TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who plans to leave their Shelby GT all-original

ilmor

I saw this question on another Mustang forum and thought it would be interesting to see the results it gets here.

I plan to leave my Shelby GT all-original. Who else plans to do the same?

I saw this question on another Mustang forum and thought it would be interesting to see the results it gets here.

Define "all original". Does an "ULTRA HOT" or "NO FEAR" sticker on the back window count? What about stick-on bullet holes and (Michaels favorite) curb feelers? :)

100 % original.....I'm not even changing the oil.

Pretty much, though I have a few changes here are my top 10!

10. Repaint white on silver rather than silver on white. I like silver, it's right up there with gold, and gold was the color of the Hertz car I wanted while giving the car an alternate universe effect. Star Trek anyone?

9. Replace "Powered By Ford" fender emblems with a cool "Owned By Matt" emblem in bright red just in case someone else has a silver on white copy cat car.

8. Add a rear deck spoiler from the 1980 Cobra Mustang. This "retro" look is actually pretty easy to achieve and only requires you to saw a few pieces off but still maintains the integrity of the overall look.

7. Remove the DVD Nav and replace with an equally cool AM/FM 8-track radio with cassette adaptor mated to an iPod adaptor for a total solution that spans all generations. Only issue so far in the test car is that when set it extends 17 inches from the dash which may mean some pieces need to be sawed off that too.

6. Remove the "silver bling" wheels and use reproduction 1964 1/2 mustang hub caps. VERY COOL, sure to get looks!

5. Using the same technique I use to remove pistol serial numbers make my SGT: 6001!

4. Add Ford pony grill for that "sleeper" look.

3. Add non-glare carpet to dashboard...though not sure what color shag carpet comes in these days.

2. Ford blue neon around the undercarriage that pulses with the beat of the 8-track.

and...

1. A large "It's 1AM do you know where my wife is?" bumper sticker. :angry:

Probably keep original, although might add driving lights & lower grill. These add on's are pretty functional and the driving light switch is already in place.

Not sure how these add on's fit the definition of original though.

10. Repaint white on silver rather than silver on white. I like silver, it's right up there with gold, and gold was the color of the Hertz car I wanted while giving the car an alternate universe effect. Star Trek anyone?

9. Replace "Powered By Ford" fender emblems with a cool "Owned By Matt" emblem in bright red just in case someone else has a silver on white copy cat car.

8. Add a rear deck spoiler from the 1980 Cobra Mustang. This "retro" look is actually pretty easy to achieve and only requires you to saw a few pieces off but still maintains the integrity of the overall look.

7. Remove the DVD Nav and replace with an equally cool AM/FM 8-track radio with cassette adaptor mated to an iPod adaptor for a total solution that spans all generations. Only issue so far in the test car is that when set it extends 17 inches from the dash which may mean some pieces need to be sawed off that too.

6. Remove the "silver bling" wheels and use reproduction 1964 1/2 mustang hub caps. VERY COOL, sure to get looks!

5. Using the same technique I use to remove pistol serial numbers make my SGT: 6001!

3. Add non-glare carpet to dashboard...though not sure what color shag carpet comes in these days.

2. Ford blue neon around the undercarriage that pulses with the beat of the 8-track.

and...

John Walker,

Please get this guy a car before he loses his mind or should I say totally loses his mind. You can even finish his car first. Rick :o

MATT where are the CURB FEELERS!!!!!

NO car is complete without curb feelers.

michael

I'm adding SAI options-lower billet grille with lights and the Shelby sequential tail-lights, so I guess that would be considered original. May pull a piece of the dash and send in for an autograph, but that's probably the only change.

I'm adding SAI options-lower billet grille with lights and the Shelby sequential tail-lights, so I guess that would be considered original. May pull a piece of the dash and send in for an autograph, but that's probably the only change.

I have an 07 GT and I have polished stainless steel tailight bezels and they really improve the back of the car, I already have a new set waiting for my SGT. Sequential tailights are a must. The lower grill and lights are definately a must have. Other than that I think the car looks great with the Shelby package, except rear spoiler, maybe?

Running Lights, sequential rear turn signals and Tint.

(The jury is still out on the curb feelers)

Original?????????? aaahhahahahahahaha

NOPE!

I do plan to save all the original; parts for a restoration 25 years from now.

I may add one of those cool little dogs in the rear window with head that bobs up and down.

:D

Im planning on adding a little more power.

Tim,

How did you stripe your GT500 spoiler? Would you mind posting a few pictures or point me to ones already posted. I am also interested in seeing the lower grill and lights.

Thanks,

mark

and...

you first have to have a car .................

Running Lights, sequential rear turn signals and Tint.

(The jury is still out on the curb feelers)

I am putting a GT500 spoiler on mine. Already tinted the windows.

Next up...sequential tail lights and lower front grill with lights.

My hubby "thinks" i would need curb feelers :P

Sue

I am putting a GT500 spoiler on mine. Already tinted the windows.

Next up...sequential tail lights and lower front grill with lights.

My hubby "thinks" i would need curb feelers :P

Sue

yesss!!!! Curb Feelers, its a must have on all new cars. i think if you dont have them then your warranty is voided. im not that it is true but thats what i have heard

michael

#1 curb feeler salesman

Here is my best selling sets. remember you only need one side, you dont need them for both sides unless you are doing it just for the sexiness that it will add to your SGT. i have many different types in stock and they all look great on your SGT.

i do hope yall know that im joking, but the pics are real curb feelers and i can give yall the website if yall need it.

michael

yesss!!!! Curb Feelers, its a must have on all new cars. i think if you dont have them then your warranty is voided. im not that it is true but thats what i have heard

Who told you that? Jason?? :blink:

Sorry, had to do it..... :lol:

(disclaimer: no car dealers were harmed in the making of this production)

Tim,

How did you stripe your GT500 spoiler? Would you mind posting a few pictures or point me to ones already posted. I am also interested in seeing the lower grill and lights.

Thanks,

mark

I'm presently waiting on the stripes. The spoiler is all painted and will be mounted as soon as I get the stripes.

Archived