TEAM SHELBY FORUM

John Walker's Mission Statement

SAI-John

What I am about to say is not owed anyone.

I came to Shelby Automobiles in December 06.

My title is Director of Sales.

I cannot say that I have been a fan of Mustangs since birth. My dad bought a Bronco new in 80. He still has it. He also has an 85 F-150. Also driven since new.

My first car was a 57 Chevy 4 door. It's original color was Sea Foam Green with an India Ivory White top. It was re-painted all Turquoise, poorly. I have owned a 76 GMC Sierra Grande p/u, (5 tone paint), a 72 VW Beetle(not a Super Beetle), and one of my favorites was a 79 International Scout II.

I sold my 72 Camaro RS to move to Vegas to come to work at Shelby. I now own an 07 Mustang V6 vert. I will build it as a CS6 (in due time). My daily driver is a recently purchased 89 Bronco. Love ya dad.

When I talk about Mustangs, my hair stands on end. I love my cars.

As I deal with each customer, I put myself in their position. What would I want? First, the truth.

Every car that passes through my hands is special. These cars are dreams. Some are built as memorials to dad. Some are museum pieces. And too many are made as "investments".

I have one chance to do things right. One. My apologies if things are taking too long. My apologies if I did not call you back today. Every one of you is owed the special attention that you know you deserve.

This is 1967 all over again. This time, we are not letting go. We are on a HUGE learning curve. Thank you for the patience. Our sales team is FANTASTIC. Understaffed? maybe. But every one of my guys is TOP NOTCH. I wish that I had 3 clones of every one of them.

Bud, Steve, Doug....................thanks guys.-

Now, if you want your car ASAP, pull it from my ModShop. If you want a true Shelby, let me build it. I have one SGT that has been built since January. It is now sitting on my Museum floor, waiting for parts. Their concession is MINIMAL compared to their wait. You know who you are, thanks. This car will be worth the wait. This car is the VERY FIRST car that the owner contacted me and ask for mods above and beyond the "standard" SGT. Every SGT owner that comes to visit our facility knows this car. Thay may not know the owners name, but I told them at one point. Now that car will be deliverd soon. This Shelby GT will be replaced with Brian Duckworth's car. He has been called back to service in Iraq. Brian will not see his car for 12 to 14 months, maybe more. I will be working with his wife to make sure his car is well taken care of.

I want to give EVERY one of you guys this kind of treatment. Every one.

Those of you guys who doubt. Doubt. I have made promises, I will deliver.

But heed my words here. I will not listen to profanities. You will NOT call any of my team cheats, thieves or liars. I'm not asking for you guys to be nice to me. But I am demanding that you guys respect my team. This forum was created for you guys. We appreciate constructive criticism. But you will not cross the line again.

Shelby forever.-John

Well stated!

As for Brians car. Thank you for taking care of it for him. I know it will mean alot. I took care of my brothers vehicles while he served in Iraq for a year. When you communicate with Brian or his family tell them I said thank you for his service to our country. They are making a great sacrifice and it is deeply appreciated.

Well stated!

As for Brians car. Thank you for taking care of it for him. I know it will mean alot. I took care of my brothers vehicles while he served in Iraq for a year. When you communicate with Brian or his family tell them I said thank you for his service to our country. They are making a great sacrifice and it is deeply appreciated.

Wow.....great post !

Thanks !

I believe there will be a lot more self-policing in the future so the rants will not get out of control again.

One question though - and no it does not pertain to me directly - why does it seem to take so long to get a car through the mod shop?

But every one of my guys is TOP NOTCH. I wish that I had 3 clones of every one of them.

Oh great. Now you're going to start building cloes too? :rolleyes: :D

Thank you John for your statement. I do think it is right on the mark. You have hit on many topics and have carried yourself well. It tells people, who have not directly dealt with you, what type of person you are and how you uphold the integrity of you, your team and the Shelby organization. I don't think everyone may appreciate what happens on a daily basis within your organization or the enormity of the initial task. This may contribute. But being respectful to one another, on this board, should always be a priority.

You hit on points close to me. Owing a Shelby has been a dream since I was 12. I'm now in my early 50's. It means something special to be able to do this at this time in my life. And I appreciate all of the hard work you and your team do each and every day. Sometime we just choose a profession that becomes a thankless career, at times.

Doing the best you can do each and every day, without compromising your values, and knowing you have given 110% helps one feel a sense of accomplishment But the joy of someone who has finally been able to taste the dream they have always envisioned is truly priceless.

Continue on in your mission statement. I for one will be waiting for my dream to come true.

Roger

Once again, this shows why it is so great for us to have the Shelby cars that are actually touched by SAI in Las Vegas! I'm glad to see that John spoke out; maybe it will end the whiner posts.

John

Great post. As you know I have been one of your "critics". I have to say if the vin tracker was working the way it should it would have helped a lot through this process. You know I cannot wait to get my shelby and I am sure the wait and the years of enjoyment to come are well worth it. Thanx for our your personal help. It is appreciated as I know you are under great pressure. Steve

Thank you John. I know that even though the wait will be long, the car, and more importantly, the experience, will be worth it. In fact, the experience is worth it now. Checking posts 5 times a day, going through my list of mods and changing it daily as I wait for the call that "Your car is done and now in line at the mod shop", listening and learning from all the great people on this forum, I'm having a blast!!

Thanks for giving us that experience, thanks for providing this forum, and thanks for the personal dedication of you, Amy, Bud, and the rest of the great people at SAI.

Wes

John,

You have taken time to talk to us and my wife and I appreciate your time more than words can express. We have made many lifelong friends through the work that your team has put into our cars and cannot thank everybody enough for providing us with our dream car...

We look forward to talking with you again and meeting you in the fall when we come out for SEMA.

Thanks for the great job on our #52!!!

Gary & Gail (G1&G2)

It seems the adage is true. The best things that have happened came with a lot of road blocks, frustration, etc., and perseverence.

The SGT may not be for everyone, but for those that want one, I think they will be pleased beyond expectation.

Well stated!

No problem, I enjoy my service. Now to stand up for John and his team...

My Shelby GT was ordered 1 Dec 2006, I was one of if not the first to order the NAV system. Due to allocation or something my car was not built until March. I just received word that I am deploying for 12-14 months with a VERY good possibility of a year extension. (That's 2 years away from my wife and car for those that might be reading this stuff in a rage)

My original plan was for my wife and I to come out to LV and celebrate our 10th anniversary, our first vacation with just the two of us since our honeymoon, and drive the car back. I ordered a LOT of the mod parts and there was no way it was going to be done in time. John tried but there was no way it could be done. So what did John do?

John told me to keep my plans, come on out and they would let me have my Shelby GT, minus mods, for the time I was in Vegas. WHAT A BLAST IT WAS!! We had a wonderful time and it was like gnawing my own arm off leaving it there. I am going back to driving my '96 Honda Accord that I have had for 10 years now. Believe me...it doesn't handly like the Shelby. :blink:

That alone would have won me over but John went further. I still got the museum tour, and a few extra things, in addition he gave me a list of restaurants for my wife and I to go to with directions. He also gave me his card with his personal cell number if I needed anything during my stay over the weekend. (No I will not give it to any of you. :P )

I could not be any happier with the service, kindness, and gratitude that all of the folks at Shelby showed me and my wife. Everyone thanked me for my service and now they are going to take care of my car for me while I am gone.

Amy has a EXCEPTIONAL team at SAI and I am proud to have had the honor of meeting and getting to know these people.

Brian Duckworth

MILSTANG

P.S. Socal...I signed right below your signature. Will post pics later. B)

To those doubters let me tell you about John, Bud and Steve. They are 100% dedicated to us and SAI. Pretty much everybody on here has seen pictures of my car and what a wonderful job SAI did. I waited about 21 years to buy my dream car. I have loved only the GT350 since I was 12 years old. I cant afford one but the Shelby GT is now my love. I waited another long 6 months for delivery. I too bugged John and at times was frustrated like others. Finally the day came.

Adam once posted how he personally watch John stay late and spend time making sure a car was perfect for delivery. That was car #187, my car. When the moment arrived, when I saw the car for the first time, I was floored. Well, after spending about an hour staring at every woderful aspect of my car, the car was packed and I was ready to get on the road. My very understanding wife, knowing more about these cars then most dealers, found two blemishes on separate panels. I pointed them out to Steve. He immediately without hesitation said, we'll take the car back to the body shop and have it taken care of. Word spread, John and Bud both came out and said it they would take care of it and the moment I turned my back the car was gone, back to the body shop.

The Body shop decide to replace one of the body panels, which meant restriping. John took my wife and I to lunch. He didn't have to my wife and I were fine. I was a little bit anxious but my wife was doing a good job at keeping me on an even keel. We had a good lunch with good conversation. Some about SAI and cars others about life outside of the Shelby universe. We also got to meet John's lovely bride, another wonderful person. During lunch my wife mentioned how much she like the house seasoning salt that was on the table. John's wife handed mine a sealed jar of the stuff as we left the restaurant.

The whole time we waited for the car we were accompanied by John. We kept telling him we were OK and he could take care of other stuff. He wouldn't hear of it. Bud came by several times to check on us. When the car was ready, a fresh detail on it and every panel perfect we really got ready to leave. I had been frustrated at time during this whole process and I have made my share of criticisms. However, the one thing I do not doubt is the passion, care, and integrity that the SAI team has for us, their company and their cars. I was happy enough with Mr. Walker that I offered him and whis wife something that I haven't offered any of my friends and rarely my family.

Thank You SAI

PS.

Just read Milstangs post that must of went up while I worte my essay. You think some us have it bad. He is the only owner, that I know, who has been posting longer than I have......and now he might have to wait two more years.......ugh. Brian, be safe and keep your head down.

John,

I think you could see from the self-policing to date that when claims were made people, even though they may bemoan the process, stood up for you and your team. Even those who posted in their anger and frustration, came back into the fold and apologized.

Passion is a funny thing...it can be a positive influence and an all consuming one...it's a double edged sword to be sure!

I appreciate all you've done and tried to do and I hope you appreciate, what I hope has been constructive criticism, especially the $#! sign above the door! :unsure:

Anyway, I did want to, as a veteran of the first gulf war, thank you for all you have done and will be doing for Brian. It's these things, that separate you and SAI from other faceless organizations. You all have MUCH to be proud of and I am VERY proud to own the product of your efforts.

With great respect...

M

P.S. My free process and systems improvement assistance is still on the table! ;) There are still 14 other things on my list of action items! B)

John,

That was well said! My hat goes of to you. For beeing squished like a wine grape, your doing a great job.

Also, thanks for helping Brain out! I wish more Americans would step up to the plate for our servismen.

Brain, Thanks for answering the call for our country, God Bless you!

Fg

Your mission statement is awesome. My husband and I are also waiting on our dream car and have of course, gotten impatient. My dad fell and broke his neck last week. Suddenly, waiting for a car didn't seem so important. I am a daddy's girl 100%. As I was driving him home from the hospital last night, he said he was going to make it through this and he wouldn't miss seeing us pull up in our SGT for the world. He is so excited to see that car and it is giving him incentive. If waiting means more time for him getting better to see that car, than we have all the time in the world. Thanks for helping to make our dream come true. We are blessed.

I cannot say that I have been a fan of Mustangs since birth. My dad bought a Bronco new in 80. He still has it. He also has an 85 F-150. Also driven since new.

My first car was a 57 Chevy 4 door. It's original color was Sea Foam Green with an India Ivory White top. It was re-painted all Turquoise, poorly. I have owned a 76 GMC Sierra Grande p/u, (5 tone paint), a 72 VW Beetle(not a Super Beetle), and one of my favorites was a 79 International Scout II.

I sold my 72 Camaro RS to move to Vegas to come to work at Shelby. I now own an 07 Mustang V6 vert. I will build it as a CS6 (in due time). My daily driver is a recently purchased 89 Bronco. Love ya dad.

As I deal with each customer, I put myself in their position. What would I want? First, the truth.

Every car that passes through my hands is special. These cars are dreams. Some are built as memorials to dad. Some are museum pieces. And too many are made as "investments".

I have one chance to do things right. One. My apologies if things are taking too long. My apologies if I did not call you back today. Every one of you is owed the special attention that you know you deserve.

This is 1967 all over again. This time, we are not letting go. We are on a HUGE learning curve. Thank you for the patience. Our sales team is FANTASTIC. Understaffed? maybe. But every one of my guys is TOP NOTCH. I wish that I had 3 clones of every one of them.

Now, if you want your car ASAP, pull it from my ModShop. If you want a true Shelby, let me build it. I have one SGT that has been built since January. It is now sitting on my Museum floor, waiting for parts. Their concession is MINIMAL compared to their wait. You know who you are, thanks. This car will be worth the wait. This car is the VERY FIRST car that the owner contacted me and ask for mods above and beyond the "standard" SGT. Every SGT owner that comes to visit our facility knows this car. Thay may not know the owners name, but I told them at one point. Now that car will be deliverd soon. This Shelby GT will be replaced with Brian Duckworth's car. He has been called back to service in Iraq. Brian will not see his car for 12 to 14 months, maybe more. I will be working with his wife to make sure his car is well taken care of.

But heed my words here. I will not listen to profanities. You will NOT call any of my team cheats, thieves or liars. I'm not asking for you guys to be nice to me. But I am demanding that you guys respect my team. This forum was created for you guys. We appreciate constructive criticism. But you will not cross the line again.

Shelby forever.-John

John very well done and all true. We all know who has called them liars, cheats and we do not respect them at all what ever their reason, I will say it again "what ever their reason". Also, those people who said those words has never said they are sorry for ranting, ever. It may not have been forgotten but it probabaly would have been forgiven, still they never said sorry at all. I said this a moment ago on another thread: We have what every one wants in this world but either can not afford it or simply just misses the boat, a very exclusive car. Ours just happens to be a Shelby GT. So it is time we stop all the BS and start to appreciate what is , we have something that every American man & woman wants, to be separate from every body else, now let us start acting like it. :)

Can you imagine where this country would be if we could apply John’s attitude and passion on a macro scale? Just imagine, humor me if you will……I’m walking into Home Depot to buy some plywood, John meets me in the parking lot, shakes my hand, welcomes me (and means it) finds out what I’m building, recommends the best kind of plywood, introduces me to the plywood manager, gives me his cell phone number and tells me to call him anytime if I have questions or concerns. I would find projects to do just to have the excuse to go back and spend more time at Home Depot.

I don’t know about you guys but my last experience at a big box hardware store I was greeted with “What do YOU want? I’ll help you in a minute, can’t you see I’m busy?” I left.

Keep up the good work John. If you’ve had a chance to listen to those CD’s yet, it talks about Level 5 leadership. I believe that you are heading there.

Lonny

Can you imagine where this country would be if we could apply John's attitude and passion on a macro scale? Just imagine, humor me if you will……I'm walking into Home Depot to buy some plywood, John meets me in the parking lot, shakes my hand, welcomes me (and means it) finds out what I'm building, recommends the best kind of plywood, introduces me to the plywood manager, gives me his cell phone number and tells me to call him anytime if I have questions or concerns. I would find projects to do just to have the excuse to go back and spend more time at Home Depot.

Lonny, I'm sorry pal, but I need to add to your comments.

John would also help put the wood in your car, follow you home, put gas in your car along the way, help you build the project, and then walk back to HD, so he could do it all again the for the next customer.

:D

John would also help put the wood in your car, follow you home, put gas in your car along the way, help you build the project, and then walk back to HD, so he could do it all again the for the next customer.

My bad....you are right.... :)

No problem, I enjoy my service. I just received word that I am deploying for 12-14 months with a VERY good possibility of a year extension. (That's 2 years away from my wife and car). I am going back to driving my '96 Honda Accord that I have had for 10 years now. Everyone thanked me for my service.

P.S. Socal...I signed right below your signature. Will post pics later. B)

Brian, my sig is near yours too. Would love a pic of that. Anyway, now for my real reason for responding to your post...

Mr. Brian Duckworth (MILSTANG), I thank and salute you with the utmost respect, honor and humility. In this day and age of abuse and distraction you guys take from many in the media and political environment, you all still stand strong against the distracters and the enemy (sometimes both the same) to protect our freedom, liberty and pursuit of happiness (and ability to buy a Shelby).

Back when I was a 22 year old single guy loving life and women, I began to really start appreciating people like you for the sacrifices you and your family make (I'm sorry it took so long, but I grew up in Massachusetts and attended a Massachusetts University).

I used to hit the nightclub scene in Boston and Providence quite a bit and I always had gorgeous women around me. But I was still longing for a nice girl to "settle down with." Then shortly after a New Years Eve nightclub party, I was at the breakfast joint that my Mom worked at part time. She was working the counter that night so I sat up on the stool right near an elderly man.

I was complaining to my Mom that despite my many female "friends," I wanted a steady girl and was lonely. That's when she introduced me to the gentleman sitting next to me. After speaking for just a few moments, I instantly started thinking what a complete A$$HOLE I was. Here I was, a handsome 22 year old, with gorgeous women and a lifetime of fun ahead of me listening to a dignified man telling me how he was in WWII, a POW, MIA, castrated, tortured, starved and on the brink of death many times over. This man never enjoyed the love and comforts of any woman; let alone attractive. He was never loved, never had se.x, never got married, never had children, had a lifetime of lonely holidays, including New Years, and I was complaining that I couldn't find a nice steady girl. I still feel guilty to this day and am even feeling pretty horrible now as I write it out.

Days after speaking with this man, I started really noticing service people from their hats, shirts, POW or MIA License Plates and other noticeable things. Before that, it never really meant much to me (d.amn Massachusetts school system). Just a few weeks after that meeting, I was in my car when I saw a guy with a POW plate on his car as he was entering a shopping plaza. I followed him in and stopped my car right behind where he parked his. As we were both getting out of our cars, he thought I was approaching him with negative intentions. Instead, I reached out my hand and shook his while I thanked him for his service and my freedom. Being my first time, I fumbled my words at first, but finally got them out correctly. I could tell that he really appreciated that. And, it made me feel really good, but that was a byproduct.

Another time I walked out of a store and was about 30 feet away when I realized that I felt something inside me forcing me to turn my head around. It turns out that there was an older man sitting in a wheelchair with only half of both legs. Not knowing anything about him, I approached him and just reached out and thanked him. It turns out my hunch was right, his injuries and lifetime of difficulties were from the Korean or Vietnam War (or both but I forgot which).

I've done this ever since and every opportunity I get no matter where I am or what I'm doing. It's the least I can do; especially compared to the sacrifices you take for us. I have many similar stories like these. Sometimes I get a little emotional when I stop and speak with some of them – and they do too. About a year ago, my wife started balling her eyes out when she saw my 11 year old son Alan do the same. They were at a shopping mall and he approached a man with a Veterans hat on. Naturally he has seen me do this enough times that he finally got up the courage and did it too. My wife and I were so proud of him. My other younger children will do the same someday; I'm sure.

I also used to leave notes on people's windshields quite frequently. I finally made up some generic business cards saying the same thing: "I sincerely thank you for your service and my freedom." I used to keep them in my wallet ready for the opportunity to thank someone by putting them on their windshield. I still carry one in my wallet and show it to people whenever I can. If anyone ever knows anyone that ever had one on their car, it was probably from me. I used to travel this country quite a bit so they are all over – but mostly up and down the east coast.

I only wish that I knew enough to also thank my Grandfather Lou D, but he passed on when I was about 11 years old. He too was in WWII, in the battle of Sicily. During the battle, he was stationed on a boat as a gunner. His ship took numerous hits to where it was disabled. My Grandfather took a huge and jaggered 4" x 1" piece of shrapnel in his back that weighs almost as much as a can of beer. Plus he had many other smaller pieces in his body too. My grandfather stayed at his post for 4 days in that condition and shot down about 7 planes. He received a purple heart and a commendation from the then top brass in the Navy. I proudly have all of his memorabilia, including the Purple Heart and that shrapnel.

So once again I thank you and your family for your sacrifices; my family thanks you all, and this country thanks you all. Please pass my thanks to everyone you know. Our prayers are with you all and we wish you a safe return.

I don't know if that elderly man is still alive today, but if he is, I thank him for his sacrifices too, am sorry he has lived the life he has, and appreciate how he has changed my life and my family's life.

I PM'd you my contact info. If there is ever anything you need, I would love the opportunity to help.

Sincerely and humbly,

Adam O'Dwyer

Now if I could just get John to drive my Super Charger out here and install it for me...

Brian, my sig is near yours too. Would love a pic of that. Anyway, now for my real reason for responding to your post...

Mr. Brian Duckworth (MILSTANG), I thank and salute you with the utmost respect, honor and humility. In this day and age of abuse and distraction you guys take from many in the media and political environment, you all still stand strong against the distracters and the enemy (sometimes both the same) to protect our freedom, liberty and pursuit of happiness (and ability to buy a Shelby).

Back when I was a 22 year old single guy loving live and women, I began to really start appreciating people like you for the sacrifices you and your family make (I'm sorry it took so long, but I grew up in Massachusetts and attended a Massachusetts University).

I used to hit the nightclub scene in Boston and Providence quite a bit and I always had gorgeous women around me. But I was still longing for a nice girl to "settle down with." Then shortly after a New Years Eve nightclub party, I was at the breakfast joint that my Mom worked at part time. She was working the counter that night so I sat up on the stool right near an elderly man.

I was complaining to my Mom that despite my many female "friends," I wanted a steady girl and was lonely. That's when she introduced me to the gentleman sitting next to me. After speaking for just a few moments, I instantly started thinking what a complete A$$HOLE I was. Here I was, a handsome 22 year old, with gorgeous women and a lifetime of fun ahead of me listening to a dignified man telling me how he was in WWII, a POW, MIA, castrated, tortured, starved and on the brink of death many times over. This man never enjoyed the love and comforts of any woman; let alone attractive. He was never loved, never had se.x, never got married, never had children, had a lifetime of lonely holidays, including New Years, and I was complaining that I couldn't find a nice steady girl. I still feel guilty to this day and am even feeling pretty horrible now as I write it out.

Days after speaking with this man, I started really noticing service people from their hats, shirts, POW or MIA License Plates and other noticeable things. Before that, it never really meant much to me (d.amn Massachusetts school system). Just a few weeks after that meeting, I was in my car when I saw a guy with a POW plate on his car as he was entering a shopping plaza. I followed him in and stopped my car right behind where he parked his. As we were both getting out of our cars, he thought I was approaching him with negative intentions. Instead, I reached out my hand and shook his while I thanked him for his service and my freedom. Being my first time, I fumbled my words at first, but finally got them out correctly. I could tell that he really appreciated that. And, it made me feel really good, but that was a byproduct.

Another time I walked out of a store and was about 30 feet away when I realized that I felt something inside me forcing me to turn my head around. It turns out that there was an older man sitting in a wheelchair with only half of both legs. Not knowing anything about him, I approached him and just reached out and thanked him. It turns out my hunch was right, his injuries and lifetime of difficulties were from the Korean or Vietnam War (or both but I forgot which).

I've done this ever since and every opportunity I get no matter where I am or what I'm doing. It's the least I can do; especially compared to the sacrifices you take for us. I have many similar stories like these. Sometimes I get a little emotional when I stop and speak with some of them – and they do too. About a year ago, my wife started balling her eyes out when she saw my 11 year old son Alan do the same. They were at a shopping mall and he approached a man with a Veterans hat on. Naturally he has seen me do this enough times that he finally got up the courage and did it too. My wife and I were so proud of him. My other younger children will do the same someday; I'm sure.

I also used to leave notes on people's windshields quite frequently. I finally made up some generic business cards saying the same thing: "I sincerely thank you for your service and my freedom." I used to keep them in my wallet ready for the opportunity to thank someone by putting them on their windshield. I still carry one in my wallet and show it to people whenever I can. If anyone ever knows anyone that ever had one on their car, it was probably from me. I used to travel this country quite a bit so they are all over – but mostly up and down the east coast.

I only wish that I knew enough to also thank my Grandfather Lou D, but he passed on when I was about 11 years old. He too was in WWII, in the battle of Sicily. During the battle, he was stationed on a boat as a gunner. His ship took numerous hits to where it was disabled. My Grandfather took a huge and jaggered 4" x 1" piece of shrapnel in his back that weighs almost as much as a can of beer. Plus he had many other smaller pieces in his body too. My grandfather stayed at his post for 4 days in that condition and shot down about 7 planes. He received a purple heart and a commendation from the then top brass in the Navy. I proudly have all of his memorabilia, including the Purple Heart and that shrapnel.

So once again I thank you and your family for your sacrifices; my family thanks you all, and this country thanks you all. Please pass my thanks to everyone you know. Our prayers are with you all and we wish you a safe return.

I don't know if that elderly man is still alive today, but if he is, I thank him for his sacrifices too, am sorry he has lived the life he has, and appreciate how he has changed my life and my family's life.

I PM'd you my contact info. If there is ever anything you need, I would love the opportunity to help.

Sincerely and humbly,

Adam O'Dwyer

Adam - I too experienced everything you have and also have shaken service people hands when I did not even know them at all. I also could put my name in your place in regards to the explanations about yourself, it seems that we Shelby owners are not followers but leaders as we seek things that very few people have or no one else has. We also leave trails that others can follow. So I too thank all the service people for their jobs well done and my Nephew who is a Night Battle Captain right now in Iraq. I could not have wrote that better myself, not a negative word in the whole thing, just pure praise.

Swede

Shelby forever.-John

John, Oh boy, where to start. I guess I publicly want to apoligize to Amy and John. After reading this post this morning it changed my view on Shelby"s integrity. I am truely remorseful. After reading about Brians situation, reality set in. In todays society, we have that it's mine, I want it now mentality, I'm special and I can't wait attitude. Unfortunatly an attitude that the American society has developed, because of our freedoms and most of us are guilty of this. Today at work, I thought long and hard about Brian, the sacrifices he and his family have given to our country and how truely trivial our whining and bitching is. I have to realize that I am quite fortunate and grateful that I am able to buy a real Shelby because of people like Brian who make it possible for us through his sacrifices for our country.

Shelby Automotives integrety truely stood out by placing Brians in that special place for that special person. That speaks volumes of Shelbys integrity. When people take the tour of SAI, and see Brian's car it shows the extra mile Shelby will go to for their customers. Truely unique in the business world today, and I thank them for that.

I again apoligize to the entire SAI team for doubting what you had told us. My wife tried to tell me they would come through on their word. She never doubted you guys for a minute. The car will be worth the wait and no doubt the coolest vehicle I have ever driven, after all it is a Shelby. You are all a great team working hard for all us, building special cars for those of us who are lucky enough to own one. It is truely an honor to be part of the Shelby family.

Sincerely, Dave

Archived