TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Center Gauge Cluster w/Shelby Gauges

....I am. At least I think I am. The car is still in the back corner of SAI.

My SGT must be sitting in the back corner with yours. Doesn't look like anyone has gotten the gauges yet or maybe very few have even ordered the gauges. It's not a the cheap option as far as gauges go.

I wonder how many SGT are sitting waiting for mods? Does anyone know?

I ordered the gauges and have not received them yet.

I was told last week that the "dog house" (gauge housings) are not in yet. The housing sure looks like a simple item, maybe American Racing is making for SAI along with the black razors? :blink:

if someone does install them. let us know how it went and any pointers!

I have to say that I don't specifically know how they will be installed. However, I wanted to mention one small tidbit in the event that the "dog house" is installed using double-sided tape (I'm sure and I hope it isn't).

I have a 2004 F150. Recently, I bought an EDGE tuner. It came with a housing that is mounted on the dash the the left of the steering wheel. It also came with double-sided tape which I installed properly per the instructions about a month ago. Well, with the recent warm days, the housing has lifted and it's all coming off. I pressed it back and have something wedging it in place but I'm sure it may someday soon come off again.

I just wanted to mention this to keep it in mind if that's how the SGT Guages are installed. I'm sure that instead, SAI has much better installation plans than my silly little tuner (which, by the way, got me an extra 35 HP and better gas mileage).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up. The write up on the SAI parts page says "Cluster attaches with double-sided tape (included)". Hopefully it uses better tape. I can't ever see taking it off but I know some buyers don't like the thought of drilling holes in their dashes in case they ever want to return to stock condition. I live in Washington...rains more than shines. So maybe it will get through our summers. LOL

Has anyone had the Center Gauge Cluster w/Shelby Gauges installed on their car yet. My car is waiting for mods. I know SAI is installing the lower grill and lights but I haven't seen anyone say they have received the center gauge cluster. pictures other than SAI picture?

I have ordered the gauges for my car, but like many of us my car is waiting for the mods. Hopefully they'll get the "houses" in soon. If someone gets their car with them please post pictures.

Hey socaljafo you still waiting on your car? Man I thought you'd have it by now. I'm pullin for you!

Dave

I have ordered the gauges for my car, but like many of us my car is waiting for the mods. Hopefully they'll get the "houses" in soon. If someone gets their car with them please post pictures.

Hey socaljafo you still waiting on your car? Man I thought you'd have it by now. I'm pullin for you!

Dave

Hi Guys, yes the pod uses double side tape, because we dont want to drill into the dash. The lines run thru the vents, so we leave any marks at all. The guages are starting to be installed, check with John and Bud on your individual cars.

Amy

LMAO......or you could change your back ground from blue and white to black. I like the silver on black look......

just kidding, i'll look for one that shows up on both.

Oh, I wasn't thinking of that.

Yeah, I went with the blue/white because the black was too much of a strain on my otherwise excellent vision.

Hi Guys, yes the pod uses double side tape, because we dont want to drill into the dash. The lines run thru the vents, so we leave any marks at all. The guages are starting to be installed, check with John and Bud on your individual cars.

Amy

Thanks Amy for the info. When Amy speaks...people listen. It's good to see you on the site again. Just a little busy lately? I'm waiting on John to confirm a June 15th museum pickup. I knew this is one of the hurdles...that and a few SGT owners waiting for mods in front of me. :D thanks again. Keep up the good work.

Archived