TEAM SHELBY FORUM

You Know What's Funny About This GT500KR Board?

WP64

There's more interest and excitement about the Super Snake package on it than there is about the crowned "King of the Road".

Bud and Amy, it's time that the Super Snake has it's own board!!!!

Cheers,

WP

I suspect that's because any GT500 owner has a chance to order this upgrade while the majority of us won't be able to get a KR even if we could afford MSRP.

I suspect that's because any GT500 owner has a chance to order this upgrade while the majority of us won't be able to get a KR even if we could afford MSRP.

The majority of us won't even be able to get one even if we could afford to pay a $100k and willing to pay it!

There have been buyers lining up making $100k offers just to get one!

The majority of us won't even be able to get one even if we could afford to pay a $100k and willing to pay it!

There have been buyers lining up making $100k offers just to get one!

Thought about this option as well, but couldn't justify the 100K. We have our GT500 set to receive a Pauls High Performance ported supercharger next week that is sure to deliver 600RWHP. I can't wait for the Super Snake option. :D

BTW.....the Shelby GT 500 is by and far the "BEST" Mustang I have ever owned....Nice Job!

The automotive performance industry is in its greatest era putting out products that are in line with what the consumer wants, but skewed far off base allowing only the wealthy to enjoy these cars, not something the manufacturers had in mind. Unfortunately, there are people who will pay over MSRP for a vehicle, which creates such a fervor spreading like fire across the country...it's absolutely out of control.

If only people would get together and not pay over MSRP the dealers would eventually move these cars at sticker, I think sooner than later. However, I don't blame dealers at all, it's business. The consumer who pays the gouged price is at fault. Again, the actions of a few ruin it for the majority. Where did this all start, did one person walk into a dealership and say I'll pay $20K over sticker right now or perhaps the dealer followed Barret Jackson and the sale of the first GT500 at $600K and increased the price to begin with. Who knows but the consumer in the end suffers.

I'm on the list for a GT500 Super Snake, but am trying to find a dealer in the country that is reasonable to obtain the base car for the mods. I laud Carrol Shelby and his company for once again setting the standard in the performance world that all will aspire to and to have such an incredible vision for performance and the personal power to make it happen. The world needs more people like this.

The automotive performance industry is in its greatest era putting out products that are in line with what the consumer wants, but skewed far off base allowing only the wealthy to enjoy these cars, not something the manufacturers had in mind. Unfortunately, there are people who will pay over MSRP for a vehicle, which creates such a fervor spreading like fire across the country...it's absolutely out of control.

If only people would get together and not pay over MSRP the dealers would eventually move these cars at sticker, I think sooner than later. However, I don't blame dealers at all, it's business. The consumer who pays the gouged price is at fault. Again, the actions of a few ruin it for the majority. Where did this all start, did one person walk into a dealership and say I'll pay $20K over sticker right now or perhaps the dealer followed Barret Jackson and the sale of the first GT500 at $600K and increased the price to begin with. Who knows but the consumer in the end suffers.

I'm on the list for a GT500 Super Snake, but am trying to find a dealer in the country that is reasonable to obtain the base car for the mods. I laud Carrol Shelby and his company for once again setting the standard in the performance world that all will aspire to and to have such an incredible vision for performance and the personal power to make it happen. The world needs more people like this.

What I think you need to realize is this is not a "shelby" thing. This has been happening for years, covettes, BMW's, Mecedes and even the pt cruiser when it came out was 10K over sticker. Its basic supply and demand, happens in cars and all things collectibles. your assessment is correct, if people didnt pay the price, it would come down, the problem is some people would rather pay then chance losing out

Amy

It is supply and demand. It is the very definitiion of capitalism and the free market. You can still get what you want. Just keep talking to as many Ford dealers as you can. Get on their purchase lists. As many as you can. Be polite and be patient. ;)

Be sure to stay on the thread topic. Post in the GT500 section. And register on StangsUnleashed.com. They sell GT500's on that webpage. Sometimes you can get a bargain on a slightly used car. ;)

Archived