TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Repair work quality of Matthew Currie Ford,Venice FL

autoplay

To say my wife is a little upset is an understatement. She rarely/never cusses....and when she got home tonight,F this and that were spewwing from her mouth lol.

Where can we go for service,who's "reputable" and cares about quality etc. If I recall,wasn't Ford known for the slogan "Quality is job 1"? Where in FL would people suggest?

Take a look at these pics,and tell me what you see. And,the Ford badge on the grille is a tini tad cocked,but at least that's a simple fix.

Picture126.jpg

Picture128.jpg

Picture129.jpg

Picture130.jpg

To say my wife is a little upset is an understatement. She rarely/never cusses....and when she got home tonight,F this and that were spewwing from her mouth lol.

Where can we go for service,who's "reputable" and cares about quality etc. If I recall,wasn't Ford known for the slogan "Quality is job 1"? Where in FL would people suggest?

Take a look at these pics,and tell me what you see. And,the Ford badge on the grille is a tini tad cocked,but at least that's a simple fix.

Picture126.jpg

Picture128.jpg

Picture129.jpg

Picture130.jpg

The wife here .

I am not happy.

They changed the hood scoop due to the ripples in the scoop. The scoop does not sit flat, and to top it off, they "said" the hood stripe had to be changed as they "say" it was a 1/2 inch off. Now...Shelby has been more than great sending what needed to be sent. Shelby sent the new stripe, and it it so uneven it is unreal. The new grill has a scratch on the black part. So...all in all...it's worse than it was to begin with !!!!

I am just furious.

I just dont know what to do ......I am afraid to bring it back to the same dealer. They "told " me they will make it right.....and get with Shelby in the am to get new stripes again...and get another grill. But I am not even happy with the way the new scoop is sitting.

Furious isn't even a good word.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The wife here .

I am not happy.

They changed the hood scoop due to the ripples in the scoop. The scoop does not sit flat, and to top it off, they "said" the hood stripe had to be changed as they "say" it was a 1/2 inch off. Now...Shelby has been more than great sending what needed to be sent. Shelby sent the new stripe, and it it so uneven it is unreal. The new grill has a scratch on the black part. So...all in all...it's worse than it was to begin with !!!!

I am just furious.

I just dont know what to do ......I am afraid to bring it back to the same dealer. They "told " me they will make it right.....and get with Shelby in the am to get new stripes again...and get another grill. But I am not even happy with the way the new scoop is sitting.

Furious isn't even a good word.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And oh...if you look close at the front bumper...they cut the stripes at the top of the bumper and OVERLAPED THEM OVER THE OLD STRIPESSSSSSSSSS

now that you point out the problems i see them, well except the scratch on the grill, but they will get it fixed for you i hope. most dealers really try hard to make thier customers happy. im to far away to help, sorry

dont get to upset, they will fix it and it will be good as NEW

michael morris

This is very scary...but, I am always scared when I take my cars anywhere to be serviced except my own garage. The quality of service anywhere these days, on average, ranges from terrible to poor it seems. I am taking mine in for an exhaust rattle next week, and I think they'll handle that ok, but when it comes to the scoop I'm thinking that I might just leave it as is or do it myself.

This is very scary...but, I am always scared when I take my cars anywhere to be serviced except my own garage. The quality of service anywhere these days, on average, ranges from terrible to poor it seems. I am taking mine in for an exhaust rattle next week, and I think they'll handle that ok, but when it comes to the scoop I'm thinking that I might just leave it as is or do it myself.

Well the scoop is worse than it was before. Bud told them the hood HAD to come off to change it...they DIDNT take the hood off ! Now I am seeing bubbles in the stripe on the new scoop !!!!

I am not happy...and I repeat...shelby has bent over backwards getting my dealership the parts...its the dealership..or the body shop .

When Shelby gets new stripes, scoop , and grill sent again...i am really afraid to have them do the work.

their stripe guy definately isn't going to touch it.

I will post the pics of the scratch and the scoop install in a bit.

Still cleaning it off from them leaving it pretty dirty. My signature floor mats had shop dust all over them. On the passenger side too ! Makes me wonder.

I am NOT very happy.

I do believe I will be calling the owner tomorrow.

I don't know why the hood would need to come off to change the scoop...it that's the case, no WAY will I let someone else change my scoop. Its just not that bad to risk it.

I don't know why the hood would need to come off to change the scoop...it that's the case, no WAY will I let someone else change my scoop. Its just not that bad to risk it.

Well I have sent Bud all the pics. I am just so sick over this. I know it will be made right, but it's such a pain.

I am really debating going to the other Ford dealer to have them fix it.

Here are the pics :

2055195740092274605yGwniG_th.jpg

Well I have sent Bud all the pics. I am just so sick over this. I know it will be made right, but it's such a pain.

Here are the pics :

And to top it off...they said the hood stripes were a half inch off..that is why they got new stripes from Shelby....makes me wonder if they really were !

That is not even close to acceptable.

Did you happen to take account of the mileage before taking it in?

No...I didnt...but if it goes back to them... I will ! Like I said...there were foot prints on the passenger side ! Gas was about the same.

I am waiting for Bud to see the pictures and see what I should do. I may stop and see the guys at the other Ford dealer body shop and get their opinon.

I wished I lived closer to Vegas..I would be on my way there !

I can't tell a whole lot about the scoop by the pics but the cables on the hood pins are an easy fix and the stripe issue on the bumper with the overlapping is the way they are all done, due to the contour of the bumper. I have fixed the hood scoop issue on mine and is realitively simple. Try not to beat yourself up. It will all work out. :)

Skip

I can't tell a whole lot about the scoop by the pics but the cables on the hood pins are an easy fix and the stripe issue on the bumper with the overlapping is the way they are all done, due to the contour of the bumper. I have fixed the hood scoop issue on mine and is realitively simple. Try not to beat yourself up. It will all work out. :)

Skip

the original stripe was one piece. (on the bumper) I washed it enough times to know that . Now there is a ridge were it overlaps...and in no time at all...it will raise up from wind etc. I could lift it with my nail if I wanted to now.

I didnt have an issue with my cables . They did change the round discs..that is the only thing they didnt mess up

It looks terrible in real life..it's very hard to see on the picture

Skip

Skip...how should the cables look? Can you send me a picture? Bud is saying the cables need to be tightened up as well. The cables look the same as they did the day I bought it.

Thanks,

Sue

Here are the pics :

And to top it off...they said the hood stripes were a half inch off..that is why they got new stripes from Shelby....makes me wonder if they really were !

sdear I feel for you. I'm currently having dealer issues with one of my silver hood stripes now for about a month. Back and forth with the dealer 2-3 times a week. They put a scuff mark on it when they applied touchup paint to the side of my hood scoop. They evidently put tape on the silver stripe then when they pulled it off it left a scuff mark. They're just do not care. The sale had already been made. My hood scoop is also warped on the driver's side. I can actually see light coming from the front of the scoop. Bud says that it can and will be replaced if I file the claim. I'm guessing that the hood scoop does not come from SAI with the stripe already on it?

I am having the same issue with the side of the scoop being raised and the Pony being askew, but I think I am going to leave them alone. I think they add a little character.

As for the stripes, I think mine are in sections like that too. I have to have one of them on the bumper replaced so I will be sure to check it out before the work gets done.

Concerning the quality of work done by the dealership, I would definately let the owner know of your issues. As an employer myself I know that we do not always know what our employees do. There have been many times that customers alerted me to things that needed to be looked into. If you tell the owner I would be willing to bet that he/she will look into the problem and try to have it rectified. I remember one time the owner of my local dealership called his service manager back to work two hours after closing to fix a problem with my car that should have been done before the shop closed.

Best of luck in getting your problems solved.

sdear I feel for you. I'm currently having dealer issues with one of my silver hood stripes now for about a month. Back and forth with the dealer 2-3 times a week. They put a scuff mark on it when they applied touchup paint to the side of my hood scoop. They evidently put tape on the silver stripe then when they pulled it off it left a scuff mark. They're just do not care. The sale had already been made. My hood scoop is also warped on the driver's side. I can actually see light coming from the front of the scoop. Bud says that it can and will be replaced if I file the claim. I'm guessing that the hood scoop does not come from SAI with the stripe already on it?

The hood comes from SAI painted and with the stripe.

Again...I have nothing but praise for Shelby's willingness to fix the flaws that I had to begin with. ( now wishing I had left them alone ). It is the dealership's body shop that doesn't seem to care a bit. Funny how they "quit" caring once the purchase is made.

I will await the Body shop's manager to call me this morning. If I am not satisfied with his response..or attitude towards making this right, I will speak to the owner. I then am taking my car to another Ford dealership to have the warranty work done .

Bud specifically told the body shop that the hood has to come off for proper installation of the scoop. They flat out lied to me and told they took the hood off, but when I went back there last night, the hood had never been removed. The stripe guy must have had a rough night the night before..that is all I can figure !

I know it will be made right...it's just frustrating to have a brand new car and have to deal with this.

Are you sure the original stripes were one piece? I just checked mine and they are overlapped as well. I don't think there is a way around that. The hood pin cables may not be routed correctly which is why they look long.

The stripe alignment is still a problem though.

Maybe now would be a good time to have them removed and professionally painted in place.....

Skip...how should the cables look? Can you send me a picture? Bud is saying the cables need to be tightened up as well. The cables look the same as they did the day I bought it.

Thanks,

Sue

Sue, either the cable is routed wrong or just needs to be shortened. It should not be a difficult task to do.

On the hood issue. The padding on the back side of the hood has to come off in order to get to all the bolts to adjust the scoop but not the hood itself. THere are 12 or 13 little plastic clips that pop out then you can access the bolts for the scoop.

Are you sure the original stripes were one piece? I just checked mine and they are overlapped as well. I don't think there is a way around that. The hood pin cables may not be routed correctly which is why they look long.

The stripe alignment is still a problem though.

Maybe now would be a good time to have them removed and professionally painted in place.....

Not going to paint them on just yet, but they need to fix what they broke !

I met with a different stripe guy tonight..and he is confident he can make it right once we get the new stripes from Shelby. I am still not sure I am going to take it back to the same Ford dealer to have them file the warranty work. I am going to go meet with the manager tomorrow and hash it out. He did call me today and said he will do what it takes to make it right, but they should have done that to begin with !

At least when I am sitting inside driving...all my anger goes away :D

skip...the cables are definately routed wrong now that I have looked closer at other pictures. Will get that taken care of.

Once this is ALL done.......he is getting a clay bar bath and an awesome fire and ice shine !! :D

Do you have a sister?

:huh:

hahaha..no....but if you come down to florida..you can go with me .

I was sent to this site by a member here..for their products. www.properautocare.com

Well turns out....their warehouse is very close to me...so I took a drive up and showed them my car.

I bought all the products to do the fire and ice shine...and once all this stiping is done..i am driving up to the guys house that works there..and he is going to teach me the proper way to do it all ! (small fee) He has a black Cobra..so he does alot of black cars. They had pictures in their showroom with this product on.....and words can't describe how awesome they look. I can't wait !!

I have to tell you...I was very impressed with their showroom..warehouse..and knowledge on mustangs ! They do all the StangGang club cars too.

;)

Are you anywhere near Orlando, Cocoa, or Port St. Luci? I will be going to these cities on business in June and July. :)

I am an one and a half hours south west of Orlando !!! I am one hour south of Tampa !

Bring your car ( if you have it :lol: ) and we can race !

I am an one and a half hours south west of Orlando !!! I am one hour south of Tampa !

HI I WENT THE EXTRA STEP AND PUT THE WAX ON AS THEY SAID IT WOULD BY THE BEST SHINE I WOULD EVER SEE WILL AS FAR AS IAM CONCERN IT DOES I TOOK IT BY THE FORD DEALERS BODY SHOP TODAY AND THE FOREMAN SAID MAN WHAT KIND OF WAX ARE YOU USEING THATS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN A BLACK CAR SHINE LIKE THAT

HI I WENT THE EXTRA STEP AND PUT THE WAX ON AS THEY SAID IT WOULD BY THE BEST SHINE I WOULD EVER SEE WILL AS FAR AS IAM CONCERN IT DOES I TOOK IT BY THE FORD DEALERS BODY SHOP TODAY AND THE FOREMAN SAID MAN WHAT KIND OF WAX ARE YOU USEING I HAVE SEEN A BLACK CAR SHINE LIKE THAT .

We are going to do that too....put that wax over it. That is what gives it the wet look ! It is an awesome shine from the pictures I saw in their warehouse. I can't wait to do it ! I have never had a black car..so the guy showing me how to do it right will be nice !

he is getting a clay bar bath and an awesome fire and ice shine !! :D

What's this "HE" stuff? That just doesn't sound right.

My wife did the same thing when she could not come up with a good name for HER.

She made the comment "maybe I can't find the right name because it's a boy?"

I cringed....... :blink: :rolleyes:

What's this "HE" stuff? That just doesn't sound right.

My wife did the same thing when she could not come up with a good name for HER.

She made the comment "maybe I can't find the right name because it's a boy?"

I cringed....... :blink: :rolleyes:

My car is a HE !!! His name is Ralph !!! :D My hubby hates it...but it's not his car !! :rolleyes:

Ralph will be treated better than any girl car could dream of ! He will be driven like he should be...and pampered as well :D

I couldn't get the vanity plate I wanted...so it's SGT 07

Everything else I wanted was taken. B)

My car is a HE !!! His name is Ralph !!! :D My hubby hates it...but it's not his car !! :rolleyes:

Ralph will be treated better than any girl car could dream of ! He will be driven like he should be...and pampered as well :D

I couldn't get the vanity plate I wanted...so it's SGT 07

Everything else I wanted was taken. B)

Update....

Shelby is sending new parts. The ford dealer is eating the stripes due to their error.

I will be all set to have a new guy restripe....( he is good) , and get the new scoop on when it gets here.

THEN THE CLAY BATH AND SHINE ! :D

Archived