TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 Artist Proof

New on Ford site: Now Available an exclusive Carroll Shelby Artist Proof. The Sold Out Limited Edition Hand Signed Print was only offered to Ford Dealers. Now for the first time, this rare Hand Signed Artist Proof is available to the public. Don't miss this opportunity to own one of only 25 Artist Proofs ever made. Will go fast. $700 bu very Cool 30x27 Framed. Click link below to view.

GT500 Carroll Shelby Signed Print from Ford

<edit: not clear to me if Shelby or the artist signed this proof print. This number can be called if questions:(866) 965-1767>

New on Ford site: Now Available an exclusive Carroll Shelby Artist Proof. The Sold Out Limited Edition Hand Signed Print was only offered to Ford Dealers. Now for the first time, this rare Hand Signed Artist Proof is available to the public. Don't miss this opportunity to own one of only 25 Artist Proofs ever made. Will go fast. $700 bu very Cool 30x27 Framed. Click link below to view.

GT500 Carroll Shelby Signed Print from Ford

<edit: not clear to me if Shelby or the artist signed this proof print. This number can be called if questions:(866) 965-1767>

Why does Ford continue to use the SHELBY Concept in it's Corporate literature, etc..?

Why does Ford continue to use the SHELBY Concept in it's Corporate literature, etc..?

Dunno, but good Q. Maybe because of the vintage of the original dealer piece was early enough that final design was not stable -- these are the original 25 artist proofs done before the dealer items so that could be it (just a guess tho).

Bought one myself. The autograph is C. Shelbys. And it is not a printed autograph. I recieved notice from the company that did the print that the print would be delayed because Mr Shelby was to busy to sign the prints when previously planned.

There were 100 prints offered to dealers. My only complaint is that the print is numbered like thisl

Print Number XXX

Not like this

Print XXX of XXX.

They did a second print with a different photo. The second showed that it was numbered XXX/XXX

They said there were 250 of these made. I have recieved the first, but not the second.

Should look good in the Office.

For what it is worth, if someone orders this I would be interested to know what thier print is numbered. Mine is 93, I wonder if they went higher, or if the 25 were held back out of the 100 offered to dealerships.

Bought one myself. The autograph is C. Shelbys. And it is not a printed autograph. I recieved notice from the company that did the print that the print would be delayed because Mr Shelby was to busy to sign the prints when previously planned.

There were 100 prints offered to dealers. My only complaint is that the print is numbered like thisl

Print Number XXX

Not like this

Print XXX of XXX.

They did a second print with a different photo. The second showed that it was numbered XXX/XXX

They said there were 250 of these made. I have recieved the first, but not the second.

Should look good in the Office.

For what it is worth, if someone orders this I would be interested to know what thier print is numbered. Mine is 93, I wonder if they went higher, or if the 25 were held back out of the 100 offered to dealerships.

Very Cool, Platinum Lion!

The one you bought sounds like the ones offered to the dealers as an open-edition. These now being offered (only 25) are the original artist proofs that are traditionally held-back from an open edition and therefore these 25 should be numbered #xx of 25 (don't know if they are, but that is the convention for artist proofs and closed-edition prints as opposed to open-edition prints).

Were the dealer prints the same price?

Very Cool, Platinum Lion!

The one you bought sounds like the ones offered to the dealers as an open-edition. These now being offered (only 25) are the original artist proofs that are traditionally held-back from an open edition and therefore these 25 should be numbered #xx of 25 (don't know if they are, but that is the convention for artist proofs and closed-edition prints as opposed to open-edition prints).

Were the dealer prints the same price?

I paid just about a hundred dollars less, however I am sure that cost was less. I get an employee discount but I cannot buy parts for cost. I ordered it thru the parts department.

Regardless, the print is cool. Everyone comments on how cool it is. Also note the dimmentions. It is a large print.

I paid just about a hundred dollars less, however I am sure that cost was less. I get an employee discount but I cannot buy parts for cost. I ordered it thru the parts department.

Regardless, the print is cool. Everyone comments on how cool it is. Also note the dimmentions. It is a large print.

Oh, yeah! It's awesome! (It's probably also a great investment, tho I wouldn't buy it just for that reason).

There's also some really nice 1:18 scale die cast GT500s with opening doors/hood on that site, but I figured the real deal handles better :)

Oh, yeah! It's awesome! (It's probably also a great investment, tho I wouldn't buy it just for that reason).

There's also some really nice 1:18 scale die cast GT500s with opening doors/hood on that site, but I figured the real deal handles better :)

I am sure the real deal handles better but at what price. I need to wait myself. Just hope I can get a real one for a reasonable number.

I am sure the real deal handles better but at what price. I need to wait myself. Just hope I can get a real one for a reasonable number.

+1 :) I'm still thinking we'll see MSRP and eventually $500-800 over invoice at the end of the year-2 (or 3) run. And by then we'll see if they got the Boss right. :happy feet:

+1 :) I'm still thinking we'll see MSRP and eventually $500-800 over invoice at the end of the year-2 (or 3) run. And by then we'll see if they got the Boss right. :happy feet:

I agree with you. I just cant get over how many people are upset that they cannot get the first car, at inovice, with extended warranty and have Bill Jr. Deliver it to them so they don't have to wait for the regular delays like every other vehcile. If I had the money and wanted the first car then I would pay for it. But I have more time than money so I think that I will spend what I have more of and hope that when my current lease is up I can get at GT500 at a reasonable number.

I agree with you. I just cant get over how many people are upset that they cannot get the first car, at inovice, with extended warranty and have Bill Jr. Deliver it to them so they don't have to wait for the regular delays like every other vehcile. If I had the money and wanted the first car then I would pay for it. But I have more time than money so I think that I will spend what I have more of and hope that when my current lease is up I can get at GT500 at a reasonable number.

This is why we are old and wise, my friend! :party:

Archived