TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Next generation Mach1 alive

robertlane

Well the Mach1 is coming back for 2009, because Ford is looking for the James Bond 1971 Mach1 moving car for 40th Anniv. SE model of the Mach1 for 2009 it may come out at the MCA's 45th Anniv. show, in 2009 here's more info. on it. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=73685 and stangnet here, http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=690008

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a new Mach-1 makes a lot of sense.

The 400-425HP 5.4 NA motor (that Ford was considering for the Boss :nonono:) is perfect for a Mach-1 and covers the 400 HP Cammy nicely.

It would make sense to me as an '09MY (mid-'08?). Since that's likely the last year before the refresh, Ford could use some of the alternative trim pieces they're always toying with but haven't used... you know, tail-light and fascia tweaks, alternate hood, alt paint-scheme, etc... could do nice Mach-1 to hold the fort for the year against the new competition.

One thing bothers me tho... given emissions pressures and how the CAFE mix was supposedly balanced for the GT500 and given an assumption that the GT500 continues in '09MY, a new Mach-1 would seem to have to be a 3V modular with VVT like the 4.6GT. I think this may make a lot of sense ...a 5.4 3V Mach. It would also potentially give Ford the right HP spread they need for '09MY: 300HP GT, 400HP Mach, 500HP GT500 ...and maybe a 600HP KR ('09MY) ...if SAI's SS-600 warranty experience looks favorable?). Make for a decent line-up, yes? :spiteful: <lol>

Then follow it up with a killer H/Boss BOSS '10MY (early '09?) on the refresh -- a real 'driver's' car. Switching to the 3.5L V6 then might permit nice BOSS volumes needed to keep the price competitive since the free-ride, competition-wise, is fully over by then and that mix will be considerable more CAFE-friendly than the presnet mix, imo.

Don't ya love it when a plan comes together?!! :superhero::hysterical2:

Dan

I think a new Mach-1 makes a lot of sense.

The 400-425HP 5.4 NA motor (that Ford was considering for the Boss :nonono:) is perfect for a Mach-1 and covers the 400 HP Cammy nicely.

It would make sense to me as an '09MY (mid-'08?). Since that's likely the last year before the refresh, Ford could use some of the alternative trim pieces they're always toying with but haven't used... you know, tail-light and fascia tweaks, alternate hood, alt paint-scheme, etc... could do nice Mach-1 to hold the fort for the year against the new competition.

One thing bothers me tho... given emissions pressures and how the CAFE mix was supposedly balanced for the GT500 and given an assumption that the GT500 continues in '09MY, a new Mach-1 would seem to have to be a 3V modular with VVT like the 4.6GT. I think this may make a lot of sense ...a 5.4 3V Mach. It would also potentially give Ford the right HP spread they need for '09MY: 300HP GT, 400HP Mach, 500HP GT500 ...and maybe a 600HP KR ('09MY) ...if SAI's SS-600 warranty experience looks favorable?). Make for a decent line-up, yes? :spiteful: <lol>

Then follow it up with a killer H/Boss BOSS '10MY (early '09?) on the refresh -- a real 'driver's' car. Switching to the 3.5L V6 then might permit nice BOSS volumes needed to keep the price competitive since the free-ride, competition-wise, is fully over by then and that mix will be considerable more CAFE-friendly than the presnet mix, imo.

Don't ya love it when a plan comes together?!! :superhero::hysterical2:

Dan

Are you packed for Nag's Head yet? :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My money is on 2009, the 40th anniversery of the Mach 1. Any takers??? :runaway:

Lets hope so! I'm all for niche Mustangs, but the Mach 1 should be available every model year and frankly the 08 Bullitt is a big disappointment. Bring back the Mach 1 real soon!

• 2 weeks later...
rumor is the 45Anniv. Mustang model may be the Mach1 now?

40th, yes?

...that would make a lot of sense! '09MY but on different timing than the BOSS. One on an eerly schedule; one on a traditional schedule -- two chances to smack the competition upside the head in case they pull a fast one (does a bear poop in the woods? <lol>) ;)

40th, yes?

...that would make a lot of sense! '09MY but on different timing than the BOSS. One on an eerly schedule; one on a traditional schedule -- two chances to smack the competition upside the head in case they pull a fast one (does a bear poop in the woods? <lol>) ;)

be nice have to see 5.0 cammer V8 like P Jones Saleen has, be next Mach1.

• 7 years later...

Archived