TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dirty Delivery !! Shame On You!!

louie428

It's Nice when you see your Black SGT for the first time but it look like it came from Mohobie Desert. I told dealer don't clean it, instead I had it detailed by a guy who strictly does exotic autos. He said this is his 3rd SGT and couldn't believe the condition of body and engine compartment. Needless to say $700.00 later it look like a brand Shelby should be (you could eat off it any where top to bottom). At the same time he tinted my parking lens and rear side lens, what a touch! Will Post Pictures after they install graphite Tinting 20%.

Louie, congrats; can't wait to see pics.

I was at SAI last week. They are cranking out about 240 cars per week (per SAI about 1.5 months ago) with about 1400 cars in the parking lot right now. I think it would be really tough to try to clean these cars again before shipping (they obviously clean them before striping). The parking lot substrate is dirt, not pavement, and I guess it is rented from the LV Speedway so the Speedway probably has no interest in paving it. After the cars are completed, they are put back in the same parking lot (staging area) in queue to be loaded into the trucks.

Even if they had the time or manpower, they don't even have a water supply over there to be able to wash them again. They would need about a 800 foot long hose, run across the street, to be able to do it. And, I don't see any other area that they could stage the cars prior to shipping. Even if they had, the wind would still blow dirt on the cars anyway.

Here are some pics I posted from that trip. You get a little idea of the setup. Then go to MSN's Live Search, type in SAI's address (6755 Speedway Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89115 ) and you'll get a better idea of the area. When you type in SAI's address, the place where the flag lands is right about where the parking lot is. Then click on the "switch to birdseye view" icon to get a much better 3-D view and perspective of the area. Last month when I did this, there were cars there but in the triangular lot right near the Speedway.

All that said, I too wish there was something they could do, but I don't see how it could be possible.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT/SAITripMay182007

Adam,

I was in awe at the amount of cars on the lot. Steve said ALL of them were already sold as well! When I was there, it had to be about 1600 cars!

I have no doubt they will hit the 6000 mark....

BTW, thanks for buying the last "My Other Car Is A Shelby" frame. <_< :P

:)

I have been dreading the decision to approach the dealer about them NOT washing the car to avoid any problems with my brand new (6 month old) black paint job.

They keep telling me they have to prep the car?

But doesnt this car arrive already prepped?

They (SAI) do deliver the cars directly to customers, are those cars prepped differently?

Plese let me know so I can "stop the foolishness" so to speak.......

Tell them they wash it they own it! :angry:

I did the same thing. I told them if they wash it, the contract is void. I personally had to use detail clay on all the horizontal surfaces to get the paint smooth again. My dealer probably doesn't even know what clay is.

I have seen dark vehicles come out of prep with nothing but swirls. Monkeys flinging poo could do better.

Bottom line, don't let them prep. AND DON'T LET THEM ATTACH YOUR FRONT PLATE! My dealer did it after I told them not to and now I have a real situation trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to repair the holes left. At a minimum, I need Bud to send me two small pieces of stripe. (sorry for the rant).

I did the same thing. I told them if they wash it, the contract is void. I personally had to use detail clay on all the horizontal surfaces to get the paint smooth again. My dealer probably doesn't even know what clay is.

I have seen dark vehicles come out of prep with nothing but swirls. Monkeys flinging poo could do better.

Bottom line, don't let them prep. AND DON'T LET THEM ATTACH YOUR FRONT PLATE! My dealer did it after I told them not to and now I have a real situation trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to repair the holes left. At a minimum, I need Bud to send me two small pieces of stripe. (sorry for the rant).

hi let me know how you do this my dealer did the same thing after i asked everyone not to i should have walked away if i knew than what i do now i would have .but i need to fix it thats for sure thanks

It's Nice when you see your Black SGT for the first time but it look like it came from Mohobie Desert. I told dealer don't clean it, instead I had it detailed by a guy who strictly does exotic autos. He said this is his 3rd SGT and couldn't believe the condition of body and engine compartment. Needless to say $700.00 later it look like a brand Shelby should be (you could eat off it any where top to bottom). At the same time he tinted my parking lens and rear side lens, what a touch! Will Post Pictures after they install graphite Tinting 20%.

I'm having a hard time grasping this post. The dealership would not detail the car when it arrived?? Even the POS dealership I used washed the thing before I took delivery. I would take the detail receipt and complain as high as I could go to try and get reimbursed! That is total B.S.!..... :angry:

I have never heard of a dealership not washing a $40K car! Wow, I thought my dealership was bad.....

I'm going to run a theory of mine by an excellent body man about 10 miles up the road next week. He does a lot of custom paint and frame-off resto's. I will certainly post what he recommends, short of full fascia replacement, for you to consider.

I would also like to hear what you find out, since my ex-dealership drilled my front fascia for the license plate bracket.

Commenting on the dealer prep issue. My ex-dealership did not prep my car. He did not go over the checklist with me. Did not discuss the service department with me. Did not clean off the red dots on my tires. Literally handed me the bag of locking lug nuts and my interior and exterior were dirty.

On the bright side of this issue, I'm glad that they didn't wash my car. Because of their total lack of ignorance about the car and lack of respect for it they would have caused more damage than good.

Agree, until you pay for it they own it. Let them clean it, prep it, detail it, etc. If you accept just asking for problems and more costs....is your decision....but once you pay them..all bets are off. Just my thoughts. Steve

I'm having a hard time grasping this post. The dealership would not detail the car when it arrived?? Even the POS dealership I used washed the thing before I took delivery. I would take the detail receipt and complain as high as I could go to try and get reimbursed! That is total B.S.!..... :angry:

I have never heard of a dealership not washing a $40K car! Wow, I thought my dealership was bad.....

Sorry you misunderstood what I said. When my SGT car arrived off the Semi, it was coated with dirt and the engine compartment was just as bad. I didn't want anybody cleaning SGT because it's black. I decided to have my local Detail shop deal with it (detail dynamics). When I pick it up one day later it was Super clean SGT Whoopee! Needless to say he also tinted my front parking lens you have to check it out. I going to have detail-er install 35% ceramic tint. Please help can't add attachment!

Sorry you misunderstood what I said. When my SGT car arrived off the Semi, it was coated with dirt and the engine compartment was just as bad. I didn't want anybody cleaning SGT because it's black. I decided to have my local Detail shop deal with it (detail dynamics). When I pick it up one day later it was Super clean SGT Whoopee! Needless to say he also tinted my front parking lens you have to check it out. I going to have detail-er install 35% ceramic tint. Please help can't add attachment!

Oh, I did misunderstand.

Ceramic tint? That's a new one on me.

Archived