TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Worth the wait!

mcdover

Got mine Thursday. I had to jump on a flight and then drive it 800 miles back to its new home. It's a black vert with white stripes. Needless to say, be prepared for the stares! Had one guy who chased me for about 5 miles on the interstate just looking. One other guy asked me what kind of motor it had in it. Obviously, he didn't know much about cars but the styling caught his eye enough to ask a question.

About the car:

Very powerful but also very forgiving and easy to drive. Could easily be a daily driver. My brother claims that his '87 5.0 had a stiffer clutch.

The tires have to be seen and driven to be fully appreciated. One of the best views of the car is from the back looking up so that you can just see a piece of the mufflers. Looks very tough.

I had a Trans Am, Nissan Z, and a Supra, but this car handles like nothing else I have ever driven.

To me, the exhuast sounds great! Not loud, not quiet either. I was suprised that the blower whine is not as bad as I had thought it would be.

The only thing that I can find wrong, is the placement of the cup holders. If you put anything, drink or not, in either of the cup holders, it forces you to reach either around or over to the stick. I understand that there is no other place for them and Ford really had no choice to their placement. They're just not that functional for driving.

No plans to do any modes. To me, the car is perfect as is. I don't plan on racing anybody, got nothing to prove, so she will stay just like she is. I really didn't want to even remove the plastic from the owner's manual, but the dealer was real ignorant about this car, so asking them was a waste. The general manager even filled it up with 87 octane!

I'll post some pictures later after she gets a good detail. 800 miles of bugs, rain, and dusty roads.

Black vert w/ white stripes???? That's what I ordered too!!! Please, oh, please post some pics! :wacko:

Got mine Thursday. I had to jump on a flight and then drive it 800 miles back to its new home.

About the car:

The only thing that I can find wrong, is the placement of the cup holders. If you put anything, drink or not, in either of the cup holders, it forces you to reach either around or over to the stick. I understand that there is no other place for them and Ford really had no choice to their placement. They're just not that functional for driving.

Hmmm, 800 mile Drive......., mentioning poor Cupholders.........., did this Revelation involve Beer Spillage??!

Just Curious!! :shrug:

Good for You. Must have been a Great Road Trip! Congratulations and Thanks for the Update!! ENJOY.

Sorry. Hit the wrong button before I was through uploading pics. Aslo almost forgot to mention the top. Great fit, material is top notch, almost like riding in a hard top when it's up. Here's the rest of the pics. Check the size of the meats on the back of this thing!

:shift: are you getting used to the shifter yet :shift:

Shifter did take a little getting used to. Don't really know if it was just "tight" because it only had a few miles on it or I just got used to it on the way home. Definately is a short throw. No exaggerations about that.

Sorry. Hit the wrong button before I was through uploading pics. Aslo almost forgot to mention the top. Great fit, material is top notch, almost like riding in a hard top when it's up. Here's the rest of the pics. Check the size of the meats on the back of this thing!

Shifter did take a little getting used to. Don't really know if it was just "tight" because it only had a few miles on it or I just got used to it on the way home. Definately is a short throw. No exaggerations about that.

Very nice, congratulations!! I ordered mine about 800miles away as well. I was thinking about trailoring it home to break it in here. May have to trailor it anyway since I probably won't get mine until winter... :banghead:

Please, please answer some questions that rbortnick and I posted on another thread. The other lucky people must be out driving there's too much to answer...

1) What is in the space normally used for the spare tire?

Rbortnick's questions:

2) Interior. How would you rate the interior quality, comfort and overall design?

3) Handling. Any comments on wheel hop, hows the handling & feel of the car?

4) Performance - No need to comment on this, unless of course you want to. We all know its a BEAST!

Very nice, congratulations!! I ordered mine about 800miles away as well. I was thinking about trailoring it home to break it in here. May have to trailor it anyway since I probably won't get mine until winter... :banghead:

Please, please answer some questions that rbortnick and I posted on another thread. The other lucky people must be out driving there's too much to answer...

1) What is in the space normally used for the spare tire?

Rbortnick's questions:

2) Interior. How would you rate the interior quality, comfort and overall design?

3) Handling. Any comments on wheel hop, hows the handling & feel of the car?

4) Performance - No need to comment on this, unless of course you want to. We all know its a BEAST!

1) Instead of the spare tire, you get a mini-compressor with tire sealant.

2) With the exception of the cup holders being placed directly behind the shifter, I would rate the interior as excellent. Anything taller than a can just doesn't work. I got the upgrade interior (leather dash, stainless pedals, etc.) so I don't know about the standard version. I can say that the guages and all controls are well placed. I do keep catching myself looking for the volume control on the steering wheel. Just habit, my Lariat has the stereo controls on the wheel. The vert top is very well designed. It is very taught, so there is not a lot of wind noise with the top up. As far as comfort, I drove it 300 miles the very first day and 500 the next and I felt very comfortable.

3) This car handles like it's on rails. Now keep in mind, I haven't pushed it to the extreme...yet. Basically, you get the feeling that if you point it, it will go that way. Steering is very tight.

4) All I can say about performance is, WOW! So much torque! Ford has definately outdone themselves.

Congrats, I think I wasted about 4 hours of my time today driving to the dealeship to look at your car and of course it wasn't there. I should have called first. Thanks for the info also.!! :bandance:

Got mine Thursday. I had to jump on a flight and then drive it 800 miles back to its new home. It's a black vert with white stripes. Needless to say, be prepared for the stares! Had one guy who chased me for about 5 miles on the interstate just looking. One other guy asked me what kind of motor it had in it. Obviously, he didn't know much about cars but the styling caught his eye enough to ask a question.

About the car:

Very powerful but also very forgiving and easy to drive. Could easily be a daily driver. My brother claims that his '87 5.0 had a stiffer clutch.

The tires have to be seen and driven to be fully appreciated. One of the best views of the car is from the back looking up so that you can just see a piece of the mufflers. Looks very tough.

I had a Trans Am, Nissan Z, and a Supra, but this car handles like nothing else I have ever driven.

To me, the exhuast sounds great! Not loud, not quiet either. I was suprised that the blower whine is not as bad as I had thought it would be.

No plans to do any modes. To me, the car is perfect as is. I don't plan on racing anybody, got nothing to prove, so she will stay just like she is. I really didn't want to even remove the plastic from the owner's manual, but the dealer was real ignorant about this car, so asking them was a waste. The general manager even filled it up with 87 octane!

I'll post some pictures later after she gets a good detail. 800 miles of bugs, rain, and dusty roads.

Great news! Congrats! Thanks for the pictures and info. :happy feet:

About the car:

CONGRATS!

Gorgeous gorgeous car! THanks for the pics. I ordered a Black with no upper stripe and white side stripe coupe with the Crimson Interior.

Build is supposed to be on July 24th. Hope to have car by my mini vacation on August 13. Is that a possibility to get car only a few weeks after build?

Does yours have Sirius radio? if so what do you think of it?

I am a power lease holder and a bit upset my car is taking so long but hope the wait will be worth it!

If car does not show up until after the middle of August then my patience will be running a bit thin with the PL promises made.

Actually I am now thinking that as a power lease holder that had a plenty early order, why is it not being made next week after the employee return? Would it have really hurt Ford to stick a PL car a bit up front? Especially when I was originally told my car would be a June build.

CONGRATS!

Gorgeous gorgeous car! THanks for the pics. I ordered a Black with no upper stripe and white side stripe coupe with the Crimson Interior.

Build is supposed to be on July 24th. Hope to have car by my mini vacation on August 13. Is that a possibility to get car only a few weeks after build?

Does yours have Sirius radio? if so what do you think of it?

I am a power lease holder and a bit upset my car is taking so long but hope the wait will be worth it!

If car does not show up until after the middle of August then my patience will be running a bit thin with the PL promises made.

Actually I am now thinking that as a power lease holder that had a plenty early order, why is it not being made next week after the employee return? Would it have really hurt Ford to stick a PL car a bit up front? Especially when I was originally told my car would be a June build.

The cruise control buttons are on the wheel. I originaly didn't want the Sirius radio, and wouldn't have ordered it but beggars can't be choosers. It came with it. I can see myself getting used to it real quick. It is a nice option.

Nice car. Thanks for posting all the info! I will be hard pressed when I get mine to find time to get on here. All the tweaks to be done,primping and just walking into the garage to look at it not to mention the seat time.

The seats were a question mark to me as well. I'm a big guy(6' 220) and wide shoulders,and love working the twisties HARD.

The GTstang seats don't cut it.

MCDOVER,

What are your brekin "smells" like coming from the rear tailpipe? I've had numerous new SVTs, but this one smells different (almost like an overheated break) after I park the car after long rides. It's not a burned smell, but almost as though some piece of metal is really heating up (by the way, my trunk gets pretty darn hot). Have you noticed something similar. The car drives great, but just not used to this kind of smell. Also, have you had the opportunity to turn on your car while garaged (with the door open, of course!). The reason I ask this is that when engaging the clutch, there's a "swooping" sound that comes from the tranny. Almost like a hydraulic assist kind of sound. I would say it sounds like a vacuum leak, but not quite. I have a centerforce clutch on my Terminator and so the I'm used the little rattling sound the car makes during idle, but the swoosh sound is different to me. Thoughts?

FordGeek

MCDOVER,

What are your brekin "smells" like coming from the rear tailpipe? I've had numerous new SVTs, but this one smells different (almost like an overheated break) after I park the car after long rides. It's not a burned smell, but almost as though some piece of metal is really heating up (by the way, my trunk gets pretty darn hot). Have you noticed something similar. The car drives great, but just not used to this kind of smell. Also, have you had the opportunity to turn on your car while garaged (with the door open, of course!). The reason I ask this is that when engaging the clutch, there's a "swooping" sound that comes from the tranny. Almost like a hydraulic assist kind of sound. I would say it sounds like a vacuum leak, but not quite. I have a centerforce clutch on my Terminator and so the I'm used the little rattling sound the car makes during idle, but the swoosh sound is different to me. Thoughts?

FordGeek

That noise your hearing is probably the throw out bearing. It is a pretty common noise on the T5'S and tremacs.

Hey thanks for the pics!!!

Now my PSDS is at fever pitch. As I stated earlier, I have a black vert w/ white stripes ordered. Man oh man oh man oh man!!!!

Hope I don't regret opting for the V-8 delete and going with the six for better gas mileage.

Just kiddin'! :bandance:

MCDOVER,

FordGeek

Archived