TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally!!!!!

Son of GT

So close, yet so far. :banghead: It arrived this Morning (07/15), about three days later than expected. Tardiness due to Union Pacific, exactly why is not known. Transport company (Hadley Trucking) had it in their system, but U.P. dragged their ass getting the rail car unloaded. I tracked that sucker every 8 hours or so through every town on the trains path since last Tuesday, but it still took forever to get the car into the railhead.

Regardless, I can't get the car until Monday because the dealer can't PDI the car until then. :banghead: And to make matters worse, the weather here this weekend is spot-on for a top down drive up the Coast. :banghead:

Two small issues with the car. Well one really, cuz I really don't care about the first one. The first issue is that I ordered the Vert with the Shaker 1000 system, but FoMoCo went ahead and installed the 500 without telling me. Like I said, I could care less. I'm just glad they built the car and didn't hold it up. I have a feeling that anyone who ordered a 500 vert with the Shaker 1000 won't get one installed in the begining as Ford can't get the speaker box to fit in the trunk of the 500. Go figure. The second issue I have is that the Factory Monroni sticker (otherwise known as the options sheet) was removed off of the passinger side window. I can get a duplicate of it from Ford, but it bugs me a little that it was taken off. According to the delivery driver, he said that almost every 500 that he has seen (only a handful so far) have had their Monroni sticker's removed.

Here's some pics for you. I was stoked that I was able to get pictures of it coming off of the car carrier. It's something that I really wanted for my files. If you can pull it off, I recommend getting the pictures. If you can't be there at the time of delivery, see if your salesman can snap a few on your behalf. Just drop off a camera and tell him or her to snap away!

post-4213-1153016703_thumb.jpg post-4213-1153016758_thumb.jpg post-4213-1153016792_thumb.jpg post-4213-1153016837_thumb.jpg post-4213-1153016887_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1153016973_thumb.jpg post-4213-1153017033_thumb.jpg post-4213-1153017078_thumb.jpg post-4213-1153017125_thumb.jpg post-4213-1153017274_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1153016703_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1153016758_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1153016792_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1153016837_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1153016887_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1153016973_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1153017033_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1153017078_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1153017125_thumb.jpg

post-4213-1153017274_thumb.jpg

So close, yet so far. :banghead: It came it this Morning (07/15), about three days later than expected. Tardiness due to Union Pacific, exactly why is not known. Transport company (Hadley Trucking) had it in their system, but U.P. dragged their ass getting the rail car unloaded. I tracked that sucker every 8 hours or so through every town on the trains path since last Tuesday, but it still took forever to get the car into the railhead.

Regardless, I can't get the car until Monday because the dealer can't PDI the car until then. :banghead: And to make matters worse, the weather here this weekend is spot on for a top down drive up the Coast. :banghead:

Two issues with the car. Well one really, cuz I really don't care about the first one. The first issue is that I ordered the Vert with the Shaker 1000 system, but FoMoCo went ahead and installed the 500 without telling me. Like I said, I could care less. I'm just glad they built the car and didn't hold it up. I doubt that anyone who ordered a 500 vert will get a 1000 system in the begining.

Here's some pics for you. I was stoked that I was able to get pictures of it coming off of the car carrier. It's something that I really wanted for my files. If you can pull it off, I recommend getting the pictures.

Where are the pics? :shrug:

CONGRATS. You must have been really excited as you posted this thread 5 times lol. I would have done the same :) . Cant wait to see the pics and I really really hope you take the day off to enjoy her :)

Roger

Congratulations also.... I'm guessing you are using a dial up connection after see the same topic like...well too many times. Have fun & look forward to seeing the pictures. :bandance:

Sorry guys. I didn't know that was happening. I am on a DSL connection, but I can't explain why I could not get the pics to post up before or why the topic posted multiple times. But everything seems to be okay now. I hope that you enjoy the pictures, and you can bet there will be more posted after I get my hands on the car mid-morning Monday!

Sorry guys. I didn't know that was happening. I am on a DSL connection, but I can't explain why I could not get the pics to post up before or why the topic posted multiple times. But everything seems to be okay now. I hope that you enjoy the pictures, and you can bet there will be more posted after I get my hands on the car mid-morning Monday!

Still no pics!!! :doh: But I am more interested in how she :shift:

Son of GT, did you say you live in So. Cal.? :party:

TAKE THE DAY OFF AND ENJOY IT FOR ALL OF US WITH P.S.D.S. :victory:

Still no pics!!! :doh: But I am more interested in how she :shift:

Son of GT, did you say you live in So. Cal.? :party:

TAKE THE DAY OFF AND ENJOY IT FOR ALL OF US WITH P.S.D.S. :victory:

Pics are posted!!! And yes, you can bet your ass that's I'm going to take the day off and drive, drive, DRIVE!

:shift::shift::shift:

Wow. You're so Lucky to have gotten those Pics! Did the Dealership call you when the Carrier arrived?

It's too bad you couldn't have gotten a Dealer Plate, taken Her home with you and returned Her on Monday for the PDI!

Cheers!! :beerchug:

Thank you, and cheers to you too! :beerchug: The dealership didn't have a chance to call. What happened was that I had been in contact with the Transport company's dispatchers who I befriended, so they helped me out and got my car expedited from the railyard to the dealership. The funny thing was that when I arrived at the dealership this morning, the sales manager told me that I was too early because the car was due to arrive Sunday night and not today. I advised her that respectfully, she was mistaken and that the car was in transit and would be arriving within the hour. Although she was polite, her body lanugage revealed to me that she thought that I was full of crap. I asked the salesman where they accepted their new car deliveries, and he pointed right to the front of the dealership. Perfect. I walked across the street and ordered breakfast at a great little coffee shop there, but could only get in a few bites before I saw the truck pull up in front of the dealership with a beautful bright orange GT500 on the bottom shelf, last car position. I jumped up, paid the bill, made a beeline for the truck, pulled out my camera and started snapping pics. But the one thing that the shots don't reveal is that the delivery driver had to coast the 500 off of the ramps because the car would not start. :banghead: No gas. The driver said that Ford is delivering the cars on near empty to discourage joy riding in the railyard. So we pushed the car into the dealership where I took some more pictures.

I can't wait until mid-day Monday.

Guest evilchris

Two small issues with the car. Well one really, cuz I really don't care about the first one. The first issue is that I ordered the Vert with the Shaker 1000 system, but FoMoCo went ahead and installed the 500 without telling me. Like I said, I could care less. I'm just glad they built the car and didn't hold it up. I have a feeling that anyone who ordered a 500 vert with the Shaker 1000 won't get one installed in the begining as Ford can't get the speaker box to fit in the trunk of the 500.

That's acutally not the problem. The Shaker 1000 fits easily into a Mustang vert. The GT500's trunk is no different. The problem is the weight exceeds some magic number Ford can't exceed to sell the car in its class.

That's acutally not the problem. The Shaker 1000 fits easily into a Mustang vert. The GT500's trunk is no different. The problem is the weight exceeds some magic number Ford can't exceed to sell the car in its class.

Yes, I think you are correct. The speaker box pushes the weight of the vert over the top of the CAFE (Corporate Avarage Fuel Economy) limit so FoMoCo wants to avoid the federal penalties. So no Shaker 1000 systems for the Vert.

Anybody have any feedback on how the cars drive / handle / is the interior comfortable ?

I see lots of stuff about speakers - By the way the Shaker 1000 has a wiring problem in the vert, its nothing to do with speaker box sizes. My dealer told me that he got a letter from Ford months ago telling him not to even take orders of a vert/shaker 1000 combo.

Thank you, and cheers to you too! :beerchug: The dealership didn't have a chance to call. What happened was that I had been in contact with the Transport company's dispatchers who I befriended, so they helped me out and got my car expedited from the railyard to the dealership. The funny thing was that when I arrived at the dealership this morning, the sales manager told me that I was too early because the car was due to arrive Sunday night and not today. I advised her that respectfully, she was mistaken and that the car was in transit and would be arriving within the hour. Although she was polite, her body lanugage revealed to me that she thought that I was full of crap. I asked the salesman where they accepted their new car deliveries, and he pointed right to the front of the dealership. Perfect. I walked across the street and ordered breakfast at a great little coffee shop there, but could only get in a few bites before I saw the truck pull up in front of the dealership with a beautful bright orange GT500 on the bottom shelf, last car position. I jumped up, paid the bill, made a beeline for the truck, pulled out my camera and started snapping pics. But the one thing that the shots don't reveal is that the delivery driver had to coast the 500 off of the ramps because the car would not start. :banghead: No gas. The driver said that Ford is delivering the cars on near empty to discourage joy riding in the railyard. So we pushed the car into the dealership where I took some more pictures.

I can't wait until mid-day Monday.

I dunno...sceptical me thinks the railyard guys used up that two gallons :)

congrats on that new ride- thats GOTTA be a blast.

Yes, I think you are correct. The speaker box pushes the weight of the vert over the top of the CAFE (Corporate Avarage Fuel Economy) limit so FoMoCo wants to avoid the federal penalties. So no Shaker 1000 systems for the Vert.

I thought for sure you'd be out driving that COBRA :shift:

then getting back to us with the juicy details :spiteful:

MINE GOT PUSHED TO THE END TO THE MONTH "JULY"

Mine is in the showroom (sweet #16 off the line), because I am not in town to pick it up till next week...same issue with the Shaker 1000. In hindsight, the extra trunk room will come in handy. I told the dealer that if someone crosses the ropes, just shoot them!

Archived