TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Worth the wait!

mcdover

MCDOVER,

What are your brekin "smells" like coming from the rear tailpipe? I've had numerous new SVTs, but this one smells different (almost like an overheated break) after I park the car after long rides. It's not a burned smell, but almost as though some piece of metal is really heating up (by the way, my trunk gets pretty darn hot). Have you noticed something similar. The car drives great, but just not used to this kind of smell. Also, have you had the opportunity to turn on your car while garaged (with the door open, of course!). The reason I ask this is that when engaging the clutch, there's a "swooping" sound that comes from the tranny. Almost like a hydraulic assist kind of sound. I would say it sounds like a vacuum leak, but not quite. I have a centerforce clutch on my Terminator and so the I'm used the little rattling sound the car makes during idle, but the swoosh sound is different to me. Thoughts?

FordGeek

Dont have my GT500 yet but i believe the trunk area is hot because the mufflers are located rigt below the trunk floor pan. I am not to shure of the burning smell but i can only guess its the exhaust cats and related componets getting there initial burnoff every time the car gets up to operating temp on long drives. Dont forget alot of different metals and welding materials are burning off as you drive. These smells should disapate when the gt500 gets some more miles on her. Congrats and enjoy :rockon:

Sorry something happend to my computer it replied twice

Archived