TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What I've been up too

Budman340

Hi all!!!!!!!!!

Let me tell you a little about myself first. I have been building models cars since I was 5. That was 41+ years ago. Ok, so now I just dated myself :o I have have been customizing diecast cars for the past 17 years. I love what I do and I feel I do it quite well (ok, I'm not slapping myself on the back LOL). I have also been a service writer from 1980 to 2000. Then I went to a different dealership (in Cleve. OH) and became the service manager. That lasted 7 years until I moved here last July. And yes, I moved here to Vegas just for this job. I just could not pass it up.

I have know Amy since 2000 and we have become great friends. We'll the other day she asked me if I could do a special project for her. I jumped on it. I knew what she wanted and what I could do. So here are a few pics of what I have been working on. Now, you may ask, why is this here in this section? Well, 2 reasons. 1. This is a conituation of the one thread that was started the other day. 2. Not to many people look at the diecast section to often. So, here I am.

I did get Amy's approval to post these pics.

So here you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first pic is the casting I started off with. Its the 1/18 scale Hertz Car.

projectx1.jpg?t=1178670755

This pic showes the car disassembled--sorry if it making you cringe. I love doing this stuff!!!!

projectx2.jpg?t=1178671322

This pic shows what I have done with the rear spoiler. It is almost like the GT500, but it has a bit more grade to it. And you can see that I have added more to the front of the hood. Why you ask? See the next pic.

projectx3.jpg?t=1178671390

This pic shows you just a little bit of how it is coming out. The second pic shows you a "functional" DEEP DRAW HOOD!!!!!!!! How cool is that!!!!!! The third pic shows the mold I made for this hood. I still have a little more touch ups to do before the finale casting. ENJOY!!!!!!!

projectx4.jpg?t=1178671516

Ok, now this casting I am creating may or may not make it into the diecast line. I sure hope it does. Its going to be one sweeeeeet car!!!!!! Maybe Amy will let me show pics of it when it is done. Also, at this time (sorry guys) I can not say what it will be either. Ive tried, but she says NOOOOOOOOO!!!! :lol: . Now, the hood. This is JUST A CONCEPT. This was NOT my idea (wish it was). Now, I kind of hope it does become reality, because I think it would be one FANTASTIC HOOD!!!!!!!! ;)

Well, thats enough of my ramblings for now. Back to grinding and sanding. I hope you all like the pics. When it is done, I will BEG Amy to let me show the final product.

Bud

BUD, THAT'S SUPER COOL!!!

It looks great. I can't wait to see and purchase the final product. I would guess but there's no need to start that thread again.

AMY, PLEASE PLEASE let BUD tell us at least a hint.

Everyone else, let the begging begin........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT - added the following afterwards:

Bud, here is my fiirst model car I built around age 8 (Flintstone Mobile):

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT?pli=1

It looks great. I can't wait to see the final product. I would guess but there's no need to start that thread again.

i have begged for worse things, pleasssse let me see them, oops, i mean let have a hint.

wish i had the patience to do model work. pure talent do that stuff

michael

I know it's been asked before but I'll ask again. Are you guys hiring? I'm SURE you need an Environmental person with all that excess rubber on the asphalt, smoke in the air and cars that have to have a Gas Guzzler Tax must mean you need someone to keep track of the VOC's released from burning hydrocarbons. Heck, I'll count rocks in the parking lot!

I KNOW Vegas has some sort of endangered tortise or something that you guys just have to be threatening somehow......

I want to play with toys :(

I know it's been asked before but I'll ask again. Are you guys hiring? I'm SURE you need an Environmental person with all that excess rubber on the asphalt, smoke in the air and cars that have to have a Gas Guzzler Tax must mean you need someone to keep track of the VOC's released from burning hydrocarbons. Heck, I'll count rocks in the parking lot!

I KNOW Vegas has some sort of endangered tortise or something that you guys just have to be threatening somehow......

I want to play with toys :(

Barry...

I don't know about that whole job thingy. I see that you started hanging on this forum in March. I think there might have already been a line of us waiting for the same opportunity.

:blink: :D

Waiting for the die cast Shelby GT. Maybe it will hold me over until I get the real thing!

So am I!!!!!!!!!!!

Bud

It looks great. I can't wait to see and purchase the final product. I would guess but there's no need to start that thread again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT - added the following afterwards:

Bud, here is my fiirst model car I built around age 8 (Flintstone Mobile):

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT?pli=1

Hi all,

Thanks for the compliments. I figure that after about 80+ hours or so, she'll be done.

LOVE the Flintmobile!!!!!!!!

Adam, you still coming out on the 18th? Hope to meet you when you do. Not sure how much time I'll get to spend with you. My wife is coming into town that weekend too. Haven't seen her since Christmas. I might want to spend a little time with here too :D

Bud

Bud when you get the GT350 done please make sure you show us pics. And then make sure that Amy gets Ford to let you guys sell this direct so we dont have to deal with the j*ckass dealers some of us had to on the Shelby GT. Can I pre-order now??! ;)

Bud when you get the GT350 done please make sure you show us pics. And then make sure that Amy gets Ford to let you guys sell this direct so we dont have to deal with the j*ckass dealers some of us had to on the Shelby GT. Can I pre-order now??! ;)

Ok, I can honestly say it is NOT a GT350. It will be something else. It will be a ***CRACK**** sorry, I just got cracked over the knuckles with a ruler. Dang that smarts. Well, I guess I'll have to wait a little longer before I can say what it is. Sorry. Going to go and nurse my knuckles now :o

Bud

LOVE the Flintmobile!!!!!!!!

Adam, you still coming out on the 18th? Hope to meet you when you do. Not sure how much time I'll get to spend with you. My wife is coming into town that weekend too. Haven't seen her since Christmas. I might want to spend a little time with here too :D

Bud

Thanks Bud. You can see that it has taken a beating over the last 32 years, but I still proudly display that Flintmobile in my home office - right near my Shelby models.

Yes, I will be there next week (May 17-19) and am very much looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the team. I arrive Thursday afternoon and am planning to have dinner at the Stratosphere that evening. Are you available? I'd love it if you could make it.

What day does your wife arrive: Friday/Saturday? I remember you were talking about her coming soon. I'm really happy for both of you. I hope you'll be taking some well deserved and much needed time off of EVERYTHING to spend time with her. If so, we'll all reluctantly let you (after you finish our cars, of course) LOL. Just don't hurt yourself, we need you! I'm partly going to the Stratosphere Thursday night now, because knowing that you haven't seen your wife in months, I figure that building will fall down. :D

BTW, can I buy that prototype 1:18 scale model when you all are finished with it? I figure if I can't buy the prototype of the real car, maybe I can try for the model.

Archived