TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stangfest

sdear

Anyone going to Stangfest at the Daytona track in June?

My club is going...and we decided to get Ralph clay barred up , polished...and hit the road for the weekend.

Wonder if I will be able to sneak on to the track :P

Ralph :lol: (that kills me)

Sounds like a blast. Wish it were closer...

My club is going...and we decided to get Ralph clay barred up , polished...and hit the road for the weekend.

do you claybar all the time? i noticed that you mention it often.. I claybar twice a year.

do you claybar all the time? i noticed that you mention it often.. I claybar twice a year.

No...this will be the first claybar....i have been waiting to get it done when all the work got done...

This week the front facia stripe will be replaced..then I have a guy that 's gonna do it ..or show me how...on Saturday. He will be all nice and shiny for the Stangfest at Daytona :P

A friend of mine called him Ralph...... stump...and it kinda took :rolleyes: Now I can't quit calling him Ralph !

No...this will be the first claybar....i have been waiting to get it done when all the work got done...

This week the front facia stripe will be replaced..then I have a guy that 's gonna do it ..or show me how...on Saturday. He will be all nice and shiny for the Stangfest at Daytona :P

A friend of mine called him Ralph...... stump...and it kinda took :rolleyes: Now I can't quit calling him Ralph !

Well 2 SGT's (black) will definately be making a statement at Stangfest next weekend ! One fellow Floridian that is a member here is joining up with our club and riding into Daytona . Two SGT's..how cool will that be !! :P

Going to be a battle of the shines though..he is doing Zaino this weekend..and I am doing Blackfire...Fire and Ice. Will be fun !

www.superstangfest.com

Come on down....could use a few more of you !!

I hope you can post some pics of the results of Zaino vs Blackfire. I have used the Blackfire with excellent results but have heard Zaino is the one to beat.

I will post some pictures later today. Ralph just got claybared...now the fun begins !

I have a professional detailer here showing me how to do it correctly...but as you can see..i am inside in the A/c taking a little break :rolleyes:

He said zaino is an excellent product...but he prefers Blackfire on the black cars.

I will post pics tonight !

Just got done doing the wheels....and they are unbelievable . I thought they looked good before...but now they are awesome !!

be back later :)

I've been using Zaino. I have difficulty getting an even application. I think sdear's detailer and Blackfire will show me up at the show!

My only chance is that sdear has to drive through 150 more miles of lovebugs than I have to!

I've been using Zaino. I have difficulty getting an even application. I think sdear's detailer and Blackfire will show me up at the show!

My only chance is that sdear has to drive through 150 more miles of lovebugs than I have to!

Haha...I can't wait to meet up with you...will be fun driving the two black beauties in together !

And ahhhhh the love bugs are almost gone.....and...I have a plan *evil grin*. I won't have one bug when you see me ! I also will have a detail shop in my trunk lol. Ralph will have one more coat at the hotel Friday night.

We ought to be able to get some very cool pics this weekend together !

Can't wait !!!

Sue

I'm from Oviedo Fl and I plan on being there Saturday morning. Not sure if I'm going to bring #273. Too many love bugs out there on I-4. I'll be coming in from out of town and I have to pass the speedway before I get home. Anybody know if the SGT's will all be grouped together?

Joe

I'm from Oviedo Fl and I plan on being there Saturday morning. Not sure if I'm going to bring #273. Too many love bugs out there on I-4. I'll be coming in from out of town and I have to pass the speedway before I get home. Anybody know if the SGT's will all be grouped together?

Joe

Joe,

The love bugs are almost gone, at least where I live. I am sure I will hit a few...and will clean them off as I go.

I belong to a mustang club in Sarasota, and RJ is going to join up with us Saturday am and drive in with us. I am not aware of any group of SGT's parking together.....but we will have at least 2 in our group ! If you bring your car..join us ! I will be with MMSRQ ( Modern Mustangs of Sarasota)

Joe

Just look for the large crowds! Also check out Tampa Bay Shelby while you are there. Steve Naeger is one of the sponsors and will have a "booth".

sdear, my enclosed trailer arrived from the paint shop. It's black with silver stripes (no bubbles)! JK

Just look for the large crowds! Also check out Tampa Bay Shelby while you are there. Steve Naeger is one of the sponsors and will have a "booth".

sdear, my enclosed trailer arrived from the paint shop. It's black with silver stripes (no bubbles)! JK

har har har !!! I will drag her out of the trailer and make her ride with me ! :P

And Switch..the name of the product is "Wheel wax " ..it's in a can

And for who asked about the stripes :

We did put Carnuba over the Stripes. (For UV Protectant to keep

fading from occurring).

All work on the striping was done by hand though, no machine on

the stripes...the polish was a non-abrasive as well so it was applied

by hand over the stripes, just to remove any old waxes or protectants.

Joe,

The love bugs are almost gone, at least where I live. I am sure I will hit a few...and will clean them off as I go.

I belong to a mustang club in Sarasota, and RJ is going to join up with us Saturday am and drive in with us. I am not aware of any group of SGT's parking together.....but we will have at least 2 in our group ! If you bring your car..join us ! I will be with MMSRQ ( Modern Mustangs of Sarasota)

Still not sure if I can bring the car. I would have to pass through Daytona, drive home, swap vehicles and come back with the car. I don't think I'll have enough time; besides you guys are spending way to much time making your cars look good. I would be too embarrassed to park near to you. I will look you guys up when I get there Saturday morning.

Drive safe...Joe

PS. Picture of my baby #273

Looking forward to it, See you there.

Joe

Still not sure if I can bring the car. I would have to pass through Daytona, drive home, swap vehicles and come back with the car. I don't think I'll have enough time; besides you guys are spending way to much time making your cars look good. I would be too embarrassed to park near to you. I will look you guys up when I get there Saturday morning.

Drive safe...Joe

PS. Picture of my baby #273

Looking forward to it, See you there.

Joe

Your car looks great !!!!! Will look forward to seeing you Saturday !!!!

Sue

Your car looks great !!!!! Will look forward to seeing you Saturday !!!!

Sue

Well I am heading out to stangfest to give Ralph his debut !!!! :D :P

I will post some pictures for you all through the weekend. See you there RJ and JoeRod...looking forward to meeting you both !!!!

Sue

Archived