TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My first car show!

Joe

Took my brother and my two kids out to dinner Sunday night, bro's first ride in my Alloy vert, no stripes (Stripes! We don't neeeeed no stiiinking Stripes!), go to a Quaker State Lube and Food and they have a car show going on! Official looking guy with a clipboard lifts up the tape around the car show part of the lot and waves us in. I say we're not here for the show, he says no problem, pull it on in, I say where should I park it, he says anywhere you want! Park next to a couple of Z06's and in front of a 66 Mustang and my kid asks if we can lift our hood like the other cars. Kinda neat that our car, dusty, with a car seat strapped in the back seat, had the biggest crowd around it as we ate our wings. As we left,, the crowd asked if I would rev it up and I had to explain that the SC does not kick on unless under load, but I did promise to exit the place pretty quick, (hehehehehe) so keep an eye on us. Pretty cool.

Guest dougxbr

Took my brother and my two kids out to dinner Sunday night, bro's first ride in my Alloy vert, no stripes (Stripes! We don't neeeeed no stiiinking Stripes!), go to a Quaker State Lube and Food and they have a car show going on! Official looking guy with a clipboard lifts up the tape around the car show part of the lot and waves us in. I say we're not here for the show, he says no problem, pull it on in, I say where should I park it, he says anywhere you want! Park next to a couple of Z06's and in front of a 66 Mustang and my kid asks if we can lift our hood like the other cars. Kinda neat that our car, dusty, with a car seat strapped in the back seat, had the biggest crowd around it as we ate our wings. As we left,, the crowd asked if I would rev it up and I had to explain that the SC does not kick on unless under load, but I did promise to exit the place pretty quick, (hehehehehe) so keep an eye on us. Pretty cool.

Joe - that's what it's all about! This summer should be fun.

No stripes here, either.....

Archived