TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz Rental Mystery

Does anyone know how to find out where a particular GT-H originated as a rental prior to selling to the public? Seems to me that documentation, or at least a note to that effect, ought to go with these cars when sold. Dealers claim not to know when they acquire them at auction, and Hertz won't disclose this either (or at least none of my calls netted anything). Doesn't matter that you own one either. Makes for a pretty thin registry history for these cars. Any ideas?

If you have a VIn number, any Ford dealer can access the warranty repair history including repairs done by Hertz. If you can post the Vin I can run it and maybe find out where it was rented. LMK Mark

when you buy a Gt-H we give you all the info, including the aluminum plates, and other stuff

Amy

I believe you have to register the car on the GT-H registry on the Shelby main site. I also read (awhile back mind you) that the Ford dealers were supposed to forward the info on the new owners to Shelby so those items can be sent to them.

By "Shelby main site" do you mean Shelbyautos.com's Registry? I registered it on this site in February. The dealer didn't forward any info to anyone after I bought it. They didn't even know of the Shelbyautos or SAAC sites. Do you recommend I ask them to forward confirmation of my purchase to Shelbyautos or some other official registry?

have you heard anything Prof? need to get some cars taken car of if its up to me(dealer).

thanks

michael morris

Hi Mike Dan Sepe in NY Car #190 can u find out ? Who Tells Who ?? I didn't regi my car in NY yet , yet when i try to register on the GT-H registry i cant ?? Wondering why ??

Does anyone know how to find out where a particular GT-H originated as a rental prior to selling to the public? Seems to me that documentation, or at least a note to that effect, ought to go with these cars when sold. Dealers claim not to know when they acquire them at auction, and Hertz won't disclose this either (or at least none of my calls netted anything). Doesn't matter that you own one either. Makes for a pretty thin registry history for these cars. Any ideas?

Hi

I recently puchased 2 GT-H's from a Ford Dealer in the Houston area. The car Fax report will give most of the info you are seeking asuch as date of sale and where it was shipped to including the date it was auctioned as well as where.

Good Luck

when you buy a Gt-H we give you all the info, including the aluminum plates, and other stuff

Amy

Hi AMY im the new owner GT-H#190 Didn/t regi my car with DMV yet and i tried to register on the GT-H registry n it wont let me ?? Any thoughts ?? Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AMY im the new owner GT-H#190 Didn/t regi my car with DMV yet and i tried to register on the GT-H registry n it wont let me ?? Any thoughts ?? Dan

dan, not sure why unless someone already registered it

send me all your info and fax it to me with a copy of your title, 702932-6272

I will check it out

• 2 weeks later...

How about CarFax? It would give you the city(ies) the car was registered in. That would give you a start on figuring out which rental agency(ies) the car was based out of.

robin

Update on the CarFax search: I obtained a detailed historical report from CarFax on the car. It listed dates for delivery, length of time as a fleet car (6 months), and that it went to Castleberry, Florida (hertz HQ for Florida?), but no specific destination regarding its rental location. It listed the date it was sold at auction in Georgia, the date it was "serviced" by the purchasing dealer, and the date it was sold to its first (only) owner (me), but no names mentioned anywhere. Interesting. Clean history but no specifics, so the search continues....... <_<

Hi Mike Dan Sepe in NY Car #190 can u find out ? Who Tells Who ?? I didn't regi my car in NY yet , yet when i try to register on the GT-H registry i cant ?? Wondering why ??

Michael,

No joy on the exact location. Tried the CARFAX route, and had the local Ford dealer do a computer search to see if it might list the location any service work or recall work was done, if any. No service or warranty work was listed, nor recalls, nor location where it was employed as a rental. CARFAX was detailed regarding dates but not locations, exept state it was signed for (Castleberry, FL) by Hertz, where it was sold at auction (Georgia), and where it was brought initially by the purchasing dealer (AL). Clean history otherwise...ie nothing reported regarding collision damage, etc. Does this help?

Prof :)

If you have a VIn number, any Ford dealer can access the warranty repair history including repairs done by Hertz. If you can post the Vin I can run it and maybe find out where it was rented. LMK Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the tip. I tried this and it was helpful in listing any and all service work, recalls, warranty work that might have been done to the car, which in this case was zip. Nothing listed regarding Hertz at all.

have you heard anything Prof? need to get some cars taken car of if its up to me(dealer).

thanks

michael morris

Hi Michael,

Did both the CARFAX and dealer service computer searches. No rental location, but CARFAX revealed that it went initially to Castleberry, FL for assignment somewhere in Florida. Any luck finding locations for your cars?

The Hertz GT-H's were only available at Limited Airport locations:

Rent a Legend. The Shelby GT-H. Only from Hertz.

In 1966 the Hertz Corporation and Carroll Shelby produced 1000 Shelby Mustangs. Together, they made these high-performance, special-edition Ford Mustangs available to car rental customers. And the car rental business was never the same.

40 years later, the thrill is back. Introducing the Shelby GT-H—a one-of-a-kind limited edition, available exclusively through Hertz. It’s just one of the many exhilarating cars that you can reserve from the Hertz Fun Collection. And unlike the 1966 Shelby, this one comes equipped with SIRIUS Satellite Radio, like all Fun Collection vehicles.

The Shelby GT-H are available for reservations at select major U.S. airport locations. To book a Shelby GT-H, click here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2006 Ford Shelby GT-H Mustang will be available at select airport locations that feature the Hertz Fun Collection including Phoenix, Arizona; Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and San Francisco, California; Denver, Colorado; Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach, Florida; Maui and Honolulu, Hawaii, and Las Vegas, Nevada. In addition, the car will be available in Boston, Massachusetts.

randy

The Hertz GT-H's were only available at Limited Airport locations:

The 2006 Ford Shelby GT-H Mustang will be available at select airport locations that feature the Hertz Fun Collection including Phoenix, Arizona; Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and San Francisco, California; Denver, Colorado; Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach, Florida; Maui and Honolulu, Hawaii, and Las Vegas, Nevada. In addition, the car will be available in Boston, Massachusetts.

randy

Randy, some other locations, like Port Columbus in Columbus, OH got 5 I believe. Not sure on how they got them but they did.

• 2 months later...

If you can find a good dealer, he can run a Manheim auction report for the nation or region. It will show where the auction was held and how much was paid. The dealer I go to in NC let me look at all the sales of GT-H's for July and August. Mine did not go thru Manheim, so I could not find the sale.

I have VIN Number 1ZVFT82HX65234853. This car looks too good to have been in the rental fleet. The CSM # is 112.

Amy

HI, I JUST PURCHASED CAR #476, BUT WHEN I TRY TO REGISTER, IT KEEPS SAYING INVALID, I LOOKED IT OVER AND TRIED TO SEND IT THROUGH A FEW TIMES, NO LUCK?

Try using the number of the plate in the engine bay... there is probably an extra zero in the number.

Maybe 06H0476 instead of 06H476...

Dan

Dan,

I believe you are correct. I just purchased my GT-H yesterday #434 and registered it today in the Shelby Registry. I made a typ-o of not putting the extra zero and it would not take. I retyped it with the leading Zero and had no problem.

Was a hard decision to get #434. I had to trade my triple black convertible GT , that had less miles, but she wasn’t a Shelby. I hope my 9 year old daughter was right when she told me to get the Shelby!

Well anyway, New to the forum and New owner of Shelby GT-H # 434

Try using the number of the plate in the engine bay... there is probably an extra zero in the number.

Maybe 06H0476 instead of 06H476...

Dan

STILL DOESN'T REGISTER

STILL DOESN'T REGISTER

GOT IT, FINALLY WENT THROUGH

OWNER

2006 SHELBY GT-H

2004 HARLEY FORD F-250

2003 HARLEY 100TH ULTRA CLASSIC

2004 CUSTOM CHOPPER

1989 FXR LOW RIDER

I purchased 2 GT-H cars in march 2007. I went to the Manhein Auction in PA with my Ford Dealer, and looked at 11 cars, and picket out the best 2. # 311 and # 402. I received a package of documents from Ford Credit (which was running the sale) and all of the pertinent information of the car was there, including an original copy of the Certificate of Origin. On the back, you will see the paticular Hertz that purchased (or registered) that vehicle, and in which state they were in. 311 was in Fla, and 402 was in South Carolina. I am still waiting on the metal plaque that Shelby Cars supposed to send me, although it's been 5 months now. If you buy a GT-H, make sure the dealer gives you all the documents that should be with the car. Every dealer that purchased a GT-H got a package at the time of the sale, at the auction. Hope this helps

Gino

I purchased 2 GT-H cars in march 2007. I went to the Manhein Auction in PA with my Ford Dealer, and looked at 11 cars, and picket out the best 2. # 311 and # 402. I received a package of documents from Ford Credit (which was running the sale) and all of the pertinent information of the car was there, including an original copy of the Certificate of Origin. On the back, you will see the paticular Hertz that purchased (or registered) that vehicle, and in which state they were in. 311 was in Fla, and 402 was in South Carolina. I am still waiting on the metal plaque that Shelby Cars supposed to send me, although it's been 5 months now. If you buy a GT-H, make sure the dealer gives you all the documents that should be with the car. Every dealer that purchased a GT-H got a package at the time of the sale, at the auction. Hope this helps

Gino

we have sold over 20 GTHs. not every car came with the info pack from the sale, most of ours was shipped to us at a later date. a few of the cars we had to spend a few hours chasing the package down. but you are correct, the dealer will get the package if they work hard for you.

michael morris

Archived