TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Visor Removal

switch

I'm looking to remove the drivers side visor to have CS sign it. What is the best way to remove it properly. I see that there are 2 torx screws that mount to the headliner, do I remove these or is there another way. Thanks for a reply. Never mind. Took out the 2 torx bolts. Easily done.

I'm looking to remove the drivers side visor to have CS sign it. What is the best way to remove it properly. I see that there are 2 torx screws that mount to the headliner, do I remove these or is there another way. Thanks for a reply. Never mind. Took out the 2 torx bolts. Easily done.

Don't try and pull the visor off the rod. I attemted to do this and I think I screwed it up. I can't seem to get it put back entirely. Have to visit the dealership and see if they can put it back in place before I send mine to CS. Good luck.

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking of sending my visor in for an autograph. But was wondering which side to have signed.

I thought the inside would be nice, but the vanity mirror is there. Maybe just have the back plate of the mirror signed.

Or maybe having the outside signed is better? Not sure then which end should be the top of the page(so to speak).

How is everyone else doing it? Any precautions?

Any thoughts are welcome.

I'm thinking of sending my visor in for an autograph. But was wondering which side to have signed.

I thought the inside would be nice, but the vanity mirror is there. Maybe just have the back plate of the mirror signed.

Or maybe having the outside signed is better? Not sure then which end should be the top of the page(so to speak).

How is everyone else doing it? Any precautions?

Any thoughts are welcome.

I think the mirror cover is the most popular spot.

Just got mine back with CS signature on it. Looks great. Just wish they followed my instructions to put #273 under the signature. Oh well, better than a stick in the eye. :D

CS will sign our visors? Tell me more! How do I get this done?

Send the visor and a check for $215.00 to:

Carrol Shelby Childrens Foundation

19021 S. Figuora St.

Gardena CA 90248

Be sure to tape a sheet with your name and address to whatever you send in case it gets seperated from the box.

You can send items, almost anything from what I have heard, to Carroll Shelby's Children's Foundation in California. $200.00 for the signature, plus $10.00 return shipping for an item like the visor, maybe more if the item is bigger.

I know there were posts here previously, do a search on Carroll Shelby signatures and you;ll probably get the exact address, etc.

APPARENTLY I TYPE WAY TOO SLOW............

Just got my airbag cover put back in today with Carroll's autograph on it. Finishing touch to make #310 PERFECT!

Airbag removal and replacement at dealer.....$150

Shipping...$15

Donation to CS for Autograph....$200

JoeRod,

Curious about what part of the visor they signed.

Phil

CS signed the outside of the mirror door, so when you flip the visor up, TA DA!

The link to Carroll Shelby's signature is on the bottom of Shelby Auto's homepage...Did anyone really answer the visor removal question? I haven't seen my Shelby yet, but, hope the removal is fairly straight-forward.

Piece of cake removal

Just got my airbag cover put back in today with Carroll's autograph on it. Finishing touch to make #310 PERFECT!

Airbag removal and replacement at dealer.....$150

Shipping...$15

Donation to CS for Autograph....$200

BAD THING ABOUT THE AIRBAG COVER-IF YOU EVER HAVE AN ACCIDENT WON'T THE AUTOGRAPH BE RUINED? I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE GLOVE BOX DOOR OR TOP OF CONSOLE.

BAD THING ABOUT THE AIRBAG COVER-IF YOU EVER HAVE AN ACCIDENT WON'T THE AUTOGRAPH BE RUINED? I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE GLOVE BOX DOOR OR TOP OF CONSOLE.

How long did it take for your car part to get back from being signed?

Thanks,

Sue

Good point Dream1. Guess after wifey has hers signed,I'll be forced to have her keep it in the garage,and let her drive it ONLY,when I'm in front of her,to protect our investment.

P.S. .... Is a 17.8 sec time in the quarter,a good time for a gurl driving the SGT?

Good point Dream1. Guess after wifey has hers signed,I'll be forced to have her keep it in the garage,and let her drive it ONLY,when I'm in front of her,to protect our investment.

P.S. .... Is a 17.8 sec time in the quarter,a good time for a gurl driving the SGT?

bite me auto !!! ( i can say that to him..he is my hubby...and he is just mad cuz i won't let him drive )

I guess it's all a matter of risk tolerance. I would rather have it front and center and take the risk of it being ruined. In an accident, there will probably be more than the airbag that get's ruined. The car was made to drive, and we are driving it....many miles...many smiles. ;)

How long did it take for your car part to get back from being signed?

Thanks,

Sue

about 10 days

Send the visor and a check for $215.00 to:

Carrol Shelby Childrens Foundation

19021 S. Figuora St.

Gardena CA 90248

Be sure to tape a sheet with your name and address to whatever you send in case it gets seperated from the box.

Does CS actually do his business in Gardena Ca? I thought that he was in Las Vegas where the facotry is? If this is so why would they want the visor etc... sent to Gardena and not to LV? That makes me wonder if someone else is signing them, darn I hate to say that but it has been done before with many celebrities?

Just a question looking for an answer. :unsure:

Does CS actually do his business in Gardena Ca? I thought that he was in Las Vegas where the facotry is? If this is so why would they want the visor etc... sent to Gardena and not to LV? That makes me wonder if someone else is signing them, darn I hate to say that but it has been done before with many celebrities?

Just a question looking for an answer. :unsure:

It's my understanding that he lives in LA, close to his doctors. That is where the childrens foundation is located.

LR

Archived