TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The best of...

MattInDetroit

All:

I was thinking of an FAQ, yes again, when it struck me that there is a lot of history here that I think needs to be preserved in some fashion. For example, some time ago Amy posted the VIN list of the first 25 cars. That's history! There are a lot of snippets of facts, perspectives, and even Mod shop antics, that many years from now will be great fodder for car show tailgate parties. I would be a shame to let that all slip away in to the bit bucket. There can be server issues, database crashes, etc., and just the ticking of time and all this history is gone!

So...I've been thinking of compiling a "best of..." document. Something that saves the significant posts and bits of information that we can add to and preserve.

Not sure if I can do it alone in any reasonable time frame but it will give me something to do while I wait for my car! <_<

What do you guys think? Anyone want to help collect this stuff? Should I even bother?

:(

Matt, that is a good idea. SAAC will interested in all the details that have come out in these threads. The production changes , the odd things that happen are all part of the Shelby history and helps others document their cars in the future. For example early grille cut outs, hood scoop variations with bolts and bowing problems, rear "gas" cap variations, factory accessories, etc, etc,.... I'm sure there are more, I just can'[t remember them all right now.

These things are all a BIG part of our car's history and should be documented. I heard the SAAC already has a Shelby GT registrar and he would be interested in these details. They all become judging points for the future.

Personally, I would encourage all owners to take good pictures of everything they can to document their car as delivered. 25 years from now those videos and pictures will help our kids restore our cars! ;)

Matt, I've been thinking of the same thing (writing an FAQ) even before I learned of this forum. PM me your contact info and perhaps we can schedule a concall to each take parts.

Sure! Thanks!

Matt, that is a good idea. SAAC will interested in all the details that have come out in these threads. The production changes , the odd things that happen are all part of the Shelby history and helps others document their cars in the future. For example early grille cut outs, hood scoop variations with bolts and bowing problems, rear "gas" cap variations, factory accessories, etc, etc,.... I'm sure there are more, I just can'[t remember them all right now.

These things are all a BIG part of our car's history and should be documented. I heard the SAAC already has a Shelby GT registrar and he would be interested in these details. They all become judging points for the future.

Personally, I would incourage all owners to take good pictures of everything they can to document their car as delivered. 25 years from now those videos and pictures will help our kids restore our cars! ;)

All good and my thinking exactly!

Thanks for the validation!

I think it's a good idea as well. Are you talking mainly stuff posted on this forum or from anywhere pertinent?

I was thinking just this forum but I don't see why not anywhere! I'm going to give this some thought as to how this might be done efficiently and with minimal work. More this weekend! Keep the suggestions coming! :)

Hey all...

First thank you to all that have written and offered your help and suggestions, both are appreciated and desired. I have been traveling for work a lot recently and haven't been able to sit down and give this the thought it deserves. I'm working through how best to collect and store this stuff and how and in what format it would be saved. Lots of options and it will be a lot of work which is why I'm so pleased to see so many people step up and offer to help.

In the mean time if anyone wants to begin to collect info please feel free. I think the first step, and perhaps the easiest at this point, would be to book mark the items, articles, etc., that you feel appropriate and we'll sort through them at a later date.

Anyway, thanks again, and I'l update you all on some ideas in a few days.

-Matt

Archived