TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The SGT needs a S/C period!

I love my car 100% and it attracts ALL types of attention, BUT here is the situation and quote me on this " @ $40K++ the car should come with a SC, AND it needs an SC." Sorry guys and gals but that is how I feel. Again, the car needs a SC no questions about it. So if you have one A SAI right now, don't be sorry like WE all are, be smart and get a car with a SC! Sorry but thats the real situation. B)

Yes this car is FAST, but I like my cars REALLY FAST. The thing about it is this car can take it, every horse power you can give it it can take because it is built to handle it. So why not indulge and just get one while your there. Be smart and have them install a SC while it is there. I do love these cars!

I don't think it needs one, personally. The dang thing is fast enough! Plus, superchargers cost a lot more money!! Not that I wouldn't mind having one though.... <_<

I don't think it needs one, personally. The dang thing is fast enough! Plus, superchargers cost a lot more money!! Not that I wouldn't mind having one though.... <_<

yep... i agree. it is a fast car as it is. saying that it needs one is your opinion and not that it's a bad one, i want one for my SGT but that's because nothing is enough for me and i always want more. I don't think it NEEDS one.

I love my car 100% and it attracts ALL types of attention, BUT here is the situation and quote me on this " @ $40K++ the car should come with a SC, AND it needs an SC." Sorry guys and gals but that is how I feel. Again, the car needs a SC no questions about it. So if you have one A SAI right now, don't be sorry like WE all are, be smart and get a car with a SC! Sorry but thats the real situation. B)

Yes this car is FAST, but I like my cars REALLY FAST. The thing about it is this car can take it, every horse power you can give it it can take because it is built to handle it. So why not indulge and just get one while your there. Be smart and have them install a SC while it is there. I do love these cars!

I too am waiting for my SGT to arrive. It may need a supercharger but I don't need one. I am currently driving a 1999 Ford Contour 4 cyl. It does 0-60 in 17.5 seconds. Now this needs a supercharger! ;)

Well, the problem with the S/C...as a few people can atest....is: I paid for my car, in full, in January....paid for the S/C, in full, in March...have heard several statements about it being ready, in the mod shop, scheduled to be in the mod shop, done waiting on truck, etc., etc...and still have no car...I'm kind of wondering if the S/C is worth it...Let's see, 319HP in my garage or a 475HP promise of something someday....that bird in the hand thing....tough choice.

car is quick, wouldnt say fast...its adequate... great sounds though an SC would really make it better...but then of course you are entering the 50K range.... and for about 52-54 you can get a GT 500 with a warranty (SC voids it)

If you are buying an SGT for speed and 0-60, you might be dissapointed. its not slow, but its not a "beast" in any way..

car is quick, wouldnt say fast...its adequate... great sounds though an SC would really make it better...but then of course you are entering the 50K range.... and for about 52-54 you can get a GT 500 with a warranty (SC voids it)

If you are buying an SGT for speed and 0-60, you might be dissapointed. its not slow, but its not a "beast" in any way..

Well said, and I agree with you synopsis. That being said are you 100% satisfied with this car or is the "satisfied word" something that no one can get even if you spend 55K for a GT500? I say this because I talked to a GT500 owner in the car wash the other day and he said calm cool and collected: quote" The car needs more power". So is the total satisfaction thing a myth because once you get to the totally satisfied plateau then the bar just got raised again and your not toally satisfied. Hmmm I think that is the truth and the American way of life, unfortunately. B)

Well said, and I agree with you synopsis. That being said are you 100% satisfied with this car or is the "satisfied word" something that no one can get even if you spend 55K for a GT500? I say this because I talked to a GT500 owner in the car wash the other day and he said calm cool and collected: quote" The car needs more power". So is the total satisfaction thing a myth because once you get to the totally satisfied plateau then the bar just got raised again and your not toally satisfied. Hmmm I think that is the truth and the American way of life, unfortunately. B)

Right on - and I would guess thats why the bar is now going to be set at 600 HP( KR, Viper).

Well IMO the car is fast. If I needed anything more I would just buy another rice rocket and stay on 2 wheels and go 170 MPH in a wink but I enjoy living these days so I prefer 4 wheels. On the streets I drive in there is way too much traffic now to really tear it up and when there is a stretch to do that this car has plenty for me. But to each his own.

Well IMO the car is fast. If I needed anything more I would just buy another rice rocket and stay on 2 wheels and go 170 MPH in a wink but I enjoy living these days so I prefer 4 wheels. On the streets I drive in there is way too much traffic now to really tear it up and when there is a stretch to do that this car has plenty for me. But to each his own.

My feelings also, tires are way too expensive to be replacing after "burn outs", and thats about all more "power" will give you. Unfortunately I live in a state that has speed limits and our cops just love to write tickets.

Ok, Here's my thoughts on this subject. On the drive home from the dealer I was a little disappointed in the power of my SGT. This could be because I have abused my buddies GT500...... After taking mine back out and really turning up the rpms it runs surprisely strong. I know we will pair this two cars up soon just to see how bad he beats me. Only reason that I might consider going with a S/C is if I have too many people try to pick on my little 4.6 with their 5.4's or vettes or what ever they have. I am a drag racer and I don't like losing. You might beat me once but not the second time..............LOL

Ok, Here's my thoughts on this subject. On the drive home from the dealer I was a little disappointed in the power of my SGT. This could be because I have abused my buddies GT500...... After taking mine back out and really turning up the rpms it runs surprisely strong. I know we will pair this two cars up soon just to see how bad he beats me. Only reason that I might consider going with a S/C is if I have too many people try to pick on my little 4.6 with their 5.4's or vettes or what ever they have. I am a drag racer and I don't like losing. You might beat me once but not the second time..............LOL

Motor trend has the GT500 @ 2-3/10's of a second faster than the SGT in the 1/4 mile, do you think that is right? I mean the Gt500 weighs more but it also has 180HP more so 2-3/10's of a second seems a little lite? But since you have drove them both what do you think of the power between the two, I mean is it totally night and day or is it somewhat close from the GT500 to the SGT?

I'm thinking 2-3 tenth is a little close. I think my car will hang pretty close with my buddies 500 in the 1/8 mile but feel that he will pull away pretty easy in a 1/4 mile run. I will post if we do any racing and let y'all know.

I'm thinking 2-3 tenth is a little close. I think my car will hang pretty close with my buddies 500 in the 1/8 mile but feel that he will pull away pretty easy in a 1/4 mile run. I will post if we do any racing and let y'all know.

I saw a post on the internet a few weeks ago where a regular gt beat 2 gt5oo's in the quarter mile. I don't know what she had under her hood but she beat them.

I saw a post on the internet a few weeks ago where a regular gt beat 2 gt5oo's in the quarter mile. I don't know what she had under her hood but she beat them.

That is ABSOLUETLY a misquote. Do we really think FOMOCO would even come close to letting that happen, NO. Do you think that GM would let a stock corvette beat a 500HP Z06 corvette, NO. So you must have read that from a regular Gt mustang person dreaming about his car beating a GT500 and what a dream it was! B)

Most drag races are bracket races. That means there is a handicap given to the car that is slower. It allows drivers of different HP cars compete against each other. There are many ways to loose a race that has nothing to do with HP or speed attained. ie break out or red light.

So it is entirely possible this person beat a GT500 but because the GT had a head start because of the handicap, not because the SGT is actually quicker

There is absolutely no such thing as "fast enough". I have also seen a Mustang GT outrun a Shelby GT500 at the dragstrip. Twin screw superchargers will do that for you. B)

lol, guys read carefully....gtplumber never said a stock GT or a Shelby GT. He said a regular GT and didn't know if it had been modified. There are a lot of sleepers out there. I even have seen one Mustang GT with the 5.4 engine in it. Looked stock except for the stance.

That is ABSOLUETLY a misquote. Do we really think FOMOCO would even come close to letting that happen, NO. Do you think that GM would let a stock corvette beat a 500HP Z06 corvette, NO. So you must have read that from a regular Gt mustang person dreaming about his car beating a GT500 and what a dream it was! B)

this isn't a misquote, i have also seen the video. I think it was on you tube. the GT that beats the two GT500's is not stock by any means, and both cars take off at the same time in both races. do a search on you tube and you will find it.

this isn't a misquote, i have also seen the video. I think it was on you tube. the GT that beats the two GT500's is not stock by any means, and both cars take off at the same time in both races. do a search on you tube and you will find it.

OK I do believe you LOL. I now know that a 'modified" GT or a "modified" anything can beat a Ford GT let alone a GT500. So what and who cares. I could mod my 67 VW to beat a GT500, LOL. We ALL were talking about a STOCK Mustang GT not a modded Gt and FOMOCO would never let that happen, I mean again: Stock vs Stock. B)

Archived