TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 2008 Production Numbers

:( Harley6.0,

There are 2 Blk 500s in Memphis,one vert at crossroads ford on Summer Ave.The vert has been there so long they put aftermarket chrome wheels trying to git rid if it .( been there a while,) one hard top at Dobbs ford on on 64Hwy just sits there .Blk /white stripes.Also they have a SGT Blk sitting in the rain on the lot? its an auto trans.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:( Harley6.0,

There are 2 Blk 500s in Memphis,one vert at crossroads ford on Summer Ave.The vert has been there so long they put aftermarket chrome wheels trying to git rid if it .( been there a while,) one hard top at Dobbs ford on on 64Hwy just sits there .Blk /white stripes.Also they have a SGT Blk sitting in the rain on the lot? its an auto trans.

1ST500, thanks for the info and call.

Here is the one at Crossroads Ford, I just talked to sales Mngr. They are very happy with it sitting on their floor. Great foot traffic for them. He won't sell it without a very good retail deal. I TRIED to buy it.

thanks for the heads up though........I'll keep looking for the great deal!!

randy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vehicle Description VIN 1ZVHT89S575 306862

MUSTANG 2007 SHELBY CONV

5.4L SC 4V V8 ENGINE

6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION Exterior

BLACK CLEARCOAT

Interior

DARK CHARCOAL NO GRAIN MINI PERF LEATHER

Standard Equipment INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE

EXTERIOR

. 18" X 9.5" BRIGHT MACHINED

ALUM WHEELS

. UNIQ SHELBY GT500 BADGING

. BLACK CONVERTIBLE TOP

PREMIUM CLOTH

. UNIQUE ALUMINUM HOOD

WITH AIR EXTRACTORS

. REAR DECKLID SPOILER

. FOG LAMPS

. REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER

INTERIOR

. SPORT BUCKET SEATS

WITH EMBOSSED COBRA LOGO

. SHAKER 500 AUDIO SYSTEM

AM/FM W/ CDX6 & MP3

. LIGHT-TONED CLUSTER GAUGES

INCL BOOST GAUGE

. AIR CONDITIONING

. SVT TUNED SUSPENSION

. BREMBO FRONT BRAKES

14" VENTED DISC & CALIPER

. 6-SPD TREMEC MANUAL TRANS

. DUAL TUNED STAINLESS STEEL

X-PIPE EXHAUST

. HIGH PERFORMANCE TIRES

FRONT P255/45ZR18

REAR P285/40ZR18

SAFETY/SECURITY

. ABS/TRACTION CONTROL

. 2ND GEN DUAL FRONT AIRBAGS

. SIDE-MOUNTED AIRBAGS

DRIVER & FRONT PASS SEATS

. REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY

. LATCH CHILD SAFETY SYSTEM

. 24 HR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE

WARRANTY

. 3YR/36000 BUMPER TO BUMPER

. 5YR/60,000 POWERTRAIN

Price Information MSRP

STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $45,755

Key Standard Equipment

ORDER CODE 850A-SHELBY CONV

DRIVER & PASSENGER AIR BAGS

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES

TRACTION CONTROL

POWER 6-WAY DRIVER'S SEAT

MANUAL AIR CONDITIONING

ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM

Optional Equipment

2007 MODEL YEAR

BLACK CLEARCOAT

BLACK W/BLACK ACCENT LTHR

.5.4L SC 4V V8 ENGINE

.6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

.P255/45/R18 FRT 285/40R18 RR

JOB #2 ORDER

CLOTH BLACK CONVERTIBLE ROOF

*** GAS GUZZLER TAX *** 1,300

SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC 195

GT500 PREMIER TRIM PACKAGE 595

SHELBY TUNGSTEN TAPE STRIPE

TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 47,845

DESTINATION & DELIVERY 745

TOTAL MSRP $48,590 + $15K Over

A Ford dealer in Birmingham has 3 new Shelbys. 1 coupe at $8,000 over (sticker is $43,600), so it can be bought for $51,600. Or 2 Conv. priced at $10k over ($58,800). A mile away a dealer has a used coupe advertised for $56,900.

A Ford dealer in Birmingham has 3 new Shelbys. 1 coupe at $8,000 over (sticker is $43,600), so it can be bought for $51,600. Or 2 Conv. priced at $10k over ($58,800). A mile away a dealer has a used coupe advertised for $56,900.

Again who are you going to put your faith in? The car sales men who benefits from high ADM's and wants to encourage a rush to buy so they can make tons of money.

Sorry anyone who has affiliation with selling the car has a vested interest in pumping out slighted information.

Facts: Right now their is a lack of supply to satiate demand. The 2008's are just starting to trickle into dealerships now. Give it a few months and see where prices are.

Inflation will cause a small increase in price (as msrp has increased), Yet I am very certain that you will only see prices for the GT500 decline in the ADM area. It is human nature to want a good deal and if people are getting MSRP then others are going to want it as well. Some are already getting MSRP so the trend is approaching that.

Other factors Camero and Challenger will only help to shrink demand of the GT500 and thus increase supply.

Tell me where the depressed markets are, I will buy those cars. PLEASE TELL ME...

give me your fax # and I will send you a copy of the check we wrote to a dealer for $10 over.

I sent a $55060.00 $10k over check out on 5/25/07 still waiting on car from Ford drop ship.

randy

Maybe you need to learn how to read. I DID NOT say markets were depressed. I said prices are coming down, and they are. You stated that a car was "just listed and sold in less than one day at $10K over". All I asked was how can these transactions be verified. You're taking this way too personally.

Dreaming? No it is called being a smart consumer. Your a dealer so let's see you rank right up their with umm Lawyer's and Politician's right?

Sorry, but when it comes down to the price on cars and where the market is going a car dealer is the last person I want to hear predictions from. I mean seriously what car dealership is going to say wait and the price will come down. No the dealer always plays the buy now before its to late card. There could be 500 cars sitting on his lot and he is gonna say there are only a few left (just to get sales)

Yeah I hit a lot of forum's where I dig for information and see other people's opinions. Seeing dealers posting on here saying crap that is totally unfounded to potential buyers is what makes me sick. To be perfectly honest most of the dealers know less about what Ford is doing than the consumer.

I don't sell cars, I sell hamburgers. Arguably, you may have a point for 2008 and perhaps more so for 2009 if Ford builds GT500's in 09. The fact is nobody knows what will happen with price, it's all speculation. Recent history on this car is clear. Those predicting MSRP on a Shelby GT500 in the summer of 06 by the spring of 07 were dead wrong, and those predicting MSRP for the remaining cars in 2007 model year are going to be just as wrong. Again, do the math, there just aren't that many cars left. In two months, there will be no 2007's left to debate MSRP.

For many paying ADM to guarantee a new 2007 Shelby GT500 (the 40th anniversary) has nothing to do with being a smart consumer. That can be a very relative term. Paying ADM is being a smart consumer for many that have sufficient disposable income to own one of these cars. They actually become consumers versus being bystanders.

I think the root word of consumer is consume. You can't consume something you don't have. Smart shopper would probably be a more accurate description for those waiting for prices to come down. When you shop you don't necessarily have to buy. You can window shop. You can look for something that you want and if it priced to high you can wait and hope that it will go on sale at some point in the future. Many times it does go on sale. Sometimes, it gets sold out and you can't buy it on sale, sort of like the 2007 Shelby GT500. I guess smart shopper is also a relative term. The point is, one is not necessarily smarter for waiting.

Maybe you need to learn how to read. I DID NOT say markets were depressed. I said prices are coming down, and they are. You stated that a car was "just listed and sold in less than one day at $10K over". All I asked was how can these transactions be verified. You're taking this way too personally.

NO I AM not taking this way too personally, I AM TELLING YOU HOW IT "IS" .............not how It might be or what might happen...or.....next Dec...Blah..Blah..Blah..

DID I NOT ASK YOU to give me your fax #................for a copy of an actual check that was sent within the last 1 1/2 months............or do you think this CAR SALESMAN will just go make up a FAKE check.

and yes I can read, I was answering your post plus all the 100's of restated posts that are all over the forums:

I spoke with a used car dealer today about the GT 500 pricing and he pulled out a car magazine with the new Camero on the front cover and said just wait till the new Camero and Challanger come out and the market will have those of us wanting the latest and greatest cars chasing these.

The GT 500 market will drop and you will be able to buy, I predict they will not hold the ADM values and will eventually get down to MSRP. We will be getting close to market saturation with this model year.The problem is buyers and we set the price as Micheal has said many times, supply vs demand, but competition for these high performance car dollars is on the way and some that paid high ADMs may end up with a bad taste in their mouth.

Just my thoughts,,,,,,,,,,,,

GG

another good one from a "child"

Dreaming? No it is called being a smart consumer. Your a dealer so let's see you rank right up their with umm Lawyer's and Politician's right? Sorry, but when it comes down to the price on cars and where the market is going a car dealer is the last person I want to hear predictions from. I mean seriously what car dealership is going to say wait and the price will come down. No the dealer always plays the buy now before its to late card. There could be 500 cars sitting on his lot and he is gonna say there are only a few left (just to get sales)

Yeah I hit a lot of forum's where I dig for information and see other people's opinions. Seeing dealers posting on here saying crap that is totally unfounded to potential buyers is what makes me sick. To be perfectly honest most of the dealers know less about what Ford is doing than the consumer.

Zan..........I have forgot More than you will ever know.........

And there will not be a GT500 for 2009.......it won't happen.

I'm done.

after my first 2 weeks on this forum i gave up debating the MSRP and ADM. the consumer makes the price NOT the dealer. if we made the price they would all sale for 100k or more, but thats not what the market is doing. are the GT500s coming down? they have seemed to drop some, but with the 07 drying up and the 08s slowing coming in who knows what will happen to the price. if you wait you might get a great deal or you might end up not getting a GT500 at all, but that is YOUR choice. you snooze you loose. i quit having this debate because it almost always turned personnel. randy and i could take offense comparing us to lawyers and politicians, but im very proud of what i do and im sure Randy is too. never will understand why folks get upset when a car salesmen makes a living, but everyone else can make money however they want and its OK.

Randy i agree with everything except calling GG a child. hes a real good fellow.

Michael Morris

after my first 2 weeks on this forum i gave up debating the MSRP and ADM. the consumer makes the price NOT the dealer. if we made the price they would all sale for 100k or more, but thats not what the market is doing. are the GT500s coming down? they have seemed to drop some, but with the 07 drying up and the 08s slowing coming in who knows what will happen to the price. if you wait you might get a great deal or you might end up not getting a GT500 at all, but that is YOUR choice. you snooze you loose. i quit having this debate because it almost always turned personnel. randy and i could take offense comparing us to lawyers and politicians, but im very proud of what i do and im sure Randy is too. never will understand why folks get upset when a car salesmen makes a living, but everyone else can make money however they want and its OK.

Randy i agree with everything except calling GG a child. hes a real good fellow.

Michael Morris

MM the child remark is/was for Zan186...he came over from another forum where we went through this already.

sorry randy

MM the child remark is/was for Zan186...he came over from another forum where we went through this already.

sorry randy

just wanted you to know that i was on your side, but im not going to debate this subject anymore. its almost always us scum bucket car guys against the poor old consumer thats barely getting by. GG and i have had this debate and he hes a great guy and i didnt want him getting ran over.

good luck Randy

michael morris

just wanted you to know that i was on your side, but im not going to debate this subject anymore. its almost always us scum bucket car guys against the poor old consumer thats barely getting by. GG and i have had this debate and he hes a great guy and i didnt want him getting ran over.

good luck Randy

michael morris

Thanks MM,

I had you involved here so I could grab those 2 GT500's in TN.

I have more customers than cars. I spend 5-6 hours a day calling

and searching other dealers.

ps...if you get a GT500 around invoice or $500 over, let me know I need/what 1 for myself.

I will be a Customer For Life. ;)

randy

Thanks MM,

I had you involved here so I could grab those 2 GT500's in TN.

I have more customers than cars. I spend 5-6 hours a day calling

and searching other dealers.

ps...if you get a GT500 around invoice or $500 over, let me know I need/what 1 for myself.

I will be a Customer For Life. ;)

randy

you will be the first i call...after ME.

Michael Morris

you will be the first i call...after ME.

Michael Morris

as long as were putting dibs in i'll take an '08 500 black/white. oh yea i'm an employee too! ok so that don't matter i know but i still want one.

i could have bought it. the grabber orange was the first car (we thought only) we got in. we sold it for 15k over sticker. i didnt think it was fair for me to buy the car at invoice when the dealership could make the profit. im a company kind of guy. i did order just in case we didnt sell it. my color and options. grabber orange with tungsten stripes. great color combo and pretty rare.

michael morris

NO I AM not taking this way too personally, I AM TELLING YOU HOW IT "IS" .............not how It might be or what might happen...or.....next Dec...Blah..Blah..Blah..

DID I NOT ASK YOU to give me your fax #................for a copy of an actual check that was sent within the last 1 1/2 months............or do you think this CAR SALESMAN will just go make up a FAKE check.

and yes I can read, I was answering your post plus all the 100's of restated posts that are all over the forums:

another good one from a "child"

Zan..........I have forgot More than you will ever know.........

And there will not be a GT500 for 2009.......it won't happen.

I'm done.

lol I sincerly doubt that. And the expression which is used mostly by freshly graduated medical/dental grad's is "I have forgotten more than you will ever learn" If your going to use the expression at least get it right.

I am not going to get into a pissing contest with you as it just isn't worth my time.

However, I will state once again that you as a salesmen are pushing to sell and your opinions are biased.

Anyone that has a little bit of education and some smarts can see the market is depreciating.

good luck Randy

michael morris

Been off the forum for a couple of days, glad to see Michael had my back, I believe in my post I backed up what the dealers are saying, we determine the market price. I didn't take it personally, I expressed an opinion that I think the price will trend down also, I base this on watching sales on e-bay and failure to meet reserve prices.

I thought Ford committed to an 09 GT 500 in one of the automotive magazines. I certainly agree these debates should not be personal. Forums are for expressing thoughts and making friends.

Dealer info gives you insight into the car business, that is, in my opinion complex for us folks that don't work in it. Dealers are business people that make a living selling cars, I've even forgiven Micheal for selling my GT 500 black red stripe package after putting down an arm & leg deposit, heck, he wouldn't even take rights to my next born child. Lets Chill !!!

My suggestion, " Breathing, Smooth, & Rythmic" as always, just my thoughts........ :D :D

GG

Been off the forum for a couple of days, glad to see Michael had my back, I believe in my post I backed up what the dealers are saying, we determine the market price. I didn't take it personally, I expressed an opinion that I think the price will trend down also, I base this on watching sales on e-bay and failure to meet reserve prices.

I thought Ford committed to an 09 GT 500 in one of the automotive magazines. I certainly agree these debates should not be personal. Forums are for expressing thoughts and making friends.

Dealer info gives you insight into the car business, that is, in my opinion complex for us folks that don't work in it. Dealers are business people that make a living selling cars, I've even forgiven Micheal for selling my GT 500 black red stripe package after putting down an arm & leg deposit, heck, he wouldn't even take rights to my next born child. Lets Chill !!!

My suggestion, " Breathing, Smooth, & Rythmic" as always, just my thoughts........ :D :D

GG

My appology for agressive comments. However, when you look up the survey's on who the public trusts and who they don't the most trusted are Pharmacists followed by Dentists as number 1 and 2 most respected and trusted, while at the other end of the spectrum is Used Car Salesman, Lawyer and most dispicalbe the Politician.

That is about as far as I will go with a retraction.

Ohh and to combat the buy now or it might be too late. That is the biggest line of horse#$% you will ever hear. You might miss the opportunity to buy a brand new one, but you will be able to get one previously owned (as the dealers like to call it). Lot of people buying these cars can't afford them and end up selling them 6 months to a year later.

As I said earlier be patient. Ford is releasing 10k or so more cars. It is in your favor to hold on to your money as long as possible. Even in a relatively modest Online Savings account like HSBC at 5.2% will strongly be in your benefit. At $50,000 you will earn a little more than $250 bucks a month just on interest.

Just waiting until October will save you $1000 of interest. The dealers don't make money on the car while it sits. They don't make interest either. If they have it on consignment they lose money having it on their lot.

If they bought the car, they are loosing money by not having it invested.

As for the car shooting back up in price at the end of the run, I call BS! Sorry Used GT500's will keep that from happening. Just too many of them being produced to justify a steep climb again in price. If the 2008 didnt come out then possibly.

Your absolutely right that everything is speculation and the consumer has a very large say in the finally pricing of the vehicle. The consumer is speaking right now! Not many are purchasing vehicles with a $7,000 ADM. That in itself tells a ton about the market. I know for a fact that I could get an 07 for $8,000 over MSRP at 5 or 6 Dealerships in the Northeast without any bartering. Bartering I could probably get to $6000 over. Spitzer is selling his for 8k over and they aren't moving.

From what I see and the people I have talked to project November 07 the time to buy.

ZAN

i dont care what you do for a living, but when you keep attacking what i do is crap. not all carsalesmen a lairs and cheats and you CANT trust all dentists. i put in a previous post when someone doesnt have something to add to the conversion they start attacking the other person. im glad you have joined this forum, but you have added NOTHING. all you have done is attacked car guys. great we know that you arent going to buy a GT500 for over sticker. SO WHAT. no one cares. if a guy wants to buy one at 15k over its his money. if he wants to buy one at cost thats fine to. time will tell what these cars are going to do. when the new Tbird came out they were bringing a ton over sticker. then it got where you couldnt give them away. guess what? now you can hardly buy one they are so far out of book. will the GT500 do that? again no one knows. thank you for you thoughts on what the cars are going to do, but dont attack what i do. you dont know me or how i handle customers. my morals or my ethics.

michael morris

Zan,

Been sitting here reading your crap and critisim for the past week and holding my tongue....no more! Lay off the car guys, they are in business to make money just like everyone else. I'm not a dealer...but as for mark up goes do you know the % mark up on prescription meds...200-300% just a guess (not a pharmacist), and a pharmacist is one of the top two trusted people in the US?! Let's get off of the pissing contest with the sales guys and be thankful that they are able to bring them to the public market and sell them. If someone wants a toy bad enough money is usually not an option! If you can get it at cost great, if supply and demand creates a sale over cost then that's how it is. Who cares about what the other guy paid, who cares what the other guy is marking up the price for, let's be thankful that we are able to buy something as awesome as these cars. Let's get back to what this forum is about, talking about our Shelbys, learning about them and making friends, not creating a cancer you like seem to be trying to do. Trust me and think about it, hey, according to you I am one of the two most trusted people in the US! ;)

They are legit transactions. They happen everyday. Dealers selling to dealers. Usually a dealer located in an area where they feel they have no market for this particular car. Another dealer in a hot market that has buyers willing to pay will snatch it up.

How can this be verified? It can't by you unless you take Harley up by letting him fax you proof that he offered to do.

I can verify it by seeing the car was transferred from the selling dealer's inventory to the buying dealer's inventory.

Just like Spitzer Ford everyone complains about. All those GT500's they have came from other dealers. I can verify that by pulling up the invoice on the car. The invoice shows the dealer the car was sold to by Ford. The window sticker does as well.

Look at the window sticker on any cars you see. It shows the dealer's name on it. If the name is different from the dealer that has the car you know they bought it from another dealer.

As for $5K over being the norm. It is far from the norm. Hearing about a handful of people that got one for $5K over hardly represents what the norm is.

Right now there is just over 1,000 07 GT500's left. That number has been going down by about 35 per day over the last 3 days. At that rate they will be gone within 30 days. And a 1,000 is only about a one month supply which is about the average number that has sold every month since they came out.

There are a few MSRP and $5K over deals being made on the 08. Those are deals that buyers are getting that have been on a dealer's waiting list since early 07 before this car came out. There was a handful of dealers that sold these for MSRP and $5K over and agreed to sell their 08's for that as well to customers they have had waiting on for over a year.

The norm is still in the $10K - $15K over range. Some a lot higher and some a little lower. But the over all average is still in the $10K - $15K range.

Why would a dealer sell to another dealer for $10K over rather than sell to a customer that wants the car to enjoy? Simple! They don't have a customer willing to pay the $10K over, that's why. If they did they would sell it to their customer.

If YOU were a dealer what would YOU do???? Sell it for a lot less or sell it for as much as you can get?

If a total stranger on the street walked up to you and said, hey, I could really use $10K bucks! Will you give it to me? What would you do? You would tell him to get lost! That is no different here. Why would a dealer just give $10K dollars away to a total stranger because they expect to get something for nothing? Especially when there is another DEALER that will give them the $10K???

Why would a dealer just give away $10K to even a customer of theirs? Just so that customer can turn around and sell it and make the $10K?? Do you know how many times that has happened already with this car? Where a dealer sold the car at MSRP to a GOOD customer and their GOOD customer took the car and sold it to another DEALER for $10K more than they paid for it? Quite a few! This is another reason dealers stopped selling to the GOOD customers for a lower price! To moany of those GOOD customers turned around and sold them to someone else and made the profit instead of the dealer!

Remember seeing all the ebay listings from sellers that were selling their RIGHTS to buy one for MSRP??? When this car first came out there was quite a few people that had MSRP deals tied up before the car came out and they were selling the car before it ever came in so they could make the $10K - $20K profit on it instead of the dealer that sold it them for MSRP, all because they were a so called GOOD customer!

There were dealers that were calling dealers asking if they could get a copy of the invoice on the car they sold to so and so because they just bought it from them!

As for Ford thinking if this car was worth $75K then they would have priced it for that, well guess what? They WERE talking about pricing it between $75K - $85K. Then they backed off and kept it at the price they did price it at, which is still about $5K more than they said at the auto shows. Remember? They said $40K on the coupe and $45K on the convertible. It came out at almost $5K more. They also knew the dealers would be adding huge mark ups. So that may be part of the reason they didn't price it at the $75K - $85K they were talking about pricing it at.

BTW, if Ford thought their cars were worth invoice or below they would have priced the MSRP at that as well! Everyone crys that this should be MSRP and no one should pay over that because that is what Ford says it is worth. Well what about all the other cars they sell???? They priced those at MSRP because that is what they say they are worth, yet 99% of the buyers will refuse to pay the MSRP! But that is OK to buy them for less but not OK to buy them for more???? Can we say, hypocrites!

We cry about the hottest selling vehicle on the market that has more demand than supply over dealers marking them up 25% - 30% yet we seem to have no problem with buying furniture, jewelry, starbucks, etc, that is all marked up by 300% or more! Amazing!

When you go to any store and shop and when you fill your carts with everything you want to buy and get to the checkout, do you demand to see the invoice cost on all the merchandise you are buying so you can dictate to the store what you are going to pay or what you feel is a fair price to pay based on what they paid for it??? Why not?

Only in the car business where you pay $25K - $50K for a product and think the dealer should be happy to make a $100 profit! You pay the State more in sales tax than you do the dealer in gross profit!!! Now what is wrong with that picture?

Buy a $50K car and at 7% tax you pay the State $3,500 profit in taxes for absolutely NOTHING, and cry that a dealer is a crook for making $500 off of it!

The manufacturing has absolutely NOTHING to do with pricing on vehicles! Nada! Zip! The MSRP they put on vehicles is nothing more than a SUGGESTED price and the ONLY reason they even put that on there is because they are required to put a MSRP price on the vehicle by law! Otherwise the manufacturer would not even list a price on the vehicle! Dealers would price them instead at whatever they want.

Manufacturers put a SUGGESTED price on every product on the market, yet you can go to 50 different retailers and get 50 different prices because the retailers are allowed to price it at whatever they want and the manufacturer does not put a price on it because they are not required to by law like they are in the auto industry!

The only difference between the car business VS any other business is with the car business the consumer gets full disclosure on what the manufacturer labels the SUGGESTED retail price at, where all other manufacturers do not have to disclose that and you are stuck with whatever the retailer puts on it as their MSRP price! Which is usually grossly over stated!

Bottom line, if you don't like the price don't buy it! Simple! All the crying in the world about dealers are greedy, crooks, scum, slim balls, etc.....isn't going to change a thing. This is the way it has always been and the way it will always be. At least with dealers you at least get to see what the SUGGESTED retail price is and know exactly how much mark up or less you are paying. You don't get that disclosure in any other business. They only thing you get is to know that Walmart might be 50 cents cheaper on this brand of cereal than Kmart is! But what did they really pay for it? What is the real suggested retail price?

What does that $4.50 cup of coffee at starbucks really cost? How much value is there in that 20 cents worth of grounds and 12 ounces of water???? Over 2200% mark up! Talk about paying ADM's! Yet people don't blink an eye keep going back everyday paying their $4.50 for their 20 cents worth of product! Yeah, I know. It is only $4.50. Not the same as paying $45K. You are correct. At least when you pay $45K for a $45K product you are getting $45K worth of product for your $45K spent. Unlike paying $4.50 for only 20 cents worth of product!

Look at the medical proffession! Talk about ADM's! 8000% mark ups!

You'll pay a realtor 6% to sell a $200K - $500K home where they make $12k - $30k commission and cry over a dealer making 1% gross profit on a $40K car! Then years of giving everything away at little to no profit a hot product comes along where dealers can actually make something off getting one or two of those for the entire year everyone cries what a bunch of dishonest crooks! Amazing!

If you like it, buy it. If you don't, then don't buy it! Move on and get a life!

When the Challenger and Camero comes out they will have big ADM's as well! So then you can decide on which $60K car you want. The 500HP, 425HP, or 400HP! Which one will you want for the $20K ADM??? At least one will be limited to two years and have the most HP VS the other two that are suppose to be mass produced for a number of years into the future! At least two of those will be able to be bought for MSRP and less after the first year! ;)

ZAN

i dont care what you do for a living, but when you keep attacking what i do is crap. not all carsalesmen a lairs and cheats and you CANT trust all dentists. i put in a previous post when someone doesnt have something to add to the conversion they start attacking the other person. im glad you have joined this forum, but you have added NOTHING. all you have done is attacked car guys. great we know that you arent going to buy a GT500 for over sticker. SO WHAT. no one cares. if a guy wants to buy one at 15k over its his money. if he wants to buy one at cost thats fine to. time will tell what these cars are going to do. when the new Tbird came out they were bringing a ton over sticker. then it got where you couldnt give them away. guess what? now you can hardly buy one they are so far out of book. will the GT500 do that? again no one knows. thank you for you thoughts on what the cars are going to do, but dont attack what i do. you dont know me or how i handle customers. my morals or my ethics.

michael morris

I think guys should be glad that you post topics and contribute to the forum Michael. You don't have to be on here. I believe that alot of guys on here have probaly saved alot of money on here by following your advice. Just as it is our oppurtunty to purchase these cars now before it is to late it is also an oppurtunity for you to sell cars and make some money too. This stuff won't go on forever so that is why I seized the oppurtunity to by both the SGT and the GT 500. Yes it will be a little tight for the next 5 years but as long as I have work I may get it paid off before then. My SGT is paid for. Your job is also tough. I am a plumber and it is an entirely different world than yours. But we need good sellers like you who know how important these cars are too us. And your info is always greaty appreciated.

I have been reading your forum,All the dealers around here are selling or where selling 07's at 10k over.The only MSRP that sold where the cobra lease option on the GT500.Those guys had first pick on cars.When i ordered mine it was 10k over and they told me that rest of 07's and the 08's coming out will be 20k + over msrp. They are telling me the market is out there and they are getting over msrp.

I'm #4 on the list for on 08 but not sure if i will at more than 10k over..Taled to some other shelby owners i met around and they all paid more than i did...Seems the southern states are getting a bigger over sticker price.Don't know that for sure but that was the scuttle butt....

I have been reading your forum,All the dealers around here are selling or where selling 07's at 10k over.The only MSRP that sold where the cobra lease option on the GT500.Those guys had first pick on cars.When i ordered mine it was 10k over and they told me that rest of 07's and the 08's coming out will be 20k + over msrp. They are telling me the market is out there and they are getting over msrp.

I'm #4 on the list for on 08 but not sure if i will at more than 10k over..Taled to some other shelby owners i met around and they all paid more than i did...Seems the southern states are getting a bigger over sticker price.Don't know that for sure but that was the scuttle butt....

if anyone is intersted i can get a 07 red with white stripe with shaker 1000 and sat. MSRP is 45060.

i can sell the car for 52060. let me know if anyone is interested.

michael morris

They are legit transactions. They happen everyday. Dealers selling to dealers. Usually a dealer located in an area where they feel they have no market for this particular car. Another dealer in a hot market that has buyers willing to pay will snatch it up.

How can this be verified? It can't by you unless you take Harley up by letting him fax you proof that he offered to do.

First off, I really appreciate all the info the dealer members provide to this forum and to me personally. It's great to get all the "inside info" on what is going on with Ford.

What I don't appreciate is someone biting my head off for making an observation and asking a legitimate question. Harley posts that a car was "just listed" and "sold in less than one day" then offers to FAX me a copy of a check he wrote 6-7 weeks ago as proof of the transaction. Which is it, just listed or two months ago? With all the shill bidding that goes on with eBay I was curious to how the Ford dealer body monitors "Ford Breakroom" transactions. There seems to be the potential for abuse between dealers if artificially high dealer-to-dealer sales are being reported. Again, I was just curious.

I can verify it by seeing the car was transferred from the selling dealer's inventory to the buying dealer's inventory.

Just like Spitzer Ford everyone complains about. All those GT500's they have came from other dealers. I can verify that by pulling up the invoice on the car. The invoice shows the dealer the car was sold to by Ford. The window sticker does as well.

Look at the window sticker on any cars you see. It shows the dealer's name on it. If the name is different from the dealer that has the car you know they bought it from another dealer.

Ah Spitzer Ford. I remember going down to the Spitzer Ford in suburban Detroit with my dad to buy a brand new 1965 Mustang Convertible V-8. White with black interior and top. Now the Spitzer Ford in Ohio that re-lists the same group of 7 to 10 GT500s on eBay over and over again is just plain buried in their cars. I've got dealers in my market in the same boat as Spitzer. They went out paid $10,000 over or more plus shipping from another dealer and can't afford to sell the cars for less than $15,000 to $20,000. Do you think they'll be speculating again at $10K over once they sell the cars they have now? I don't think so. Some of these cars they are holding are Job #1 cars, built in 2006.

As for $5K over being the norm. It is far from the norm. Hearing about a handful of people that got one for $5K over hardly represents what the norm is.

Right now there is just over 1,000 07 GT500's left. That number has been going down by about 35 per day over the last 3 days. At that rate they will be gone within 30 days. And a 1,000 is only about a one month supply which is about the average number that has sold every month since they came out.

There are a few MSRP and $5K over deals being made on the 08. Those are deals that buyers are getting that have been on a dealer's waiting list since early 07 before this car came out. There was a handful of dealers that sold these for MSRP and $5K over and agreed to sell their 08's for that as well to customers they have had waiting on for over a year.

The norm is still in the $10K - $15K over range. Some a lot higher and some a little lower. But the over all average is still in the $10K - $15K range.

I think the norm is regionalized. Some markets like the Pacific NW, Denver, and Phoenix the cars are bringing high prices in the range of $20,000 over MSRP. Other markets are demanding lower prices, more like $5,000 to $8,000 over MSRP.

Why would a dealer sell to another dealer for $10K over rather than sell to a customer that wants the car to enjoy? Simple! They don't have a customer willing to pay the $10K over, that's why. If they did they would sell it to their customer.

If YOU were a dealer what would YOU do???? Sell it for a lot less or sell it for as much as you can get?

If a total stranger on the street walked up to you and said, hey, I could really use $10K bucks! Will you give it to me? What would you do? You would tell him to get lost! That is no different here. Why would a dealer just give $10K dollars away to a total stranger because they expect to get something for nothing? Especially when there is another DEALER that will give them the $10K???

Why would a dealer just give away $10K to even a customer of theirs? Just so that customer can turn around and sell it and make the $10K?? Do you know how many times that has happened already with this car? Where a dealer sold the car at MSRP to a GOOD customer and their GOOD customer took the car and sold it to another DEALER for $10K more than they paid for it? Quite a few! This is another reason dealers stopped selling to the GOOD customers for a lower price! To moany of those GOOD customers turned around and sold them to someone else and made the profit instead of the dealer!

You are exactly right! Why sell to a retail customer at $5,000 over MSRP when another dealer is offering $10,000 over MSRP. I do think that most dealers offering $10,000 over at this point already have the car sold for more and have a customer deposit in hand. I wouldn't think they are taking a chance by paying $10,000 over MSRP with the hope that a buyer will come along, especially this late in the model year. A customer made a profit instead of the dealer, that's blasphemy!

To me this really shows that Ford doesn't care about the high ADMs. Dealers that are selling to retail customers instead of other dealerships aren't being rewarded at all. A dealership that sells a car retail should earn another. Even a dealer that is a net buyer of cars and sells them at high ADMs has earned the right to be allocated additional cars. They have proven they can get the job done.

Remember seeing all the ebay listings from sellers that were selling their RIGHTS to buy one for MSRP??? When this car first came out there was quite a few people that had MSRP deals tied up before the car came out and they were selling the car before it ever came in so they could make the $10K - $20K profit on it instead of the dealer that sold it them for MSRP, all because they were a so called GOOD customer!

There were dealers that were calling dealers asking if they could get a copy of the invoice on the car they sold to so and so because they just bought it from them!

I haven't seen a rights auction on eBay in months. But, profit isn't a dirty word. Is it bad that an individual can buy a car from one dealer and sell it to another for a profit? There are plenty of GOOD customers paying large ADMs. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

As for Ford thinking if this car was worth $75K then they would have priced it for that, well guess what? They WERE talking about pricing it between $75K - $85K. Then they backed off and kept it at the price they did price it at, which is still about $5K more than they said at the auto shows. Remember? They said $40K on the coupe and $45K on the convertible. It came out at almost $5K more. They also knew the dealers would be adding huge mark ups. So that may be part of the reason they didn't price it at the $75K - $85K they were talking about pricing it at.

The amount of additional revenue that Ford would derive by selling a relative few cars for and additional $20-30,000 is insignificant in relationship to their annual sales. Then they would be the ones being accused of gouging. They decided to leave that honor to the dealers.

BTW, if Ford thought their cars were worth invoice or below they would have priced the MSRP at that as well! Everyone crys that this should be MSRP and no one should pay over that because that is what Ford says it is worth. Well what about all the other cars they sell???? They priced those at MSRP because that is what they say they are worth, yet 99% of the buyers will refuse to pay the MSRP! But that is OK to buy them for less but not OK to buy them for more???? Can we say, hypocrites!

MSuggestedRP is just that. Demand has suggested that the price of a new GT500 should be higher than what Ford suggests. Dealers suggest in their advertising that their cars should be sold for "$500 BELOW INVOICE". The manufacturer freely admits that it has priced their cars too high by offering both dealer and customer cash rebates as well as incentive financing and subvented leasing. When almost any manufacturer determines MSRP you can bet that future rebates and incentives are taken into account. The dealers should find the first salesman that ever gave a discount, it's all his fault!

We cry about the hottest selling vehicle on the market that has more demand than supply over dealers marking them up 25% - 30% yet we seem to have no problem with buying furniture, jewelry, starbucks, etc, that is all marked up by 300% or more! Amazing!

When you go to any store and shop and when you fill your carts with everything you want to buy and get to the checkout, do you demand to see the invoice cost on all the merchandise you are buying so you can dictate to the store what you are going to pay or what you feel is a fair price to pay based on what they paid for it??? Why not?

Only in the car business where you pay $25K - $50K for a product and think the dealer should be happy to make a $100 profit! You pay the State more in sales tax than you do the dealer in gross profit!!! Now what is wrong with that picture?

Buy a $50K car and at 7% tax you pay the State $3,500 profit in taxes for absolutely NOTHING, and cry that a dealer is a crook for making $500 off of it!

I'd like to think that I get something for the tax I pay my state government. Like roads to drive my Shelby on. For police officers to give me speeding tickets for driving my Shelby too fast.

Who thinks that $100 is a fair profit on a car? I sure don't! I'd bet that the average dealer profit per vehicle is a lot higher than $100. Some people pay more, some less. Adding in 3% holdback along with factory incentives and assistance plus anything made in F&I makes a "$100 over invoice" deal look pretty good.

The manufacturing has absolutely NOTHING to do with pricing on vehicles! Nada! Zip! The MSRP they put on vehicles is nothing more than a SUGGESTED price and the ONLY reason they even put that on there is because they are required to put a MSRP price on the vehicle by law! Otherwise the manufacturer would not even list a price on the vehicle! Dealers would price them instead at whatever they want.

Manufacturers put a SUGGESTED price on every product on the market, yet you can go to 50 different retailers and get 50 different prices because the retailers are allowed to price it at whatever they want and the manufacturer does not put a price on it because they are not required to by law like they are in the auto industry!

The only difference between the car business VS any other business is with the car business the consumer gets full disclosure on what the manufacturer labels the SUGGESTED retail price at, where all other manufacturers do not have to disclose that and you are stuck with whatever the retailer puts on it as their MSRP price! Which is usually grossly over stated!

What a perfect example; 50 dealers and 50 different prices. Therein lies the problem, everybody know this! If you don't like the price you simply move on to the next dealership. If I see a box of cereal at Walmart, I don't run over to the next Walmart to see if they will beat the price. The price is the price. You might find Item A at Walmart for less than it is at Target, but Item B cost more at Walmart. It's not worth the time or gas to save a few cents, but it's certainly worth someone's time to drive across town to save $100s of dollars.

Bottom line, if you don't like the price don't buy it! Simple! All the crying in the world about dealers are greedy, crooks, scum, slim balls, etc.....isn't going to change a thing. This is the way it has always been and the way it will always be. At least with dealers you at least get to see what the SUGGESTED retail price is and know exactly how much mark up or less you are paying. You don't get that disclosure in any other business. They only thing you get is to know that Walmart might be 50 cents cheaper on this brand of cereal than Kmart is! But what did they really pay for it? What is the real suggested retail price?

What does that $4.50 cup of coffee at starbucks really cost? How much value is there in that 20 cents worth of grounds and 12 ounces of water???? Over 2200% mark up! Talk about paying ADM's! Yet people don't blink an eye keep going back everyday paying their $4.50 for their 20 cents worth of product! Yeah, I know. It is only $4.50. Not the same as paying $45K. You are correct. At least when you pay $45K for a $45K product you are getting $45K worth of product for your $45K spent. Unlike paying $4.50 for only 20 cents worth of product!

Look at the medical proffession! Talk about ADM's! 8000% mark ups!

You'll pay a realtor 6% to sell a $200K - $500K home where they make $12k - $30k commission and cry over a dealer making 1% gross profit on a $40K car! Then years of giving everything away at little to no profit a hot product comes along where dealers can actually make something off getting one or two of those for the entire year everyone cries what a bunch of dishonest crooks! Amazing!

If you like it, buy it. If you don't, then don't buy it! Move on and get a life!

When the Challenger and Camero comes out they will have big ADM's as well! So then you can decide on which $60K car you want. The 500HP, 425HP, or 400HP! Which one will you want for the $20K ADM??? At least one will be limited to two years and have the most HP VS the other two that are suppose to be mass produced for a number of years into the future! At least two of those will be able to be bought for MSRP and less after the first year! ;)

You probably need to add a little labor for the baristas! When I go to Starbucks and there's a long line, when I reach the front of the line I'm not told that the price for the $4.50 cup of coffee is now $6.50 because there has been a spike in demand.

A realtor that sells a house get half of the 6% with the other half going to the listing agent. That 3% is then split with the broker the realtor works for. From the 1.5% they get paid, most are self-employed and have to pay self-employment taxes and 100% of Medicare. The average realtor sells less than one home per month.

The list prices on the MASS PRODUCED Challenger and Camaro won't be $45,000. They will be a little higher than the Mustang GT. There will no doubt be ADMs on both these cars when they are first released. Just like the S197 Mustangs when they were released. These cars will, with their higher standard HP, provide heavy competition to both the soon to be underpowered Mustang GT and the GT500. Ford will answer with the a higher HP (400-425?) redesigned Mustang.

Bottom line, once all the 2007 GT500 are sold it will be a new ballgame. Prices on the MY 2007 cars have softened. Used GT500s will come to market in greater and greater numbers. Additional competition is coming to market. The days of $20,000 ADMs are drawing to a close. I'm NOT saying that the cars will be at MSRP anytime soon. But, ADMs are slowly declining.

What I don't appreciate is someone biting my head off for making an observation and asking a legitimate question. Harley posts that a car was "just listed" and "sold in less than one day" then offers to FAX me a copy of a check he wrote 6-7 weeks ago as proof of the transaction. Which is it, just listed or two months ago? With all the shill bidding that goes on with eBay I was curious to how the Ford dealer body monitors "Ford Breakroom" transactions. There seems to be the potential for abuse between dealers if artificially high dealer-to-dealer sales are being reported. Again, I was just curious.

He was talking about two different cars. The one he bought and one he seen that sold within a day on the dealer breakroom.

The dealer breakroom is just a message board like this one is. It is not like ebay with bidding going on and schill bidders bidding up auctions.

It is moderated by FORD.

Dealers listing cars there is not going to post a car and then post it sold in a day unless they actually sold it. They posted it in the first place to sell it. If they post it sold when they didn't sell it then how would they ever sell it??? They post it sold so they don't get a bunch of calls from dealers around the country that are looking for one.

I think the norm is regionalized. Some markets like the Pacific NW, Denver, and Phoenix the cars are bringing high prices in the range of $20,000 over MSRP. Other markets are demanding lower prices, more like $5,000 to $8,000 over MSRP.

This is WHY you hear of see dealers selling to other dealers for $10K+ over. If their market isn't bringing the premiums they want then they end up selling it to another dealer in a market that is getting the premiums they want. You as a dealer or yourself as private party that owned one and wanting or needing to sell it would do the same exact thing! You would sell it for as much as you could get for it! Yet if a dealer does that they are called scum and rip offs!

I haven't seen a rights auction on eBay in months. But, profit isn't a dirty word. Is it bad that an individual can buy a car from one dealer and sell it to another for a profit? There are plenty of GOOD customers paying large ADMs. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

This is because those were deals that were made early on long before this car hit the market. Those deals are long gone. Profit isn't a dirty word until it comes to the consumer buying from a dealer. Then it seems to be a dirty word unless the consumer can buy it for less than the dealer paid or at a very small profit that they think the dealer should make and be happy with!

There is nothing wrong with a customer making a profit off selling a car they bought from a dealer. You are missing the point. I don't have a problem with that. So why do most people have a problem with a dealer doing that? My point was that once dealers got wind of their so called GOOD customers that were doing this that is when those dealers stopped selling to their GOOD customers at lower prices than what they could get on the open market. WHY sell for $10K less than what you know the car is worth and will bring??? Some dealers did do that because they wanted to take car of their GOOD customers where they never wanted the car in the first place and just turned around and sold it for a fast profit. Nothing wrong with a customer doing that, but it is because of that where most dealers no longer trust their GOOD customers claiming they want the car for themselves. How do they know that? How do they know you don't just want to sell it for the extra $10K the dealer could make? Some will, some won't. So who do you trust??? The heck with that nonesense! Just sell it for the extra $10K to another dealer if need be! After all, we are talking about at least TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS here! When was the last time YOU just walked up and handed $10K to a perfect stranger or even a customer of yours that does business with you? WHY would anyone expect a dealer to be any different??? Yet they are scum when they do it because the customer just can't get their way!

I'd like to think that I get something for the tax I pay my state government. Like roads to drive my Shelby on. For police officers to give me speeding tickets for driving my Shelby too fast.

What about the vehicle? What about the dealer being able to stay in business to service and repair that car? 6% - 9% tax is OK to pay to the State but 6% - 9% GROSS PROFIT to a dealer is not???

Who thinks that $100 is a fair profit on a car? I sure don't! I'd bet that the average dealer profit per vehicle is a lot higher than $100. Some people pay more, some less. Adding in 3% holdback along with factory incentives and assistance plus anything made in F&I makes a "$100 over invoice" deal look pretty good.

Herein lies the problem! Consumers thinking they know what they don't know!

Now go back and deduct all costs to the dealer and see what is left!

The average business earns a PROFIT of about 10% after all expenses are paid. That is a pre-tax profit. A dealer doesn't even come close to a 10% GROSS PROFIT before paying any expenses! Take invoice to MSRP plus holdback and the dealer has about 10% margin to work with before any expenses are paid! And you think a $100 over invoice is a fair deal???

Factory incentives are paid to the consumers, not the dealers! Once in a while they may run a promotion on a particular model where IF you sell a certain number they will pay $400 back on everyone sold. But you have to hit the quota they set for you or you get ZERO! And for those that do end up hitting that quota that $400 is long gone paid to advertising just to promote that model just to have a shot at hitting that quota! So those great incentives usually result in losing money for the dealer.

What a perfect example; 50 dealers and 50 different prices. Therein lies the problem, everybody know this! If you don't like the price you simply move on to the next dealership. If I see a box of cereal at Walmart, I don't run over to the next Walmart to see if they will beat the price. The price is the price. You might find Item A at Walmart for less than it is at Target, but Item B cost more at Walmart. It's not worth the time or gas to save a few cents, but it's certainly worth someone's time to drive across town to save $100s of dollars.

That is incorrect with the exception of dealer ADM's. If you are looking at the same model with the same equipment and options and go to 50 dealers and compare 50 like vehicles the MSRP is the SAME! So it all comes down to which dealer will take the biggest discount off the MSRP which IS the price is the price! This is no different than what you just stated about Wal-Mart having the same price at all Wal-Marts. Yet you wouldn't shop different Wal-Marts to get a better price than the listed price, but you will shop dealers to save an extra $100 or $200 on a $40K vehicle! This is why customer loyalty is a thing of the past! There is no such thing! Forget about the service. Forget about the FREE loaners they give you if your car is the shop. Just give me the $100 and I will stay your customer! I'll drive 30 minutes away to save a $100, and when I need service I will bring it to you because I don't want to drive 30 minutes away for that! I will take my chances my car never needs service where I won't ever have to pay for a rental and spend a few hundred on that. So just beat the deal by another $100 or I'm going somewhere else!

I'm PROUD to pay my State 6% - 9% in tax, which is about $2,000 - $3,000 on the purchase of my new car, but I'll be damned if I pay the dealer more than a $100 over invoice and if another dealer 30 - 60 minutes away will beat the deal by $50 - $200 I will drop the local dealer in a New York second if they don't beat that deal! The heck with all the other outstanding service they have to offer! That isn't worth the extra $50 - $200 to me!!! Boy that is some loyalty there!

You probably need to add a little labor for the baristas! When I go to Starbucks and there's a long line, when I reach the front of the line I'm not told that the price for the $4.50 cup of coffee is now $6.50 because there has been a spike in demand.

A realtor that sells a house get half of the 6% with the other half going to the listing agent. That 3% is then split with the broker the realtor works for. From the 1.5% they get paid, most are self-employed and have to pay self-employment taxes and 100% of Medicare. The average realtor sells less than one home per month.

Wow! You should consider being a comedian! LOL

A little labor? Split with realtors and brokers? Self employment taxes and medicare? Sells less than one per month?

Are you kidding me????

So what you are saying is those businesses have EXPENSES to pay, so it is OK that they have a 300% gross mark up to work from. Realtors are selling labor so that is OK to have a 6% - 7% mark up to work with.

But a DEALER, now a DEALER has ZERO EXPENSES! Anything they get is just PURE 100% PROFIT! WOW! Now I get it! How silly of me! I never thought of it that way! And here I thought dealers had EXPENSES to pay like every other business! Man, what an idiot I've been to think that!

Again, a perfect example of knowing what you don't know!

Do you know what it cost a dealer to have a car sit on the lot each and everyday? Do you know what kind of overhead they have in expenses to pay just to open the doors each day?

Do you have any idea of all the added BS expense that the manufactuer charges a dealer for stuff they don't even want?

For example, did you know that every time you go to Ford,com and submit for a price quote on a vehicle that the dealer that inquiry is sent to is charged $15 from Ford? Do you know how many of those inquiries are just from kids playing around on the internet? HUNDREDS of leads per month, per dealership and they have to pay $15 for each and everyone of them regardless of how bogus they are! As long as it has a valid phone number OR a valid email Ford considers that a valid lead and the dealer is charged $15 for it whether they like it or not!

Now take 200 of those leads at $15 each. That is $3,000 per month just for those leads alone! So based on your figure of a $100 over invoice the dealer would need to sell 30 new cars just to break even on paying that $3,000 bill!

Now lets add in other costs that need to be paid. Floorplan at 9% on 100 - 500 new vehicles sitting there on the lot, insurance, workman's comp, payroll, payroll taxes. health insurance, advertising, rent/mortgage, training, commissions, utilities, maintenance, etc, etc, etc....

Add it all up and our expenses come to $600K per month! Expenses alone are $600K month!

WOW! At a $100 over invoice we only need to sell 6,000 new cars per month just to break even! LOL

If it wasn't for used car sales, service and parts, new car dealerships would not even exist! Because there is NO MONEY to be made in new car sales! Any money made comes from service and parts and body shop if they have one.

I would personally take a nice used car lot over a new car franchise any day!

Archived