TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So how much did I spend? How much did you spend?

Flyingbadgers2001

Well, after reading the following post about how much the parts cost to build a s CS6/CS8 I wanted to get a figure on how much I spent on my project. Now bear in mind in my estimate I included everything from getting an extra spare key made and coded to a full on wheel alignment. I sat down and looked over all my invoices and statements and receipts and concluded I spent around $38,335.00 and that's including the car and all the taxes and licensing and financing. That's also including the outsourced work for the paint and body shop by Custom Painted Vehicles, the stripes being installed by Auto Trim Design. The Ford Racing ceramic coated headers to the Steeda under-drive pulley to Carroll Shelby's' signature on the dash. The difference between the parts and labor and the Mustang is as follows: 2005 Mustang GT, $21,050.00 + $3911.00 in finance charges = $24961.00 Shelby & other parts/tools labor = $13,374.00. Now you would note that by following my progress on this forum or on the SHELBYMUSTANG Yahoo Group that all the mods that I made would make my Mustang equal or slightly better than the Shelby GT, which I think sells for around 48k? Also, I want to point out that I have not installed a supercharger yet. This additional expense I will entertain by years end. As it stands right now, I am very satisfied with the results. I started this as a Winter project and my goal was to have it ready by Spring and today it is drivable and viewable. What more can I ask for?

Side note: For whats its worth, The guy at the AutoZone store thought my Mustang was worth $80,000.00 :lol: :D Now thats Priceless! B)

• 2 months later...

The difference between the parts and labor and the Mustang is as follows: 2005 Mustang GT, $21,050.00 + $3911.00 in finance charges = $24961.00 Shelby & other parts/tools labor = $13,374.00. Now you would note that by following my progress on this forum or on the SHELBYMUSTANG Yahoo Group that all the mods that I made would make my Mustang equal or slightly better than the Shelby GT, which I think sells for around 48k?

The Shelby GT is $7300 + $1000 GG Tax, more than what ever the GT came out to. In my case, with everything, including navigation, my SGT came to $41,100 but the majority come in just under $40K.

The Shelby GT is $7300 + $1000 GG Tax, more than what ever the GT came out to. In my case, with everything, including navigation, my SGT came to $41,100 but the majority come in just under $40K.

He's right and reality the cs6 without the sc equals the shelby gt without the sc. Therefore you have two cars that are fairly close in performance and price but the difference is:

1. Warranty (GT = yes; cs6 = no)

2. Possible Ability

3. Time to achieve each (GT = on the lot; cs6 = months)

4. Headache possibilities (both have but cs6 have FAR more)

Don't get me wrong because I'm slowly building my version of a cs8 just because I want a shelby but I want to design and personally modify it. So for me I'm willing to deal but if you are really doing a cost analysis the cs6 loses ... imo badly. Just my vote though!

He's right and reality the cs6 without the sc equals the shelby gt without the sc. Therefore you have two cars that are fairly close in performance and price but the difference is:

1. Warranty (GT = yes; cs6 = no)

2. Possible Ability

3. Time to achieve each (GT = on the lot; cs6 = months)

4. Headache possibilities (both have but cs6 have FAR more)

Don't get me wrong because I'm slowly building my version of a cs8 just because I want a shelby but I want to design and personally modify it. So for me I'm willing to deal but if you are really doing a cost analysis the cs6 loses ... imo badly. Just my vote though!

I was at a Ford dealership in Brookfield, WI on Saturday which was also a car show for Ford cars only and there was a Shelby GT there and the sticker was 32k and with added mark up it was going for $47,000.00

So if you find a SGT for 40-41k then kudos to you.

I was at a Ford dealership in Brookfield, WI on Saturday which was also a car show for Ford cars only and there was a Shelby GT there and the sticker was 32k and with added mark up it was going for $47,000.00

So if you find a SGT for 40-41k then kudos to you.

LOL anyone can find a SGT for that in fact one of the people on the forums sells them for under that and it is so easy to do. In fact I went to a dealership last week and was looking at one while my car was being worked on and they tried to sell it to me for like 38,900. So trust me that's easy now finding a GT500 for MSRP is quite difficult!

Archived