TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lower Driving Lights 2.0....

I can't remember for the life of me who's car has them. Could you speak up, pretty please?

Also, when you speak up could I get you to take a close up shot of the install and how it's done?

It would be much appreciated! :D

Is it similar to this? THis is OEM for an 03-04 Cobra.

28389576.JPG

I have them but they were factory installed. I can take a close-up picture if that will help

Don

That would be great! I'm wanting to see how they are installed. Also can you check and see if they are 3" lights? I have a sneaking suspicion they are Ford lights but can't be sure.

Stump,

Here are a couple of pictures of my Shelby installed lights, the glass measures approx. 3-3/4" diameter. The lights say PIAA on them.

Hope this helps, Don

These look different than what you have shown, look at the picture from behind the lights are attached up top using a adjustable bracket. Aslo looks like these are in a ball type housing.

Stump,

Here are a couple of pictures of my Shelby installed lights, the glass measures approx. 3-3/4" diameter. The lights say PIAA on them.

Hope this helps, Don

These look different than what you have shown, look at the picture from behind the lights are attached up top using a adjustable bracket. Aslo looks like these are in a ball type housing.

Perfect info! Thanks!!

Stump,

I think they use Pia driving lights. You may want to check their site.

I couldn't find the brand but I may have overlooked it. After I saw the way the Cobra light mounted I assumed it was pretty close to the same.

Wonder if this is the light?

Only one I see on the PIAA site with the approximate dimensions.

http://www.piaa.com/Lamps/Lamp-pages/p-9000.html

After seeing his pic, I'm pretty sure it's the 1200 series clear. It's closest to the measurements he stated and looks nearly the same.

piaa1200clearpairlarge.jpg

It could be the 1200 Ion but it's hard to tell for sure.

piaa1200ionpairlarge.jpg

EofC,

Yeah, I originally was going to get the brake ducts also but since I wasn't getting the SC or big brakes John sort of talked me out of it saying I didn't need them. Maybe if I decide to add a SC in the future I will put the ducts on.

• 2 months later...

JOhn TY very much. We would much rather get them thourhg you guys but we are n impatient bunch of SOB's :) As far as the insert goes, if Socal can post me some real good close up photo's of them I am sure I can make some. We do plastic distribution and machining so I am sure we can duplicate it exactly. Anxiously awaiting John's response! :)

I can't remember for the life of me who's car has them. Could you speak up, pretty please?

Also, when you speak up could I get you to take a close up shot of the install and how it's done?

It would be much appreciated! :D

Is it similar to this? THis is OEM for an 03-04 Cobra.

28389576.JPG

FYI, I confirmed that the 03-04 Cobra lights are 4 1/8" wide, which puts them a little too big to use with the factory bumper knock-outs. You may be able to get away with using them if you make a custom panel on the front (like SAI does), but you'll have screws showing...

I dont mind the screws that they used because I will be ordering black ones to match the plastic so you wont see tham as much as the silver ones. I suspect they are using ABS or Kydex as the backer and not "fiberglass". That term gets used alot in my world. I am awaiting photo's and info to decide what my next step is.

Archived