TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 2008 Production Numbers

This months issue of Road & Track reports in a brief article about the GT 500KR with 1,000 units to be produced and getting the Super Snake add on from SAI on both 2007 & 2008 GT 500s there would be 10,000 more GT 500s produced through late 2008.

In my opinion, I believe the market will collapse after the saturation point is reached on ADM over MSRP. I am already seeing it drop some on bidding on ebay.

I predict and our friendly Ford Guy Micheal M may or may not agree that by Mid-Year 2008 they will be close to MSRP or below. There have only been roughly 2,500 or so SGTs sold and the bottom has fallen out of the market. We've had one in Texarkana, Texas with 100 miles on it for sale for about 8 weeks after the owner decided they didn't want it after buying. An automatic @ $41,000?????

If we hold tight, some of us, that just absolutely can't or won't pay above suggested MSRP may get a break.

Who knows they may continue the red stripe package and I can get my arm and leg deposit back from Michael M ........ I do believe there will be a saturation point, even though Ford is releasing them slowly and the dealers are selling everything they can get their hands on.

For Ford this is one of the few vehicles they are making money on. Just my thoughts.....

GG

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Michael,

I was counting my gold chains and looking at my Rolex dreaming about being a car dealer, so I could get my hands on a GT 500, and dropped it on the key board and it posted twice. Have asked the moderator to delete one....

GG

LOL, them dang Rolexs are heavy and without exprience with them they can get away.

it has been brought up a few times and anything i say is straight guessing. i just dont know what is going to happen with the market with the GT500s. i have said it before that i hope it stays strong for my sake, but for yours i hope it drops. now my next question is going to be if they start dropping and they get to 3k over sticker does everyone who has been waiting start buying then. just dont think folks will let the cars get that cheap, but this is all guess work. when they get that cheap then the guys at the dealerships start buying them and they never get to the market then. but one more time WHO KNOWS, not this car guy.

i will keep watching them, i promise. there is an orange one on ebay right now that is used, only 125 miles but used, already over sticker by 6k.

michael

Michael,

Can you explain what is going on with the same guy running the same 10 GT 500s on e-bay, they don't appear to be selling, is it because bidders are not meeting his/her reserve. It also appears the prices are dropping, he could end up holding the bag on these.

What's your thoughts......

GG

Michael,

Can you explain what is going on with the same guy running the same 10 GT 500s on e-bay, they don't appear to be selling, is it because bidders are not meeting his/her reserve. It also appears the prices are dropping, he could end up holding the bag on these.

What's your thoughts......

GG

been watching the same cars on ebay. i looked all his cars up and they have been bought from other dealers, so he proably paid 10-15k over for the cars. i agree the price is starting to drop on the normal GT500s. i dont know how many he has sold up to this point, he might have made a killing on the first 15 he had so he got alittle carried away and bought a ton more. a friend of mine is a dealer transfer guy in atlanta and he said that the have sold over 10 from anywhere from 15-25k. so they could afford to break even on a few. but really dont know if he is going to take short deals or just keep them for awhile

michael

I've watched this character for nearly 3 months, I haven't seen him sell ONE car. Bids over 60K have never met his reserve. I spoke to him 3 months ago, hes looking for 63K. I hope he chokes on these cars!!!

if he wants 63k he proably is trying to make 3k, i would bet he paid close to 15k over for these cars.

i bid on a 700 mile USED GT500 at the sale today. i bid 52k, 7k over sticker, and they NO SOLD it. i think they wanted about 9k over for a used one. i can buy them from other dealers for 7-9k over

michael

if he wants 63k he proably is trying to make 3k, i would bet he paid close to 15k over for these cars.

i bid on a 700 mile USED GT500 at the sale today. i bid 52k, 7k over sticker, and they NO SOLD it. i think they wanted about 9k over for a used one. i can buy them from other dealers for 7-9k over

michael

Michael,

Why would a dealer sell to another dealer for 7K-9K, yet not sell to their customers, this is crazy. I must be missing something.

GG

It looks like the buyers are on to this guy, no one is bothering to bid up his cars anymore, and if he did pay 60K, good for him, and I know he has had most of them for 2-3 months, thats over 600K tied up and being financed!

Michael,

Why would a dealer sell to another dealer for 7K-9K, yet not sell to their customers, this is crazy. I must be missing something.

GG

i think if you looked hard enough you can find a car at 9-11k over sticker, but you have said that you want to sticker for a car and i just dont think that is going to happen anytime soon. will you every be able to buy one at sticker, i just dont know.

but if you want one for 10 or so over i bet i can find you one.

michael

i think if you looked hard enough you can find a car at 9-11k over sticker, but you have said that you want to sticker for a car and i just dont think that is going to happen anytime soon. will you every be able to buy one at sticker, i just dont know.

but if you want one for 10 or so over i bet i can find you one.

michael

Micheal,

I think I could go for an ADM of no more than $5,000. It gets hard to swallow after that. I don't understand the allocation system on these mustangs either. My dealer in Little Rock that I have bought from can't get one and they are a large dealer.

I don't understand how the allocation system gives a smaller dealer in Texarkana a shot at one, and then they order white red stripe package, give me break, for crying out loud.

I think I'm going to buy some gold chains, a rolex, and tinted sun glasses and be a car dealer. I noticed you didn't bite on a used one at $52,000. You must also be concerned about tying up money in a car and paying floor pan interest. This guy with 10 GT 500s must have around $550,000 tied up and paying interest at around 6% floor plan unless Ford helps him.

The Landers Ford Dealer in Little Rock, couldn't even give me any info on the 2008 allocation. They did sell me two 05 GTs in 2004 on A plan when they first came out and everyone was getting sticker or slightly above.

You gotta wonder if we want these cars because we can't have them....

Just my thoughts.

GG

i think that is the main reason the cars are bringing big money, i got one and you dont mentality(sp?)

if you could figure on the allocation thing you would be way ahead of 95% of the ford dealers. that subject has came up a billion times with different zone reps over the years. we would sale 15 HD trucks and 2 taurus. the zone rep comes in allocates us 1 HD truck and 7 taurus? we then ask why dont we get HD trucks, they have no idea, but they come up with a bunch of crap that doenst make sense.

i really didnt expect to get anymore GT500s this year from Ford, but they let us have one more, why i couldnt tell ya, but im glad they did.

does that mean we will get 3 next year (2 from Ford, 1 we bought) nope! theres no telling what we will get besides the 1 that we are promised every year.

i didnt buy the used one at 52K because i think i can buy one from another dealer for 7-8k over and it would be used and i would get to report it as a retail sale( and that should help with allocation?)

michael

• 2 weeks later...

The dealer that is selling on e-bay is a shister.... :angry: :angry: :angry: Been up to his dealership before i got the call on my convertible vin. number from my dealer.He was asking 20K to 25 k over sticker.He has got that GT350-H in his showroom,price started out at 80k...now he has it down to 69k.Four of his shelbys were sitting out in a nasty storm last week....DON'T BUY SPITZER FORD

The dealer that is selling on e-bay is a shister.... :angry: :angry: :angry: Been up to his dealership before i got the call on my convertible vin. number from my dealer.He was asking 20K to 25 k over sticker.He has got that GT350-H in his showroom,price started out at 80k...now he has it down to 69k.Four of his shelbys were sitting out in a nasty storm last week....DON'T BUY SPITZER FORD

I actually called up there and spoke with them, they claim to have sold 54 GT 500s (????????) and his demand is strong. Knows he is being flamed by the forums and doesn't care.

GG

• 3 weeks later...

The manipulation of the eBay market has been the favored trick of dealers who are too deep into their Shelby's. We saw the same thing with the Ford GT. One dealer seems to like bidding all the other cars up within an inch of their reserve and then stop...just before posting their own car up for sale (priced slightly below the "other" top bids). It is a dirty game eBay doesn't give you an accurate picture of the market value because of it.

I'm still looking for a Grabber Orange CVT for $5k over or better...

~Patrick

Okay here is my $.02. There is a dealer in my market who has bought cars from many other dealers for $15k up. He is selling them for $100k, and selles them all day long. We are a fairly small dealer, and we have 3 more Ford stores all within 15 minutes of us. The closest dealer to us has his Gt500 in his showroom marked at $80k. We just sold our 5th GT500 for $65k. So the market in our area is still very hot, and we have the lowest prices in town.

• 3 weeks later...

This ADM stuff is a bit of a sore subject for me. I have never paid an ADM and I never will. If Ford wanted the car to sell for 75K then they would have put it on the sticker. I know the dealers want to make some money but look at what they have done to the market. People are wanting the cars but the dealers can't let them go at market value because they have so much tied up in them.

Back in 93 when the Cobras first reappeared I tried to buy one but the dealer wanted an ADM so I walked away from the deal. The next year when the Cobra convertibles came out I tried again. The only one I could find had a 5K ADM on it so I didn't buy it. Three years later I found one used and got it at a good price. I tracked down the original owner and dealer to talk to them about the car. The dealer put a 6K ADM on the car and it never sold. After sitting on the floor for a year and a half he ended up selling it at cost just to move it. The dealer I tried to buy from in the first place still has his car sitting on the floor. After not being able to sell the car for his price (he purchased it from another dealer) he finally decided to keep it for himself.

In my opinion all the ADMs do is pad the dealers pockets and keep the cars away from the people that want to enjoy them.

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand the ADM, but people as a whole need to be a bit smarter consumers.

Yes if your dream car is a GT500 and you have to have it with xxx options then you will pay a premium to get what you want.

Then their are the people like me who will study the market, gather as much information as they can on what they want. Then you sit back and be patient. Sure the other guy who paid 20k ADM is out enjoying his car, while your 50k is sitting in a bank making 5% interest or roughly 208 bucks a month.

There is a lot to know about buying a car. When to buy and when not to buy are huge. When a vehicle is first released is definately not a time to buy. If it is a sports car type you buy in the winter, if its a winter truck 4x4 you buy in the spring.

Having the luxury to wait is how you get the best deals.

Right now you can get within 8k msrp relatively easily. 5k is starting to become the norm. What is it going to be like in late October, early November? I predict 2k over MSRP.

In January and Febuary it will more than likely be at MSRP. Just remember 20k is a lot of cars

I actually called up there and spoke with them, they claim to have sold 54 GT 500s (????????) and his demand is strong. Knows he is being flamed by the forums and doesn't care.

GG

Zan186 I see you are now over here on the Shelby Forum dreaming.....

Good for that Dealer. It's his money!! He is 2-3 times bigger than my dealer here for car sales. I have sold 17 GT500's which helps to make up for All the trucks & cars that I sell for UNDER INVOICE. As long as I can keep buying these GT500's from other dealers for Over MSRP, I will sell them to customers that come in looking for a SHELBY to love and Drive. There will not be any 2007 GT500's to be sold at MSRP. Good luck on 08's. I want 1 or 2 for myself.................

randy

Good for that Dealer. It's his money!! He is 2-3 times bigger than my dealer here for car sales. I have sold 17 GT500's which helps to make up for All the trucks & cars that I sell for UNDER INVOICE. As long as I can keep buying these GT500's from other dealers for Over MSRP, I will sell them to customers that come in looking for a SHELBY to love and Drive. There will not be any 2007 GT500's to be sold at MSRP. Good luck on 08's. I want 1 or 2 for myself.................

randy

i agree with you Randy on the MSRP. i just dont think the 07s will last long enough for them to drop that much. you can look on ebay and see that the cars are coming down, but they are still 7-10k over.

michael morris

i agree with you Randy on the MSRP. i just dont think the 07s will last long enough for them to drop that much. you can look on ebay and see that the cars are coming down, but they are still 7-10k over.

michael morris

When the very last new GT500 is sold, the average selling price for the 11,000 cars will be close to $60,000. If you want a own a new 2007 GT500 and you currently don't own one or have a deal, as a practical matter, you are going to pay an ADM, even or especially now.

Will there be some deals out there at MSRP? Sure there will be, but there are only a thousand or so of these cars left. I believe there are over 1,000 buyers waiting to that will pay anywhere from $5,000 to $20,000 for this car.

Shelbydude said the market would not be flooded with GT500's and he is absolutely correct. Especially the 2007 model. Do the math. This ain't firewood, and you ain't going to see stacks of these cars. This is a high performance muscle car with the goods to back up ownership for a premium price. Had the car hit the market with a $60,000 sticker price, 75% of those that already own the car and paid an ADM would have jumped all over them at that price.

What will happen with 2008 and MSRP? Don't know. If they make the 2009 model year will that effect 2008 MSRP? Don't know, it might. If model year doesn't matter to you, wait and see what happens with price. It might be a great decision for saving money. Then again, you might miss out like you did in 2007, especially if they decide not to make the 2009.

randy

Dreaming? No it is called being a smart consumer. Your a dealer so let's see you rank right up their with umm Lawyer's and Politician's right?

Sorry, but when it comes down to the price on cars and where the market is going a car dealer is the last person I want to hear predictions from. I mean seriously what car dealership is going to say wait and the price will come down. No the dealer always plays the buy now before its to late card. There could be 500 cars sitting on his lot and he is gonna say there are only a few left (just to get sales)

Yeah I hit a lot of forum's where I dig for information and see other people's opinions. Seeing dealers posting on here saying crap that is totally unfounded to potential buyers is what makes me sick. To be perfectly honest most of the dealers know less about what Ford is doing than the consumer.

When the very last new GT500 is sold, the average selling price for the 11,000 cars will be close to $60,000. If you want a own a new 2007 GT500 and you currently don't own one or have a deal, as a practical matter, you are going to pay an ADM, even or especially now.

Will there be some deals out there at MSRP? Sure there will be, but there are only a thousand or so of these cars left. I believe there are over 1,000 buyers waiting to that will pay anywhere from $5,000 to $20,000 for this car.

Shelbydude said the market would not be flooded with GT500's and he is absolutely correct. Especially the 2007 model. Do the math. This ain't firewood, and you ain't going to see stacks of these cars. This is a high performance muscle car with the goods to back up ownership for a premium price. Had the car hit the market with a $60,000 sticker price, 75% of those that already own the car and paid an ADM would have jumped all over them at that price.

What will happen with 2008 and MSRP? Don't know. If they make the 2009 model year will that effect 2008 MSRP? Don't know, it might. If model year doesn't matter to you, wait and see what happens with price. It might be a great decision for saving money. Then again, you might miss out like you did in 2007, especially if they decide not to make the 2009.

Flooded? Probably not, but I think Supply will be readily available for most who want one. If it wasn't then the 2007 would still be selling 15k over. Will it hit MSRP? I think so. I doubt it will ever go to invoice but MSRP is what it will most likely sell for.

If 2007 is selling for 5k to 8k over than you can almost bet that 2008 will sell for 2k to 5k over then recede down to MSRP. Use a little logic!

Flooded? Probably not, but I think Supply will be readily available for most who want one. If it wasn't then the 2007 would still be selling 15k over. Will it hit MSRP? I think so. I doubt it will ever go to invoice but MSRP is what it will most likely sell for.

If 2007 is selling for 5k to 8k over than you can almost bet that 2008 will sell for 2k to 5k over then recede down to MSRP. Use a little logic!

I spoke with a used car dealer today about the GT 500 pricing and he pulled out a car magazine with the new Camero on the front cover and said just wait till the new Camero and Challanger come out and the market will have those of us wanting the latest and greatest cars chasing these.

The GT 500 market will drop and you will be able to buy, I predict they will not hold the ADM values and will eventually get down to MSRP. We will be getting close to market saturation with this model year.

The problem is buyers and we set the price as Micheal has said many times, supply vs demand, but competition for these high performance car dollars is on the way and some that paid high ADMs may end up with a bad taste in their mouth.

Just my thoughts,,,,,,,,,,,,

GG

It would not surprise me to see the GT500 retail price stay close to the $50k mark. Why?, because the new LT3 Corvette still costs a little more, the Camaro will probably have the LT3 engine at 430HP and the upcoming Dodge will probably have the 425HP Hemi. That tends to make the Shelby a big bang value package compared to the others.

If you really want one of these cars as I did then I hope you don't wait so long that you miss the opportunity all together. For me the prime objective was not being able to tell others that I bought it for MSRP but rather to have the car sitting in my garage that I can take out for a fun ride whenever the urge hits me.

Happy motoring

This was just listed on the FORD breakroom website: Dealer to Dealer site.

Black w/ Tungsten stripes. GT500 Premier Package, Shaker 1000, Sirius radio. $10K over MSRP of $45,060. Contact Eric at (800) USA-..........................................

less than 1 day...........SOLD

THERE WILL NOT BE ANY LEFT at dealers to SELL AT MSRP.....................Keep Dreaming.........

randy

This was just listed on the FORD breakroom website: Dealer to Dealer site.

Black w/ Tungsten stripes. GT500 Premier Package, Shaker 1000, Sirius radio. $10K over MSRP of $45,060. Contact Eric at (800) USA-..........................................

less than 1 day...........SOLD

THERE WILL NOT BE ANY LEFT at dealers to SELL AT MSRP.....................Keep Dreaming.........

randy

Whether you like it or not, prices ARE coming down. It is only a matter of time before the cars are at least close to MSRP. From what I'm seeing it appears the convertibles will get there first. While I know nothing of the "Ford Breakroom", how can such dealer to dealer sales at $10K over actually be verified?

On eBay I've followed one particular car, by VIN, that has SOLD (reserve price met) a minimum of three times.

There are obviously some markets where the cars are doing better than others. This will also eventually balance.

Whether you like it or not, prices ARE coming down. It is only a matter of time before the cars are at least close to MSRP. From what I'm seeing it appears the convertibles will get there first. While I know nothing of the "Ford Breakroom", how can such dealer to dealer sales at $10K over actually be verified?On eBay I've followed one particular car, by VIN, that has SOLD (reserve price met) a minimum of three times.

There are obviously some markets where the cars are doing better than others. This will also eventually balance.

Tell me where the depressed markets are, I will buy those cars. PLEASE TELL ME...

give me your fax # and I will send you a copy of the check we wrote to a dealer for $10 over.

I sent a $55060.00 $10k over check out on 5/25/07 still waiting on car from Ford drop ship.

randy

Archived