TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fender Guitar

Has anyone heard about a Fender guitar being offered for sale with the Shelby GT stripes painted on it? I think they had one for the Hertz GTH. It would be nice to have a white one with silver stripes or black and silver. I would think Fender is going to offer a few of those to the public being there are a few of us Mustang lovers who play. Definately want to get one if they do.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone heard about a Fender guitar being offered for sale with the Shelby GT stripes painted on it? I think they had one for the Hertz GTH. It would be nice to have a white one with silver stripes or black and silver. I would think Fender is going to offer a few of those to the public being there are a few of us Mustang lovers who play. Definately want to get one if they do.

yes ford offered a black guitar with silver SGT on it. i offered them to the forum about a month ago. i sold one to a member, but didnt get anymore questions. the other day someone asked me about the guitar so i called and found out that they are sold out of them. they only made 200 total. you might start seeing them on ebay or some ford dealers might have bought them for stock. the one that i ordered came in friday and i shipped it out the same day. they are very good looking guitars.

michael morris

I heard through the gravevine that Jason from Tower Ford is now offering one with the purchase of #22. It's white with silver stripes.

LMAO....he has to do something is technique doesn't seem to be working. :P

GTplumber,

I couldn't quickly find a link from ford or Fender but there is 5 on EBAY......quite a mark up.

http://search.ebay.com/shelby-guitar_W0QQfromZR40

you beat me to it soc, when i found out about them i offered them on here for 995, now that they are sold out eveyone want almost 3k for them. i new i should have ordered a couple of extras. im not very smart :angry:

im sorry i tried to get you guys one, but at the time no one was interested. but i dont guess i was either because i didnt buy one for myself or for resale.

michael

Michael, I was pretty interested but waivered with my decision because I kept thinking I'd rather put that money toward more options for my car.

Oh well, maybe after a few more months they might not sell and the price may drop back to the $1000 original price.

Michael, I was pretty interested but waivered with my decision because I kept thinking I'd rather put that money toward more options for my car.

Oh well, maybe after a few more months they might not sell and the price may drop back to the $1000 original price.

Again, what a fricken joke. What does Fender and Ford have in common except MONEY. Sorry, but give me a break.

Again, what a fricken joke. What does Fender and Ford have in common except MONEY. Sorry, but give me a break.

i didnt have anything to do with the guitar, just thought some SGT guys might want one to have with there car. and i offered them at 995 not 2595 that they are bringing on ebay. i dont really no what they have in common, but they are selling pretty good.

michael

i didnt have anything to do with the guitar, just thought some SGT guys might want one to have with there car. and i offered them at 995 not 2595 that they are bringing on ebay. i dont really no what they have in common, but they are selling pretty good.

michael

Michael - michael - michael, please quit acting like everybody is gettting on you because we are not. You are a great resource and we enjoy havng you here. I was just using my own personal way of saying "why" when Fender and Shelby GT made a guitar! It is only a money thing it has nothing to do with with either a car or a guitar, period. I think it is a joke! ROTFLMAO! B)

Michael - michael - michael, please quit acting like everybody is gettting on you because we are not. You are a great resource and we enjoy havng you here. I was just using my own personal way of saying "why" when Fender and Shelby GT made a guitar! It is only a money thing it has nothing to do with with either a car or a guitar, period. I think it is a joke! ROTFLMAO! B)

I put my bid in on e-bay. I am not paying no more than a grand for a guitar that only has one pickup, we will see what happens.

i didnt take that way, i was playing. i agree with you 100%. i have no idea why they would produce a guitar with SGT on it. i understand shirts, hats, and poster, but a guitar.

i knew you were not attacking me :D

michael

.....The guitar came out of Barret Jackson Scottsdale. They had a theme this year and it was rock and roll. They sold several rock history pieces. After the Shelby GT auction started, the main guy from Ford, Mark something or other, brought the first guitar out of the trunk. Mr Shelby signed it on stage. At the Cleveland (home of the Rock and Roll hall of fame) Auto Show they announced the 200 for sale program.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! What a joke and i agree. B)

Personally, I'm not a music person and the truth is the guitar means nothing to me at all. I like the idea of having a piece of history from the original car #1 which Socal mentioned went on BJ with the car because of the Rock Theme. I am not sure about this but I thought I also read that the Fender CEO was a Shelby fan (or owner) so that's how they got involved. Don't quote me on this, I just thought I read it somewhere - don't want to start any rumors.

Obviously, we all have different opinions and I certainly respect all of yours so there is no need to go back and forth on who's right and who's opinion is better. I only wanted to potentially buy the guitar since my car will be a show car first, and then driven on as many nice summer days as possible. As mentioned previously, I definitely plan to race it when possible – especially at the annual SAAC events. I know that many of you will drive your cars daily and others don't look at these as investments. I would love to drive mine daily but I want to pass it down to my son, Adam Junior, in awesome condition (got to watch that New England snow, salt and sand). Plus as some of you have probably read, I am trying to make my car a little more unique – sort of a one-of-one. If I could afford it, I would buy two – one for daily driving and beating and the other for show. And, personally, I know that some of you think these cars will depreciate; I hope you're wrong for all of our sake.

So, if anyone ends up buying the guitar and feels like selling it in a few years, please keep my email (adams.shelbygt@gmail.com).

By the way, for the 40 year old crowd like me, what does ROTF mean? Yesterday, I finally figured out what LMAO meant. :D

Personally, I'm not a music person and the truth is the guitar means nothing to me at all. I like the idea of having a piece of history from the original car #1 which Socal mentioned went on BJ with the car because of the Rock Theme. I am not sure about this but I thought I also read that the Fender CEO was a Shelby fan (or owner) so that's how they got involved. Don't quote me on this, I just thought I read it somewhere - don't want to start any rumors.

Obviously, we all have different opinions and I certainly respect all of yours so there is no need to go back and forth on who's right and who's opinion is better. I only wanted to potentially buy the guitar since my car will be a show car first, and then driven on as many nice summer days as possible. As mentioned previously, I definitely plan to race it when possible – especially at the annual SAAC events. I know that many of you will drive your cars daily and others don't look at these as investments. I would love to drive mine daily but I want to pass it down to my son, Adam Junior, in awesome condition (got to watch that New England snow, salt and sand). Plus as some of you have probably read, I am trying to make my car a little more unique – sort of a one-of-one. If I could afford it, I would buy two – one for daily driving and beating and the other for show. And, personally, I know that some of you think these cars will depreciate; I hope you're wrong for all of our sake.

So, if anyone ends up buying the guitar and feels like selling it in a few years, please keep my email (adams.shelbygt@gmail.com).

By the way, for the 40 year old crowd like me, what does ROTF mean? Yesterday, I finally figured out what LMOA meant. :D

I believe ROTF stands for Rolling on the Floor.

i mentioned the guitar the first time because i thought i might be cool to own the car and the name sake guitar. when i had a boss 429 my dumb butt would just about buy anything to do with that car. dont know why i did it but spent alot of money on the stuff. didnt realize the things would bring almost 3 times what i could buy them for.

michael

i mentioned the guitar the first time because i thought i might be cool to own the car and the name sake guitar. when i had a boss 429 my dumb butt would just about buy anything to do with that car. dont know why i did it but spent alot of money on the stuff. didnt realize the things would bring almost 3 times what i could buy them for.

michael

Michael, I love Mustangs like all of us on here. I just happen to be a guitar player too and thought the guitar at gigs would be pretty cool. And like most of us on here and you- we will buy anything that has to do with the cars, you know like the diecasts, posters, etc. If the general Mustang person doesn't know how to play then maybe the investment isn't worth it. I didn't want to create something out of this topic other than trying to find the instrument. You tried to help and I appreciate that. Some people have to comment on things when they don't understand that this forum is for anything related SHELBY. SAI didn't have to give us this forum and one day most of us on here will fade one at a time. I follow the forum all the time and I think you are an honest guy and selling things is how you make your money, nothing wrong with that. Just think if we all saved our baseball cards. I make money on labor and selling what I install that is the way it is. You have to warrant what you sell so you have to put a mark-up on it. The bottom line is if the person is happy with the product and what he paid then that is all that matters.

Michael, I love Mustangs like all of us on here. I just happen to be a guitar player too and thought the guitar at gigs would be pretty cool. And like most of us on here and you- we will buy anything that has to do with the cars, you know like the diecasts, posters, etc. If the general Mustang person doesn't know how to play then maybe the investment isn't worth it. I didn't want to create something out of this topic other than trying to find the instrument. You tried to help and I appreciate that. Some people have to comment on things when they don't understand that this forum is for anything related SHELBY. SAI didn't have to give us this forum and one day most of us on here will fade one at a time. I follow the forum all the time and I think you are an honest guy and selling things is how you make your money, nothing wrong with that. Just think if we all saved our baseball cards. I make money on labor and selling what I install that is the way it is. You have to warrant what you sell so you have to put a mark-up on it. The bottom line is if the person is happy with the product and what he paid then that is all that matters.

exactly!!!!

michael morris

If you get on e-bay and search Shelby gt a couple of them come up and they were at about 2 grand last time I saw them on there. Makes me wish they included one in my trunk!

Well this is a great topic, I do have to say I'm one of the lucky ones. My loveing bride, bought one as an

aniversy gift. MAN!! was I supprised, because, just two days prior, we bought a SGT Black one!! The fist

thing I did was take a picture with car and guitar. I know it was kind-of lam, but they do look good together.

I do say, the guitar dose play sweet! even through my old champ. It's not a strat, but a good rock and role guitar! I could not put it down for hour. I still have it my living room, just so I can see it.

I've yet to play it thru my main rigg. I'm sure it will be sweeter still.

Well this is a great topic, I do have to say I'm one of the lucky ones. My loveing bride, bought one as an

aniversy gift. MAN!! was I supprised, because, just two days prior, we bought a SGT Black one!! The fist

thing I did was take a picture with car and guitar. I know it was kind-of lam, but they do look good together.

I do say, the guitar dose play sweet! even through my old champ. It's not a strat, but a good rock and role guitar! I could not put it down for hour. I still have it my living room, just so I can see it.

FRG, that's awesome. Post pics.

sweet, i knew i should have take the one i got and played it for alittle while, you know just to make sure it was OK before i shipped it.

michael

sweet, i knew i should have take the one i got and played it for alittle while, you know just to make sure it was OK before i shipped it.

michael

You didn't take for a test run?? :)

I'll try to post afew pictures when I get home tonight.

Archived