext. 25

cyndi@volocars.com

Matt-are you heading to this?? If I have my car by then, maybe i can swing over and hook up with you.

Larry

Matt-are you heading to this?? If I have my car by then, maybe i can swing over and hook up with you.

Larry

Yes, I was going to go. It would be cool to hook up!

Matt.Let me know if you will be going..maybe we can hook up. Thanx Steve

Yes. That would be cool.

Update! Registration is now free!

http://www.volocars.com/news53.html

September 16, 2007

Mustang, Roush, Shelby, Steeda, Saleen and Ford Show

Sayville, New York

Hosted by Classic Mustang Club - Long Island Region at Sayville Ford, 5686 Sunrise Hwy. Event hours are 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM with check-in running 9:00 - Noon. Registration fee is $20.00. Hosted by Mustang & Shelby Club of Long Island. MCA & SAAC Regional Club. Participant judging with all years Mustangs and cars born a Ford welcome. Food and Beverages will be available. Free show T-Shirts available to 1st 100 show cars. Music and fun for all. Raindate is Sun. Sept. 23rd. You can contact Mike Basile on the club phone @ 631-371-1432. For more information, call Rick Wertz at 631-838-2408 or email richard.wertz@verizon.net or call Carl Vosen at 347-865-6103 or email Carl@ideal-roofing.com or visit the website at http://www.mscli.com.

This show is celebrating the 50th anniversary of Sayville Ford. There will be a live radio station feed, lots of door prizes, and a Carroll Shelby signed die cast 1967 GT500E to be raffled off as well. Hope to see you all. Rick

From the SAAC web site:

July 14

Kingston, NY. 25th Annual Vintage Car Show sponsored by the Hudson Valley Mustang Association at Robert Post Park. Open to all makes and models.

Tim (845) 473-7329 or Bob (845) 221-0158.

July 21

Brookline MA. Larz Anderson Auto Museum “American Muscle Day”, this year paying tribute to Carroll Shelby. Special concours area for Shelby cars & Shelby inspired cars. Info:

Elln Hagney (617) 522-06547,

Web Site: www.mot.org.

SAACNE members will be attending.

Contacts for SAACNE: Gene Koss (860) 872-9225, Jeff Conley (86) 872-4102

email: saacne@comcast.net

July 21-22

Pacific Junction, IA. MCCI @ MAM 6 Open Track Weekend held at the Mid America Motorplex. Saturday timed sessions, Sunday touring. Vintage Trans Am races. Saturday night BBQ

email: twosheds@dwx.com

Web Site: www.mustangclubofcentraliowa.org

July 22

Allentown, PA. Muscle & Performance Car Show at Highland Daytona Racing hosted by Highland Daytona Racing & Lehigh Valley SAAC.

Yvonne Keller (610) 465-5413 day or Dan Reiter (610) 253-7107 eve

Web Sites: www.autoresourcetoolkit.com or www.hdrcoupe.com

Aug. 17-18-19

Elkhart Lake, WI. Northwoods Region SAAC 32nd Annual Midwest Invitational Open Track at the famous Road America. Group touring, timed autocross sessions, Saturday evening banquet.

Web Site: www.nwshelbyclub.com

Aug. 18

Las Vegas, NV. The drawing for a 2007 Shelby GT500 owned by

Carroll Shelby. For information and tickets go to the

Carroll Shelby Children's Foundation: www.winashelby.org

August 25

Cranston, RI. Tasca Ford’s 10th annual “Mustang & Live Music Event”, an all Ford show. Invitees include Carroll Shelby & Bob Tasca, Sr.

Car show information: Glenn Tiberiis, (401) 640-7550,

Web Site: www.tasca.com.

SAACNE members will be attending.

Contacts for SAACNE: Gene Koss (860) 872-9225, Jeff Conley (86) 872-4102

email: saacne@comcast.net

Aug. 28

Milwaukee, WI. Northwoods Region SAAC Tuesday Cruise Night at Pandl's Restaurant in Bayside.

Sept. 7-8-9

Sonoma, CA. Mini Nats XXIV at Infineon Raceway sponsored by Nor Cal SAAC.

Web Site: www.norcal-saac.org/

Sept. 14-15-16

Elkhart Lake, WI. The Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival XXII featured marque is the Mustang. Many important Ford & Shelby cars will take to the track & streets including a police guided tour of the original road course through town, culminating in a street concours in the town square.

Web Site: www.raceelvf.org

Sept. 16

Sayville, NY. Mustang, Shelby, Roush, Steeda, Saleen & Ford show at Sayville Ford hosted by the Mustang & Shelby Club of Long Island, MCA & SAAC Regional Club. All years Mustangs & cars born a Ford welcome. Raindate Sept 23rd.

Mike Basile (631) 371-1432

Rick Wertz (631) 472-2702

email: richard.wertz@verizon.net

Carl Vosen (347) 865-6103

email: Carl@ideal-roofing.com

Web Site: www.mscli.com

Sept. 29-30-Oct. 1

Joliet, IL. Northwoods Region SAAC Gran Prix Open Track at the Autobahn Country Club. Saturday 1.5 mile North track, Sunday 2.1 mile South track, Monday combined 3.5 mile North & South track.

Oct. 20-21

Willows, CA. Fall Classic Open Track at Thunderhill Raceway sponsored by Nor Cal SAAC.

Nov. 9-10

Daytona Beach, FL. Annual Florida SAAC Event will be held in conjunction with Historic Sportscar Racing at Daytona International Speedway.

Pete Geisler c/o Orlando Mustang (407) 688-1966

email: OrlMust@aol.com

Dec. 14

Sunnyvale, CA. Nor Cal SAAC’s Holiday Party at the Montessori Club House.

This is a great Sunday only show held yearly at Lime Rock Park in CT. Sunday is a non-race day the this show usually attracts the Local CT chapter of SAAC and their cars.

Rolex Vintage Festival presented by BMW

31 August - 3 September 2007

As the summer begins to turn to fall, Lime Rock Park celebrates the past with the Rolex Vintage Festival presented by BMW.

This coming Labor Day Weekend, Lime Rock Park will celebrate several important anniversaries. The 50th Anniversary of the track, the 25th Anniversary of Sunda in the Park and the 60th Anniversary of Road and Track magazine, Americas premier Automotive Monthly, which has joined Rolex Watch USA and BMW in supporting the Vintage Festivall.

The organizers, Steve Earle, the doyen of Historic Motorsports in the USA, Murray Smith, and Skip Barber, ex F1 Driver and Lime Rock Park owner look forward to another successful event. While Trans-Am cars rocked the spectators at the 2006 running of the Vintage Festival, this years special featuer will showcase the golden formative years of IMSA when Porsche and BMW fought for glory at tracks throughout America including Lime Rock Park.

John Bishop, the founder of IMSA, will be on hand throughout the weekend as will a number of the drivers from that era and a special group of RSR and 935 Porsches and M1 BMWs which will certainly provide exciting racing.

Ferrari GTOs, yes the expensive ones, will slug it out with Aston Martins MGs, Arnolt Bristols, Allards, Austin Healeys and Lotus will all provide a nostalgic but speedy class, and some of the great cars of the pre war era including Alfa Romeo, Bugatti and Miller will recreate the sights and sounds that can normally only be seen on historicla film or tape.

Sunday in the Park has evolved from an essentially local car show 25 years ago into a comprehensive motoring extravaganza which fills the entire facility with interesting sights and things to do.

All of this plus the fabulous Rolex Moments in Time display, a museum quality gathering of cars and artifacts which have made significant contributions to Motorsports History, make for a wonderful day out in the scenic green valley of Lime Rock Park.

Roger thanks for mentioning this. I was going to post this after I got my car and wrote about my SGT experience. As you know, Tasca Ford is doing mods to my car after SAI is finished building it and before I take delivery of the car. All of Tasca's mods will be "dealer installed" options which will be considered as if Ford did it at the factory (from what I understand).

My car will be displayed in this event. Take a look at my Picasa album and read the Tasca Shelby article: http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT. This will give you a flavor of what I have been trying to accomplish for months. When all is said and done, I won't hit the 600 HP as shown in the article, but I'll come pretty darn close – and mine will be "factory." I even found the same 1967 Tasca Ford badge on eBay as shown in the article. Tasca will put this badge on my car.

This event is what I had in mind when I was sort of mentioning about a bunch of us from the North East getting together toward the end of the summer from an earlier post. It would be great if we could all have our first annual SGT party/event at an event like this one. Other special people will be there too, not just those listed.

Well, again, I'll post more info after I get my car but in the meantime, do some research on Tasca Ford and their history with Ford, Performance Racing, Shelby and more. It is pretty cool. I welcome anyone to come to this event, it will be a blast. Maybe they'll let me race against the 08 KR that will be displayed. My car will be 500 lbs lighter and hopefully at least 10+ more HP.

Extremely cool...

Wish I could come see it, I get NO time off in August. :angry:

Jer

July 21 Larz Anderson Auto Museum (Boston area):

http://mot.org/Events/lawn.html

American Muscle Day - Open to all American V8 powered intermediate and full-sized performance cars from the `60's through the `90's.

10am to 2pm: Sponsored by the Bay State Antique Auto Club, the Shelby American Automobile Club and the Shelby Dodge Club, American Muscle Day invites all Muscle Cars of all years to participate. This year the Museum pays tribute to Carroll Shelby. A special concours area of Shelby Cars and Shelby inspired cars will be featured. Classes will be by make (all years), with 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies. There will also be "Participant's Choice," "Best Modified," "Club Participation," and the infamous "Most Likely to be Pulled Over" award as well as a Museum Staff Award for "Best Un-restored American Muscle Car." Hey kids show us your muscle, bring your favorite muscle car model and feature it in a Peewee muscle concours. Registration is $10 per American Muscle show car.

Lime Rock, CT 8/31 thru 9/3 - The Rolex Vintage Festival - see Lime Rock for more info. I hear there will be a number of Shelby cars there.

Lime Rock, CT 8/31 thru 9/3 - The Rolex Vintage Festival - see Lime Rock for more info. I hear there will be a number of Shelby cars there.

ilmor, I will hopefully be going to that.

Also, I am going to this tomorrow:

http://www.mccne.com/baystate_info_2007.htm

Archived