TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upgrade Package for Shelby GT?

John or Bud,

There are now three special GT500s (40th Anniversary, KR, and Super Snake). What about us Shelby GT owners. Any chance there is a special package coming for us Shelby GT owners? Or any other news (new parts) coming for the Shelby GT?

There are a lot of owners on this board and other boards who bought their cars from showrooms, or didn't know ahead of thim they could have SAI install mods, or Vegas just isn't feasible to them. Now there is an east coast installer coming. I think you would have some takers for a Special Edition Shelby GT. Call it Shelby GT-S or R or whatever.

A suggested package: CS hood, Paxton Supercharger, Brake Package and wheels, subtle badges (glove box, rocker strip, gas cap). Ok that list might look familar from me but I didn't include the instrument cluster and other things to keep the price down. ;)

Just a thought. What do you think?

Chris

PS.

I would send mine back to complete the package.

socal, that's a good point. I too would like to see somethink like that, although i'm not a fan of the CS hood. I would like to see some shelby power packages with some subtle badging to add on. I plan on getting the SC with the guages soon and it would be nice to get something more in a package deal like headers and maybe 3.73 gears. But i like the idea.

John or Bud,

There are now three special GT500s (40th Anniversary, KR, and Super Snake). What about us Shelby GT owners. Any chance there is a special package coming for us Shelby GT owners? Or any other news (new parts) coming for the Shelby GT?

There are a lot of owners on this board and other boards who bought their cars from showrooms, or didn't know ahead of thim they could have SAI install mods, or Vegas just isn't feasible to them. Now there is an east coast installer coming. I think you would have some takers for a Special Edition Shelby GT. Call it Shelby GT-S or R or whatever.

A suggested package: CS hood, Paxton Supercharger, Brake Package and wheels, subtle badges (glove box, rocker strip, gas cap). Ok that list might look familar from me but I didn't include the instrument cluster and other things to keep the price down. ;)

Just a thought. What do you think?

Chris

PS.

I would send mine back to complete the package.

Oh yea I like this train of thought....looks very familiar to me but I don't know why... :blink:

:D

I'm game for this as well.

agreed!!! absolutely B)

Whoa whoa whoa there! The CS6 hood goes ON AND the stock GT spoiler goes ON!

:angry:

That's my package!

Which I hope illustrates the problem and why I would rather see more ala cart menu additions with some discount for multiple items or price breaks. A sort of create your own package! Yeah, I know there is something to be said for special editions but this car is special enough. I mean where does it end! Super Snake 2.0? Super Snake Pro? GT500KR PRO? After awhile it gets rather tacky to me...I mean here we already have a "Mustang Shelby GT 500 Super Snake" :unsure: yeah...right... anyway...

Whoa whoa whoa there! The CS6 hood goes ON AND the stock GT spoiler goes ON!

:angry:

That's my package!

Which I hope illustrates the problem and why I would rather see more ala cart menu additions with some discount for multiple items or price breaks. A sort of create your own package! Yeah, I know there is something to be said for special editions but this car is special enough. I mean where does it end! Super Snake 2.0? Super Snake Pro? GT500KR PRO? After awhile it gets rather tacky to me...I mean here we already have a "Mustang Shelby GT 500 Super Snake" :unsure: yeah...right... anyway...

I actually agree with you! Shelby is spacing themsleves too far out because of one thing ( I hate to say this) MONEY! The dollar bill moves FOMOCO and SHELBY more than it moves the droves of enthusists. Shelby realizes one thing right now, they must stike while the iron is hot or FOMOCO will get cold real quick. So the SGT is a done deal and Shelby is now off to bigger and better things. Like there is bigger fish to fry?

Sorry but that is the way big business goes and grows, I know. The SGT is now on the back burner until there is NO MORE big GT500KR , SuperSnake projects in the $$ pipeline. Hey the gotta pay the bills and make hay while the sun is shining! <_<

Stir away......SAI has most definately figured out that they will make "much more" profit by offering these "packages" rather than getting together with Ford on a new car.

After these GT500 packages, I figure we'll see an SGT / GT350 package that you can send them your Mustang for...........MUCH less costly than developing a new platform or car.

I would love to see you are be right!

.....don't expect it to be a GT350 package. I would bet against that and give huge odds. Amy has said that when (ok she changed it to if) they build a GT350 it would be 400 HP and come in the two combinations of white and blue. However, things change. I expect if we ever see a GT350 it will be a whole new car and probably a replacement for the GT500.

I do think it is very reasonable that there will be an complete car upgrade for the Shelby GT sometime in the future. There are probably just as many Shelby GT owners who would pay $10-15K for upgrades as GT500 owners willing to pay $12-20K. There are a lot of Shelby GT owners buying their cars out of showrooms that didn't get the chance to have SAI option their cars.

Bud or John,

Come on throw us a bone. you are among friends.

Archived