TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR500 Wheels?

Hey all I know the production car is still a little ways off but any idea when those gorgous wheels from the GT500KR will be available for purchase for us lowly GT owners? I was OK with my stock 18" bullits but I completely fell in love with the KR's!

A side question, will the KR be around the Shelby plant in Vegas at all over the next month by any chance? I'm back in Vegas July 1 and I'd love to make a return visit to the HQ.

Hey all I know the production car is still a little ways off but any idea when those gorgous wheels from the GT500KR will be available for purchase for us lowly GT owners? I was OK with my stock 18" bullits but I completely fell in love with the KR's!

A side question, will the KR be around the Shelby plant in Vegas at all over the next month by any chance? I'm back in Vegas July 1 and I'd love to make a return visit to the HQ.

Hi Cowtown, the wheels will be available for all cars, mid summer I believe, the will say Shelby Forged. Ask John or Bud for dates.

The KR will be in Vegas in July, maybe the silver or maybe a different color :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Those are the SUPER SNAKE wheels. The GT500 KR are the same but not in 20's in 18's

The KR wheels and the Super snake wheels will be available with no names on the except shelby soon. They are in production

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I know theres pics out there of both wheels- but I think looking at the wheels side-by-side might help a few folks in their ordering decisions...I doubt many folks will be able to see both types side by side at many dealers the way allocation is going to go...if it were me, I'd lean towards the 20's even though I never cared much for the 'big wheel' look- they are really sharp IMHO...

post-1452-1202179592_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1202179619_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1202179636_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1202179673_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1202179592_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1202179619_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1202179636_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1202179673_thumb.jpg

I know theres pics out there of both wheels- but I think looking at the wheels side-by-side might help a few folks in their ordering decisions...I doubt many folks will be able to see both types side by side at many dealers the way allocation is going to go...if it were me, I'd lean towards the 20's even though I never cared much for the 'big wheel' look- they are really sharp IMHO...

thanks for the pictures. i like them both.

anyone know what the offset is for 18x9, 18x10, 20x9, 20x10?

Nice job, this will really help those trying to decide.

Wow, that really shows the difference. I wonder why they made the spokes so much thicker on the 18's? Seems to me they would have looked better if they kept them closer to the 20's.

+1. It's nice to be able to see both side by side. I also prefer the 20's look.

Those are the SUPER SNAKE wheels. The GT500 KR are the same but not in 20's in 18's

Do you know the tire sizes? They say the car is only lowered 20 and 15mms and the wheels and rubber sure fill the fenders well for such a mild drop. I would have guessed they were 20"s.

Are those Goodyears (in those sizes) going to be available to everyone?

Do you know the tire sizes? They say the car is only lowered 20 and 15mms and the wheels and rubber sure fill the fenders well for such a mild drop. I would have guessed they were 20"s.

Are those Goodyears (in those sizes) going to be available to everyone?

Are we talking about the same wheels?

post-13123-1202799047_thumb.jpg

post-13123-1202799047_thumb.jpg

Talked to SPP on Monday and they said that they had received the first batch of the Alcoa Wheels in 20s, can anyone confirm this, and also how many sets did they get in?

Isn't the first batch, I got mine back in August--that was the first batch. Talk to Keith he has been very helpful to me.

Stuart

What center cap comes with these 2 different wheels and does it say "forged" and "Shelby" on both the 18s and 20s?

I also would be more interested in the black version as well. :) I think I am going for building my own KITT version of the KR

Chuck,

They have the Shelby snake logo--same logo that's on the billet engine caps. And, it says Shelby Forged on the wheels.

Stuart

I dont know whats 'final' but the parts I recall seeing in 20" were engraved one of (3) ways: shelby/alcoa logos only(probably for retail market), shelby/alcoa/forged/gt500kr, and shelby/forged/super/snake- so I'd say the 20's are available for anything... in the 18's Ive only seen the kr logos so far, but havent really paid much attention- would kinda expect them to be offered in both aftermarket and KR(doubt theyd clear the brakes on a ss).

the pics Ive seen of the 18's they looked to have a fair bit of room, but those 20's really stuff the wheelwells- I doubt ANY larger tire would fit the mustang without issues

I dont know whats 'final' but the parts I recall seeing in 20" were engraved one of (3) ways: shelby/alcoa logos only(probably for retail market), shelby/alcoa/forged/gt500kr, and shelby/forged/super/snake- so I'd say the 20's are available for anything... in the 18's Ive only seen the kr logos so far, but havent really paid much attention- would kinda expect them to be offered in both aftermarket and KR(doubt theyd clear the brakes on a ss).

the pics Ive seen of the 18's they looked to have a fair bit of room, but those 20's really stuff the wheelwells- I doubt ANY larger tire would fit the mustang without issues

What is the Tire size?

• 2 weeks later...

On the Shelby Performance site it says Shelby/Forged on the ones you can buy and have an Alcoa cap.

I definitely would not spend $2k on wheels with ALCOA printed on the lip... :waiting:

Archived