TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500KR on Ebay

saw it a few days ago, funny thing is ford has not said who or how a dealer is going to get a KR. so there is noway that he knows that he is getting one. i think he said he is a SVT/Blue Oval dealer thats why hes getting one, but HAS already said that SVT does not mean you will get one. they are going to do that good some poor guys deposit and then not be able to get him a car thing that make us good dealers look like jerks.

michael

saw it a few days ago, funny thing is ford has not said who or how a dealer is going to get a KR. so there is noway that he knows that he is getting one. michael

I've been told the same thing from my local Ford dealership Michael.

I love this quote from the auction, "ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE FEEL FREE TO ASK BUT KEEP ALL NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF PLEASE AND I KNOW SOME OF YOU THINK THIS IS WAY OVER PRICED BUT THIS CAR RUNS IN THE SAME FIELD AS THE GT40 AND IS MORE OF A COLLECTOR CAR AND THE GT40'S WERE MARKED UP TO 300K WHEN THEY CAME OUT AND MSRP WAS 150K"

They know it's "way over priced" and they don't want you to remind them of it... Greedy guilt is what motivated the above verbiage IMHO.

"...THIS CAR RUNS IN THE SAME FIELD AS THE GT40... " :rolleyes: I love my GT500 and think the KR is a wonderful, nostalgic offering from SAI/Ford, but the KR and GT500 are no 200mph, mid-engined supercar...Sorry...

Anyway, wouldn't you think that a Ford dealer would know that it was called a Ford GT, not a GT40. The GT40's existed in the 60's. This guy probably doesn't know the difference between a Shelby GT and a GT500 either.

2007 is the 40th year for the GT500, 2008 is the 40th for the GT500 KR :) Mark

I understand that. The car pictured in the eBay posting is that of SAI 40th Anniversaty Package which is for MY 2007 cars only (the 40th anniversary of the first GT500 produced for MY 1967). The sellers states that once the KR (also a 40th anniversary car of the first KR produced in MY1968) is received, it will be sent back to SAI for installation of the SAI 40th Anniversary Package. The eBay car cannot be a 40th anniversary both a 1967 and a 1968.

I guess all I'm really trying to say that the seller is full of it.

When will the madness end so the majority of auto enthusiasts can enjoy Shelby's product instead of the wealthy and investors? I thought dealers would try this with the KR and the Super Snake should go for even more, prices that are totally absurd. The best way is to order one and have it dropped shipped to Shelby or buy one and ship it yourself.

Thanks Roger :D

just knew that when i saw the auction the guy is just trying to get someones money and use it until he finds out that he cant get one by then its to late and the guy with the money down cant get one because they are all gone.

yes, the KR is going to bring big money over MSRP. only going to build 1000. im sorry but your right mostly the wealthy guys will get them and sit on and never drive them, but thats the great country we live in. i would like to buy 200 acres that back up to my place but the doctor who owns it wants 12k an acre for it. there is no way in the world i can pay that, but that doesnt make it wrong. good chance someone will buy it from him for what he wants and the chances are they will be rich, but in this country that happens alot. i dont have a problem with it. thats the way the country works and im VERY proud to be here and wouldnt go anywhere else. im not saying that you dont like it here, but when someone says only the wealthy will get one i have a problem with that.

this is not to you roger, its the previous poster im talking to. supply and demand. if they dont sale the price will drop. very simple. if they are limited and everyone wants one, then the price rockets.

michael morris

The seller closed the first auction early w/o a winner???

It has been relisted on eBay and the current bid is $100,760 :rolleyes: but the reserve has not been met, here's a link to the second auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=260126659356

Maybe this is the same bidder that bid over 3 million for John Schneider's "General Lee" charger on EBay afew weeks back.

This guy is selling a car that he doesn't know if he can get for $130,000 and this is his SECOND listing?

Do you know what the EBAY fees are for a reserve price of $130k??

EDIT: Well, looks like they have changed since I last sold on Ebay with a reserve but if he sells for $130k, Ebay get about $2k off the top. That's a pretty big gamble for something you don't know if you're getting or not.

This guy is selling a car that he doesn't know if he can get for $130,000 and this is his SECOND listing?

Do you know what the EBAY fees are for a reserve price of $130k??

EDIT: Well, looks like they have changed since I last sold on Ebay with a reserve but if he sells for $130k, Ebay get about $2k off the top. That's a pretty big gamble for something you don't know if you're getting or not.

im pretty sure if you sell an auto its a flat 45 charge. i have sold alot of cars on there this year. its a great way to advertise you cars. i have sold a few cars that sold then someone call and tell me that they wanted one and i get them another one.

but i did some homework and all the KRs are going by lottery, so that guy is 95% sure he is going to win the lottery?

michael

Lottery....like the Celtics getting the 5th pick in the draft this year??! I wonder who gets to watch the lottery take place. My opinin is that certain dealers of high volume will get one or they will whine about it. Time will tell.

Lottery....like the Celtics getting the 5th pick in the draft this year??! I wonder who gets to watch the lottery take place. My opinin is that certain dealers of high volume will get one or they will whine about it. Time will tell.

thats funny, won tickets to the superbowl thru ford one year. standing inline waiting for my tickets a bunch of the BIG dealers already got theres and was talking about 50 yard line and how great the seats are. i was so excited i couldnt stand it, we get up there for our tickets and they are almost outside the stadium. man these seats are so far from the field when the B-1 flew over the stadium we were looking down on it.

the point is that you are right. the big dealers do seem to get the good stuff. dont get me wrong im so thanful that ford let me go to the superbowl. for me it was a once in a live time deal, but just wanted to agree with ya in my long winded way

michael morris

LOL Michael. I dont have a problem with Ford doing that IF they were honest and said they were doing it. But they lie and do back door deals and give you that "everyone gets a fair share" line. A guy I know personally at a dealer I USED TO deal with told me when the Ford rep came in and announced the GT500 was coming she told them they were going to be able to make huge ADM's on it and all the sales guys in the room were high fiving and celebrating. But the company line is "we cant control what our dealers sell at". Yea ok. B tw how did the B1 look up close??! ;)

LOL Michael. I dont have a problem with Ford doing that IF they were honest and said they were doing it. But they lie and do back door deals and give you that "everyone gets a fair share" line. A guy I know personally at a dealer I USED TO deal with told me when the Ford rep came in and announced the GT500 was coming she told them they were going to be able to make huge ADM's on it and all the sales guys in the room were high fiving and celebrating. But the company line is "we cant control what our dealers sell at". Yea ok. B tw how did the B1 look up close??! ;)

dont know if you joking or not, but we had the B-1 stationed here at our base a few years ago. i became good friends with a chief the did the ammo on them. right before the GOVT took them away he let me come over and walk around it and touch it. then to my amazement he let me go up inside and sit in the pilot seat. man i had a woody you wouldnt believe. that is a great plane. got to talk to a few pilots and talked about B-1 stories. just had a great time. and when they flew over in tampa i almost got burnt from the exhaust, good thing i was so far above it that i couldnt get hurt :lol:

michael

• 1 month later...

saw it a few days ago, funny thing is ford has not said who or how a dealer is going to get a KR. so there is noway that he knows that he is getting one. i think he said he is a SVT/Blue Oval dealer thats why hes getting one, but HAS already said that SVT does not mean you will get one. they are going to do that good some poor guys deposit and then not be able to get him a car thing that make us good dealers look like jerks.

michael

Although I agree with you that he's probably gambling on getting one, I think it is possible that he's got an allocation already. Didn't Ford have a lottery drawing at the June dealer meetings for a KR allocation? I don't see it on FMCdealer, but I thoght that was the spiff to encourage attendance this year. Granted that probably only acounts for 3 allocations in the whole US. Also look for 50 more on EBAY on August 10th since Ford is doing a allocation drawing for 50 KR's on that day. (dealers that hit their July F-Series objective are put in a hat and 50 are drawn for a KR allocation). I'll also be amazed if Ford doesn't give the top 100 dealers an allocation since I've never seen them not get a product.

Although I agree with you that he's probably gambling on getting one, I think it is possible that he's got an allocation already. Didn't Ford have a lottery drawing at the June dealer meetings for a KR allocation? I don't see it on FMCdealer, but I thoght that was the spiff to encourage attendance this year. Granted that probably only acounts for 3 allocations in the whole US. Also look for 50 more on EBAY on August 10th since Ford is doing a allocation drawing for 50 KR's on that day. (dealers that hit their July F-Series objective are put in a hat and 50 are drawn for a KR allocation). I'll also be amazed if Ford doesn't give the top 100 dealers an allocation since I've never seen them not get a product.

your right he could have already had an allocation, but if he had it be would put it really big on the description. something like I HAVE THE FIRST ALLOCATION IN THE COUNTY AND THIS IS FOR A REAL CAR.

not we are getting one because we are blue oval cert and SVT( that does not guart you a car)

man we are giving away fseries here to try and get into the drawing. anyone need a fseries? i agree the big guys will "lucky" into a car. we have figured it out here at this small store. if you can make big money on it we aint gettin one :lol:

michael morris

Thanks Roger :D

just knew that when i saw the auction the guy is just trying to get someones money and use it until he finds out that he cant get one by then its to late and the guy with the money down cant get one because they are all gone.

yes, the KR is going to bring big money over MSRP. only going to build 1000. im sorry but your right mostly the wealthy guys will get them and sit on and never drive them, but thats the great country we live in. i would like to buy 200 acres that back up to my place but the doctor who owns it wants 12k an acre for it. there is no way in the world i can pay that, but that doesnt make it wrong. good chance someone will buy it from him for what he wants and the chances are they will be rich, but in this country that happens alot. i dont have a problem with it. thats the way the country works and im VERY proud to be here and wouldnt go anywhere else. im not saying that you dont like it here, but when someone says only the wealthy will get one i have a problem with that.

this is not to you roger, its the previous poster im talking to. supply and demand. if they dont sale the price will drop. very simple. if they are limited and everyone wants one, then the price rockets.

michael morris

Hey Michael, I have 200 acres behind my house too.......but unfortunately there are 800 houses on it!

Hey Michael, I have 200 acres behind my house too.......but unfortunately there are 800 houses on it!

im out in the middle of NO WHERE, so they aint no house yet. but give it a little time its growing like crazy and they will start putting houses everywhere there is dirt.

michael morris

• 2 months later...

This is the third time that Pritchard had their KR on ebay. Is was over $65k the last time and still didn't meet the reserve. I think the first KR that was listed on ebay got just over $80K ADM. That's the highest so far on ebay. My local dealer started at $100K ADM, then came down to $70K and now told me told me $50K. I don't need the KR that bad to waste $50K. I"ll be happy with my 07-GT500/SS

Maby they are biding on the price they will pay and didn't read that it is above the list, I had a friend that did that last year when the 500s first came out, He won the bid then was told it was over+ list ,the dealer let him out of the deal......ALWAYS READ THE SMALL PRINT!

Archived