TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Missing Window Stickers

robertlane

I am noticing that some GT500 have their window stickers removed prior to being shipped? Of those that have received their GT500s, were your window stickers on them?

Robert,

My car did not come with the window sticker. The reason for this, I was told, was that during the manufacturing process an incorrect digit was entered for the dealership code and the car was slated to go to another dealership; not mine. Thus, they corrected the problem in the system, but removed the sticker to mitigate any confusion. However, when I took ownership of the car they assured me FORD was sending them an updated window sticker. They better commit to this too because it's illegal in the state of Texas to sell a new car without the window sticker available for consumer review.

Kind Regards,

FordGeek

Robert,

Mine was removed too. The glue residue was still there, but no Monroni sticker. As you may know, it is a Federal offense to sell a car without one, so like the other chaps here have stated, Ford better step up and generate a duplacate copy as required by law.

Oh, by the way, I was at the dealership when the car carrier pulled up with my car on it, and I can tell you that the window sticker was already missing so it wasn't the dealership that removed it.

Thank you for using one of my pics in the "recent news" column. It's very cool to see it posted to the left.

Ok just how much money was paid to the person to go out find the stickers in question and remove them. Now guess who pays to have this done. The people that buy the next go around on the cars. Raise labor cost, cost of goods go up. The thought behind the rambling here is get it right the first time!

I am noticing that some GT500 have their window stickers removed prior to being shipped? Of those that have received their GT500s, were your window stickers on them?

Mine was not on the car either...the dealer said he has ordered it for me.

Archived