TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Premium Fuel

Shelby-Don

I know with the Shelby flash on the computer requires us to run premiuim fuel, but what octane do they recommend ? Where I live most gas stations offer 2 grades of unleaded regular (87 octane) and premium (89 octane), is the 89 octane OK ? There are few stations around that offer 3 grades with the highest being 91 octane. My question is will my car run fine on the 89 octane ? If not than my choice of gas stations has dropped to maybe 2 in the town I live in.

I know with the Shelby flash on the computer requires us to run premiuim fuel, but what octane do they recommend ? Where I live most gas stations offer 2 grades of unleaded regular (87 octane) and premium (89 octane), is the 89 octane OK ? There are few stations around that offer 3 grades with the highest being 91 octane. My question is will my car run fine on the 89 octane ? If not than my choice of gas stations has dropped to maybe 2 in the town I live in.

According to the manual, if you run below 91 octane it will void the warranty. With that being said, they would have to prove that you were running 89. The dealership I bought from actually filled up the car with 89 and it ran fine with no knocking or pinging but since then we have only 93 since 91 is not usually available in this area.

According to the manual, if you run below 91 octane it will void the warranty. With that being said, they would have to prove that you were running 89. The dealership I bought from actually filled up the car with 89 and it ran fine with no knocking or pinging but since then we have only 93 since 91 is not usually available in this area.

When you look at the inside of the gas door it says 91 octane. My car was purchased in california. Dont know if cars sold to different states say something different or not. Jonathan # 198

Archived