TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Europe owns Car & Driver!

SWEDESHELBY1

I was absolutely stunned to read the harsh article in car & driver about the Shelby GT. So I researched the company and here is what I found out and why they LOVE European cars and "hate/dislike" American cars.

1) The company is owned and operated in France.

2) The main advertisers are Audi, VW, Nissan Puegot and most all other European Motor Companies

3) They do not advertise that they are a European company as they would then inhibite their growth because MOST all Americans still believe that Car & Driver is a wholly owned American magazine.

4) The office in NY,NY is their American operations center, obviously not the main corporate office.

So these are just a few tidbits WHY "car & dumber" ripped the Shelby GT a new <bleep> because Ford nor most all other American Automobile Companies will NOt give them huge advertising dollars like they used to WHEN they were an American company. So I say bring this to the forefront and boycot the Euro Trash magazine and teach them a lesson NOt to play with the Shelby crowd! Well at least don't read their garbage magazine!

A penney for my thoughts and my 2 cents. B)

Its nothing new for them-nothing has changed except more pro Euro trash..... In 02 when the 03 Mach 1 came out they riped it even mentioning the IRS weight--except the Mach 1 does't have IRS...and on Car and Driver TV (on Cable) that idiot Brook Yates did a review of the Mach 1 and called the shaker scoop a "bobble' that blocks your vision---right.... go to a local flea market and search out old issues from the 1960's...they ripped the original Mach 1 back then also...Car and Driver editors from way back have always been Chevy supporters...nothing has really changed regarding their "Ford" attitude.....except their jump to Euro trash...Ignore the C & D article and enjoy the Motor Trend story instead!

Its nothing new for them-nothing has changed except more pro Euro trash..... In 02 when the 03 Mach 1 came out they riped it even mentioning the IRS weight--except the Mach 1 does't have IRS...and on Car and Driver TV (on Cable) that idiot Brook Yates did a review of the Mach 1 and called the shaker scoop a "bobble' that blocks your vision---right.... go to a local flea market and search out old issues from the 1960's...they ripped the original Mach 1 back then also...Car and Driver editors from way back have always been Chevy supporters...nothing has really changed regarding their "Ford" attitude.....except their jump to Euro trash...Ignore the C & D article and enjoy the Motor Trend story instead!

Good post, and yes I do enjoy the motor trend article now more than ever. Car & Dumber is pure euro trash. B)

Good post, and yes I do enjoy the motor trend article now more than ever. Car & Dumber is pure euro trash. B)

I have been reading Car & Driver for many years but I am about to cancel my subscription as it is not what it used to be. They do too many comparisons of things like the best econo box under $20K, the best minivan, etc - who cares!

And BTW this french company also publishes Road & Track...

I now subscribe to Motor Trend and like it much better.

I was looking through C&D at the doctors yesterday and noticed a letter to the editor. I guess they trashed th Z06 for about the same reasons as the SGT a few months back and some guy called them out on it. He stated that it was about what he had to come to expect from them.

I thought it was pretty funny considering how C&D had been in the Chevy camp for so long. I guess the Bow Tie Brigade is getting a taste of what we have been putting up with for years.

Archived