TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Private Buyers - What did you pay

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I asked for financing and the best they were willing to give me was 6.39%....so I paid cash! I would have taken, obviously, 36 mths at 0%.

LuisA

It must have been an 07 she purchased. I got the same finance offer as you last month, when I bought my 08.

Ron

it was avaible about mid year for about 3 weeks. you could get 0% for 36 months on ANY mustang. that include SGT and GT500. but was only good for 3 weeks and now its gone.

michael morris

That is when I bought my second GT500 0% for 36 mo. 5K over (Black) soon to be a SS

CSM#07SS0170 :)

Sorry I should have stated my car is a 2007 and yes it was available for only 3 weeks for any mustang..what a deal!!!! I called the dealer today to see if they had any more GT500's in, my husband and I decided if they did we would buy another one. They didnt have any in today but were expecting one, they will call me with the details. They did have 4 Shelby GT's in stock, but ......you get so much more with the 500! I love this forum!

thestangal

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2008 GT500 Convertible new of the show room floor at Franich Ford my local dealer in Watsonville Ca. on 11/28/07 for $1000 over MSRP. with no hassel.Bought it as a third car for limited driving.Did not trade anything in and paid in full with personal check.

I decided to go to the dealership to negotiate some more. After about 30 minutes I had him agree to order a car for me at MSRP....at that point he said, "anything I can do to have you take this one", I said no, I want the Crimson interior. We then proceeded to place the order and I gave him a $500 deposit.

MSRP be damned. It has nothing to do with it, and is only incidental, according to your story.

You agreed on a price, for the car you wanted, and the options you wanted (Crimson interior). You signed the order, paid the deposit, but didn't get the car you ordered. The one from Baltimore didn't have the Crimson interior.

What am I missing? The dealer still hasn't delivered what he promised...

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a Blue Coupe the week of Thanksgiving (tried to get silver stripes but no luck :( ), Shaker 500, IUP, HID, Ambient, Sirius for 52K. Placed the order with a dealer that I bought my first Mustang from 10yrs ago - even though they are now 350 miles away. Dealers in New England are still trying to get the 15-20K over.

Its the car I've been wanting since the new '05 redesign was announced. Timing and other factors just seemed to fall together and this is the right time for me. If there is a MY09 GT500, who knows what will carry over from the Mustang's refresh (if anything).

Don't have a VIN yet - hope I'll get that as a Christmas gift - and expect delivery around April, around when most of this snow will have melted and I'll be able to see the driveway.

Shack

Archived