TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC

MAP

I just got my SAAC magazine which I am blessed with about twice a year. I was wondering to myself if there would be any mention about the SGT. When low and behold there were 4 new Hertz cars on the cover with a nice article inside about the cars.

Does anybody have any thoughts or knowledge of just how ( or if ) those of us with the new Shelbys will fit in at SAAC?

SAAC is currently in the process of adding an SGT site to their main site. They will have an entry form up soon allowing us to enter information about your SGT.

In addition to the fun events, they are a great resource of historical information. Years from now, the SAAC and SAI will both have information about our cars allowing us to research and learn more about what options were chosen, how many and so forth.

I posted the following just the other day, but figure it's a good place to add it here too:

I thought I'd also let people know more about the Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC). I've been a member for years. They run awesome and fun events each year. I got to meet Mr. Shelby at SAAC 28 a few years ago. They usually have the events at race tracks; like at Las Vegas. I can't wait because I will get to race my SGT on the track against some of the vintage Shelby's. I would love to go to SAAC 32 this year. It's in Utah so I might just fly in rather than bring my car. Maybe I'll wait till next year hoping they're closer to New England.

Anyway, I am pretty sure that they will be updating their website in the next few weeks to allow us all to enter our information about our SGT's. Then in 2009 or 2010, they will have a Shelby GT Registry (book) that we will be able to purchase which will have all of our names with the Shelby VIN, the state we live in and probably more info like the dealer we bought from and options. I own the 1997 Registry which has all of the vintage Shelby Cobras, Shelby Mustangs and other. I can't wait to see my name in the SGT Registry. I've longed for this for years now.

Here is the direct link to where we will be able to enter our info. The SGT will have it's own site and will probably be listed under the GT500 link. I highly recommend that everyone enter their info so that there will be accurate information (in addition to what SAI is maintaining) about our cars, along with the options we get and so forth. I don't think you have to be a member to enter your info.

http://www.saac.com/worldRegistry/index.html

Hopefully we'll all see each other at some of these events.

Adam

I joined SAAC at the end of twards the end of March and I have to say that I am so glad that I did and that I can't wait till 2009 or 2010 when the book for the SGT would hopefully come out. I went to SAAC 31 and I enjoyed it so much, it was in VA last year and I live in VA so I didn't have to go too far.

I am proud to be a part of SAAC and I just had to get that off of my chest.

Archived