TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT

ShelbyPilot

I am posting information and pictures for those who are possibly going to buy the 2008 or are just interested. Please save your comments for another thread. We have already lost this thread once. Maybe somebody could pin and then close it.

shelbygt_081.jpg

shelbygt_082.jpg

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: 2008 MY Mustang Shelby GT Program Details

Program Details:

The following information outlines 2008 MY Shelby GT program, which begins production as "limited edition" in August. Included are details on: product, allocation, production timing, ordering and billing process, delivery, and warranty policy.

2008 Model Year Shelby GT Mustang Q&A

Question: What is a Shelby GT Mustang?

Answer- Product Description

2008 Model Year Shelby GT is collaboration between Ford Mustang Program Team, Ford Racing, and Shelby Automobiles Inc. (SAI). Vehicle will be produced at Mustang factory (Auto Alliance Inc - AAI) as Mustang GT and modified into a Mustang Shelby GT at Shelby Automobiles in Las Vegas, using Ford Racing and Shelby components. This vehicle will be:

Special edition produced in limited volume – Approximately 2,100 units

Convertible now available, in addition to Coupe

One Exterior Color Available: Vista Blue Clearcoat Metallic with Silver Le Mans and side stripes

Upfitter Package: Dealership will be billed through dealer payment statement for Mustang GT and 54U option code (Shelby GT Upfitters Package). This process is the same as any other Mustang that comes from Ford. The 54U option will show on Ford Window sticker and be priced at:

Coupe-$2,040 MSRP

Convertible-$2,140 MSRP

Shelby Conversion:

$9,500* MSRP on Shelby window sticker

$11,800* MSRP on Shelby window sticker

* Dealer charge include $1,000 Gas Guzzler Tax

Question: How will Shelby GT Mustang be allocated?

Answer - Allocation and Distribution –

Production allocated based on Share of Nation – 2006 model year Mustang retail sales

Question: When will the Shelby GT begin production?

Answer - Production Timing

AAI production scheduled begins August, 2007, concluding November, 2007

SAI production scheduled to begin September, 2007

Question: Are there any commodity constraints?

Answer – Automatic Transmissions

Manual transmission available at free demand!

Automatic transmission are Not a "Must Use" but can not exceed a maximum of 25%

Question: Does this vehicle carry the normal warranty for a Ford Vehicle?

Answer – Ford Warranty

Vehicle is sold to customer with amended new vehicle limited warranty

Customer acknowledges vehicle has been modified with their signature on form

Base Mustang has original factory warranty

Answer – Shelby Warranty

Shelby modified components include a 3/36 warranty.

Description of modifications included in Shelby GT owners guide supplement.

This supplement along with Amendment to New Vehicle Limited Warranty Form located in vehicle glove compartment

Please contact Ford Racing Warranty call center (800-367-3788) with questions regarding these documents

Answer – Ford Racing Performance Parts

Ford Racing Performance Parts include a 3/36 warranty.

Description of parts included in Shelby GT owners guide supplement.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hummm....not too keen on the color now that I see it. But then again it also looks to be a BAD photoshop effort. I'm not even sure this is really the car. Maybe it is but it's dirty car, not your usual PR photo, and it could just be a white SGT with the color replaced in Photoshop. Anyway...I'm happy with white. Thoughts all?

Opps...sorry! Missed the post elsewhere comment! Now I've ruined things... :(

hummm....not too keen on the color now that I see it. But then again it also looks to be a BAD photoshop effort. I'm not even sure this is really the car. Maybe it is but it's dirty car, not your usual PR photo, and it could just be a white SGT with the color replaced in Photoshop. Anyway...I'm happy with white. Thoughts all?

I think you may be right about coloring, doesn't look like an actual vista blue car. Certainly doesn't match the GT500 vista blue.

I saw this over at Themustangsource.com as well. It was a preliminary photo to just get it out to the dealers on a bulletin. I dont think it looks that bad. I prefer my white one but still it is a great choice for those who arent into white or black. The big news was the vert I think. Im prefer a coupe but alot of people were whining that there wasnt a vert. Well now there is so they better get out and buy one and support Ford and Shelby :)

Exactly - white stripes would make all the difference, but I don't think that illustration is accurate on the blue shading. It isn't that dark. The silver stripes on the actual vista blue shade aren't all that bad, but white would certainly make it stand out. If only the powers to be are listening and reading.

I may add: The color of Vista Blue, in my opinion, will not sell as well as the white or black. It just seems the car needs something else when I see the blue on it. Yes, time will tell.

....I think it will sell, at least 2200 of them. I know at least three people on this forum that would have choosen the blue over white and black if it had been available.

....I think it will sell, at least 2200 of them. I know at least three people on this forum that would have choosen the blue over white and black if it had been available.

And I am one of them. :D

I probably would have bought it in Vista blue and silver stripes. I don't like white stripes. I also told myself that I would never buy a black car because of the care it requires, but when I saw it in the showroom, I was struck by how awesome it looks. So in retrospect, black w/ silver stripes is the best color combination for a Mustang. In fact, if I had the money to buy a GT500, it would be also black with silver stripes.

While we're ruining things...definitely not a real car. The Vista Blue on the GT 500 looks much better, and I'm sure the actual 2008 SGT will look better than these "photos". As far as color choice, I want one of each (black, blue, white, probably in that order)...

I didn't like the idea of a 2008 SGT but if they are going to do it each year I think it would be kool if they did SGT in different colors. Like if customers want a black one, they get a 2007.. a blue one, they get a 2008.. a red one, they get a 2009.. that should still maintain exclusivity.

Lawrence

i just ordered 6 08 SGTs, now i dont know if Ford will build that many for me but it doesnt hurt to put them in the bank and then beg the lady to build them. you CANT get NAV in the 08 SGT, but you can get HID headlights. that seems to be the only diff i have seen so far.

there is not a price on them yet, just wanted yall to know the order bank is open for them now.

michael

Well, it looks like I'm in the market for a 2008 Shelby GT coupe. Just cancelled my 08 Mustang GT order today.

I was fine until I saw pix of that Blue Shelby GT convertible. I was asking AmyB for that color combo a year ago, and she delivered.

Seeing that picture was giving me buyers remorse on a car I hadn't even gotten yet. I didn't want to hear myself say, "man I should gotten the shelby GT. What was I thinking?"

Well, it looks like I'm in the market for a 2008 Shelby GT coupe. Just cancelled my 08 Mustang GT order today.

I was fine until I saw pix of that Blue Shelby GT convertible. I was asking AmyB for that color combo a year ago, and she delivered.

Seeing that picture was giving me buyers remorse on a car I hadn't even gotten yet. I didn't want to here myself say, "man I should gotten the shelby GT. What was I thinking?"

Mark,

I knew you couldn't stand by and not do this, now lets go ahead and change your avaitor and do the right thing (LOL) :D :D

Do you know what the options you can get on the car are yet, I was going to ask Michael Morris as I saw a post where he said he placed six in his order bank.

I think I'm going for a Vert myself talking with local dealer. I didn't like the color until I saw the vert pictures.

GG

LOL Mark I have been wondering for weeks when you were going to give in and do the right thing. Yes it is more $$, and yes you can save some $$ and mod it yourself, but at the end of the day you wont be as happy as thing thing will make you. I pm's Michael so hopefully he will get to you shortly. I really hope this works out. You have been wanting this car for sooo long. It will be a great day when it comes in :)

Mark,

I knew you couldn't stand by and not do this

LOL Mark I have been wondering for weeks when you were going to give in and do the right thing. Yes it is more $$, and yes you can save some $$ and mod it yourself, but at the end of the day you wont be as happy as thing thing will make you. I pm's Michael so hopefully he will get to you shortly. I really hope this works out. You have been wanting this car for sooo long. It will be a great day when it comes in :)

I guess you guys know me better than I know myself :)

I changed my mind 3 times between last night and this afternoon. I feel good about it.

Archived