TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Next generation Mach1 alive

robertlane

The article to this post is here:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...p2_articleid=14

In a nutshell, the S197 Mach1 is in the prototype stage - BUT, so is another Mustang variant - which has not been yet announced.

Which of the two models (Mach1 or another variant) that will appear after the GT500 and California Special will be based on economic conditions.

Check on the homepage:

http://www.StangsUnleashed.com

next week for all of the details. . .this will give you the whole weekend to guess what it will be. :o

Finally, we're giving away something cool in relation to next week's news. . .we'll tie it to some kind of trivia question.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

This all reminds me of being a little kid and waiting for Christmas. It seems like we're NEVER going to hear what's really going on. I've reconciled myself to not buying a GT 500 (in my area they are pre-sold at $8-10k over sticker), so now I'm playing the waiting game. Mach 1? Boss? Challenger? I will be buying whichever one I can get for an out-the-door price at or below $35k and with the most horsepower for the dollar. Preferably in bright orange with a shaker scoop. And the sooner the better! I'm ready, so build it!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree with Robert: Give the 4.6SC to the Gt 350. That way both Shelby vehicles will be supercharged, kind of a "family trait" you could say. Then, give us either a Mach 1 or a Boss S.E. with the N/A 5.4 liter pumping out ~375 horses. And make sure it has the shaker scoop on it.

The only problem with this scenario is that my head might explode from having to make the choice!

:woohoo::shift::woohoo:

Give the 4.6SC to the Gt 350. That way both Shelby vehicles will be supercharged, kind of a "family trait" you could say. Then, give us either a Mach 1 or a Boss S.E. with the N/A 5.4 liter pumping out ~375 horses.

This leads me to thoughts I had a while ago. Put the blower on an Aluminium blk

V-6(synergy with other V-6SE's) call ith the GT350 and a N/A 5.4 Al. lightweight BOSS. The big problem is they would have to design a new cyl. head as both multi cam 5.4 heads are blown. And don't even think about the truck head!!! I wonder if the "B" head off the 96-98 COBRA's could be reused with it's IMRC's(trust me the engine SCREAMS :devil: That would give us a light weight/very high RPM 5.4 that would start sharing the cost of the Alumium 5.4 we should have had all along. And stir development of a next gen. Lightweight world class multi-cam V-6 that could be used everywhere.(thinking a blown Fusion AWD would be cool :rockon: )

mach1registry.com has a photo of a prototype mach 1

there is no news of production but it is a nice photo.

i have a gt that i made to look like a mach 1 with shaker hood and striping

you can buy the aftermarket kits.

Archived