TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SGT Coupe & Conv. Info

Just got back from a 10 day Alaska Cruise.

Seems Ford and Shelby are going to build 2200 2008 SGT's. Coupe & Convertible (about 1400-1500 conv)

One color only......Vista Blue with silver stripes.

08 SGT Coupe SAI (Shelby mark-up) $9500 (up from $8390)

08 Conv SAI mark-up $11,800

randy

--------------------------------------------

Program Detail:

Manual transmission (Free Demand)

Automatic transmission is not a “must use” but will be controlled to a maximum of 25%

2008MY Shelby GT will only come with the polished 18" Bullitt wheel

54U upfitter option price will remain the same but air bags are no longer part of option (now standard on '08MY Mustang

Dealer billing will remain the same as 2007MY. Dealer P&A account will be billed for Shelby Modification upon gate release

MSRP will appear on separate Shelby window sticker

Based on dealer feedback, expect ~ 70% mix of convertibles (give or take 10%)

All units will be produced prior to Job #2 (June 25, 2007 until no later than Nov 30, 2007)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shelby Modifications

Ford Racing Performance Parts Content

FR Power Upgrade Package (319 HP)

cold air intake

mufflers

premium fuel calibration

FR Handling Package

front and rear sway bars

tuned dampers, springs, bushings

cross-tower brace

FR short-throw shifter (manual only)

Upgraded rear axle (3.55 AT)

Appearance Items

Hood Pins and Hood Scoop

Shelby grille insert and Pony badge

Shelby Racing and Body Side stripes

“Shelby GT” sill plate & floor mats w/ Shelby Logo

Shelby dash plaque, under-hood engine plaque

“Powered by Ford” fender badges

Shelby Light Bar (Convertible Only)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well that is unfortunate.......thank you for the information.

EDIT: Unfortunate for us '07 owners but good for SAI. Blue would have been my first choice. oh well, no I am not going to trade.

[/quote

Blue with Sliver striping will be a nice looking car. Also the car will be more expensive ie: $9500 SAI price but more exclusive as well @ 2200 units. Is there any body change at all from the 08 from the 07? Well I thought I read something from SoCal or someone that said NO SGT's for 08? I said this before business is business and I love my Shelby.

Interesting. I would think the lower production numbers are due to the KR and SS modifications and production runs. I do love the Vista Blue though.

On the + side, no Black or White cars.

And I agree, there will be an inflated ADM attached to the 2200 :blink: . Glad I got mine now. :)

I sure would like to see a hood scoop delete on this 08 package with all the problems members have reported on this forum and the other GT-H style hood used with lower fog light package.

Wonder what options you can order on the car other than the 54 U package? Maybe Michael Morris will post some more details, he's always on top of these things also.

Vista Blue would not have been my choice of colors for a limited run. There will be some happy convertable owners if this all pans out.

Just my thoughts........

GG

I sure would like to see a hood scoop delete on this 08 package with all the problems members have reported on this forum and the other GT-H style hood used with lower fog light package.

Wonder what options you can order on the car other than the 54 U package? Maybe Michael Morris will post some more details, he's always on top of these things also.

Vista Blue would not have been my choice of colors for a limited run. There will be some happy convertable owners if this all pans out.

Just my thoughts........

GG

GG & Dream1, I'm pretty sure that Harley is a dealer too, if I recall, so I believe his info is pretty credible.

I'm also pretty sure that the Vista Blue is probably Amy's choice as I think it is her favorite color combination with the silver stripes. I think I either read it or heard her say it a while ago.

Stump, I think Steve is following the rules of not divulging privileged info to the public prior to any announcements. Harley doesn't need to follow those rules.

yeah but think of it this way, the 07 shelby gts are going to be known in the future as the ones taht came with black bullitts and were black w/ silver or white w/ silver :) kinda like you see the cars rollin across the block at barrett jackson, could be one of ours one day!

There are going to be some very happy people on the convertable buy side. I'm not knocking the Vista Blue, my sone got an 05 Vista Blue when I bought mine, I just always figured they would follow the GT-H theme with the same color combo.

I'm just guessing, but I suspect there will be more car combinations in the 08 Model year. You kinda wonder if they may do a GT 350 this coming model year also.

Seems like I remember Harley posing he was a dealer or worked at a Ford Dealership also, now that I think about it. There is already some posted info on TMS tonight.

GG

I got this in an email (I am a dealer):

The 2008 Shelby GT500 distribution program has been announced. The distribution will be very similar to the 2007 program. Approximately 8,000 units are planned to be built. This year SVT & SVT Focus dealers will not get extra allocation. The Regional Sales Offices will allocate and schedule the Shelby GT500s. It is planned to build less than 1,000 units of the Mustang Shelby GT500KR. Allocation plans have not yet been determined except for the drawings at the June Dealer Meetings in Detroit. Production number of 2008 Shelby GT is planned at 2,000 units. There will be a Warriors in Pink Mustang for 2008 and the production is planned at 2,200 units. Another special Mustang for 2008 will be the Mustang Bullitt. Production numbers are for this special series is to be 7,000 units.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Now based on this and Harley's info about the 08 Shelby GT's being available until Job #2, I'm betting that you'll find that the Bullitt becomes available at Job 2. My next bet is that Shelby does the conversion for the Bullitt (since it sounds like it'll have the same suspension as Shelby GT, I don't think Ford can do it in house due to ride height issues.) We'll have to wait and see, but that's my guess.

Well, I wonder if all 6000 '07 SGT's will be built(seems like time was running out). Maybe the '08 coupes are carryovers.

Hmmm seems to me this happened before in '70. The 1970 Shelbys were 1969 Shelbys with stripes painted on the hood. I'm not saying this is gonna to happen, but it comes to mind! :D

I got an email from Harley 6.0, he told me the exact same thing as was posted above, it is a true statement about the 08 SGT. Where there is a business opportunity there will become business i.e.: Shelby with FOMOCO. They also realize to strike while the iron is hot to get the most money out of this opportunity and to release it now was smart on their part.

Now based on this and Harley's info about the 08 Shelby GT's being available until Job #2, I'm betting that you'll find that the Bullitt becomes available at Job 2. My next bet is that Shelby does the conversion for the Bullitt (since it sounds like it'll have the same suspension as Shelby GT, I don't think Ford can do it in house due to ride height issues.) We'll have to wait and see, but that's my guess.

If SAI can't keep up with 6,000 SGTs for 2007 job 2, I'd be surprised to see how they plan to tackle 2,000 SGTs for 2008 job 1, plus about 2,000 GT500 KR/SS conversions, plus the Shelby GT-H convertibles, plus 7,000 Bullitts. I guess that the math sort of works out (6,000 SGTs for 1/2 of 2007, 11,500 total cars for all of 2008), but I would worry about quality, especially as they would have 7 different models to deal with.

Hmmm seems to me this happened before in '70. The 1970 Shelbys were 1969 Shelbys with stripes painted on the hood. I'm not saying this is gonna to happen, but it comes to mind! :D

If I remember correctly, the federal government (FBI, I think) had to oversee the 1969/1970 VIN tag updates, and it was only done b/c dealers had 1969s that they couldn't move after the model year had run its course. I don't see Ford moving all 2007 SGTs as a problem, unless SAI can't get them converted before the 2008s hit. But, Amy has said time and again that 6,000 2007 SGTs were going to be produced, period.

I got an email from Harley 6.0, he told me the exact same thing as was posted above, it is a true statement about the 08 SGT. Where there is a business opportunity there will become business i.e.: Shelby with FOMOCO. They also realize to strike while the iron is hot to get the most money out of this opportunity and to release it now was smart on their part.

That's the thing! They aren't getting the most money! We can't even order a shirt! I had to cancel my mods and museum delivery cause I just couldn't wait any more! My car was done on May 8th! It hasn't even left Las Vegas as of yesterday! Can you imagine if I had mods done?!? I'd be looking at late June early July. There's got to be a better way! None of this is rocket science! It's basic business!

Kudos for the deals with Ford, but to be honest Ford is in trouble, and if you ask me that was low hanging fruit and an easy sell. What's needed now is the business follow-up to make the most of the opportunity. Why no investment to even sell a coffee cup on line! is there no one in marketing? I guess as something as simple as a Shelby Merchandise/Parts Catalog won't be sitting in my glove box heh? Seriously, there are what 50-60 of us MAYBE on here out of 6000 possible customers? Why not reach out and touch each one at least drive some traffic to the web site. There is a defined captive market and NOTHING is done. Ugh...I give up....I just want my car....

If SAI can't keep up with 6,000 SGTs for 2007 job 2, I'd be surprised to see how they plan to tackle 2,000 SGTs for 2008 job 1, plus about 2,000 GT500 KR/SS conversions, plus the Shelby GT-H convertibles, plus 7,000 Bullitts. I guess that the math sort of works out (6,000 SGTs for 1/2 of 2007, 11,500 total cars for all of 2008), but I would worry about quality, especially as they would have 7 different models to deal with.

If I remember correctly, the federal government (FBI, I think) had to oversee the 1969/1970 VIN tag updates, and it was only done b/c dealers had 1969s that they couldn't move after the model year had run its course. I don't see Ford moving all 2007 SGTs as a problem, unless SAI can't get them converted before the 2008s hit. But, Amy has said time and again that 6,000 2007 SGTs were going to be produced, period.

Don't forget that SAI is setting up additional conversion sites in the Midwest and East Coast.

Matt

your dead on. why hasnt Ford kicked out some shirts, hats, nose rings, heck anything with SGT on it. i looked thru the estore and found the posters. but i cant find anything else with SGT on it. i mean nothing.

H-D could just about give away bikes and still make a killing on merchandise. if you ride a harley you have to have a shirt, boots, jeans and sunglasses that say Harley. i wish Ford would do that.

michael

Archived