TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Misrepsentation on Ebay. NOT A DEALER

Michael Morris

ebay auction 150109977299. i know that this is not a SGT, but yall seem to be pretty down on dealer right now (not all dealers, SGT posters here) just wanted to show how others do the same thing. this car shows new, but i emailed him. he explained how the car only has 22 miles and never driven, but then said it was titled and had a lein thru the credit union. yes the car is low miles and ALMOST new, but when the car is titled it becomes used. didnt agrue with the guy, because fighting on the internet is like winning a race in the special olypics, even if you win your still retarded.

just wanted to show you folks that others lie too. im sure he bought this car at MSRP or got a power lease that allowed him to get it at MSRP and hes going to sale it for more than MSRP and make him a quick 10 grand. that might not be the case but why sale the car with no miles. still has the plastic on the seats, the car was purchased with the intent to sale it and make some cash. do yall think this is OK. alot of folks have been upset when a dealer adds a ADM, but is it ok for the dealer to sale one for MSRP and then the customer go straight to ebay and sale it for a profit. just starting another good debate on the dealer thing.

the last one we had was so much fun.

thanks

michael morris

ebay auction 150109977299. i know that this is not a SGT, but yall seem to be pretty down on dealer right now (not all dealers, SGT posters here) just wanted to show how others do the same thing. this car shows new, but i emailed him. he explained how the car only has 22 miles and never driven, but then said it was titled and had a lein thru the credit union. yes the car is low miles and ALMOST new, but when the car is titled it becomes used. didnt agrue with the guy, because fighting on the internet is like winning a race in the special olypics, even if you win your still retarded.

just wanted to show you folks that others lie too. im sure he bought this car at MSRP or got a power lease that allowed him to get it at MSRP and hes going to sale it for more than MSRP and make him a quick 10 grand. that might not be the case but why sale the car with no miles. still has the plastic on the seats, the car was purchased with the intent to sale it and make some cash. do yall think this is OK. alot of folks have been upset when a dealer adds a ADM, but is it ok for the dealer to sale one for MSRP and then the customer go straight to ebay and sale it for a profit. just starting another good debate on the dealer thing.

thanks

michael morris

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=150109977299

thanks vegas, i should have done that. ok im a good dealer, just not a smart one

michael morris

I need to figure out how to do that link thing too (not very smart either). Yeah he represents it as new in the listing, but says pick up at his residence, so maybe a little slack there. Certainly not a dealer type listing as most others are. One question though Michael, what leads you to believe that he bought at MSRP? Something he said? There are a ton of GT500's on ebay right now. Most go "Reserve not met", but I have yet to see one go for anywhere near MSRP.

Hey Mike,there is a major diff between him and a dealer. He may have marked the car up like a dealer but.......

............he's actually getting bids :lol::lol:

i dont know what he paid for the car, he might have paid 20k over and thinks that he can still make a profit. the post was really to show that not only dealers lie but so do consumers.yes he is getting bids and its already at 7k over, but what if they think the are buying NEW. if i spend 10k over sticker i might want my name to be on the title first and it say NEW not USED. if this was a dealer that put this people would be yelling to sue for misreping the car. just wanted some thoughts from you guys. i might be missing this completely and he bought the car and has to get rid of it and might be trying to get his money back or take a huge loss, but its still not NEW. he even went to the trouble to put NEW in the title.

michael

i dont know what he paid for the car, he might have paid 20k over and thinks that he can still make a profit. the post was really to show that not only dealers lie but so do consumers.yes he is getting bids and its already at 7k over, but what if they think the are buying NEW. if i spend 10k over sticker i might want my name to be on the title first and it say NEW not USED. if this was a dealer that put this people would be yelling to sue for misreping the car. just wanted some thoughts from you guys. i might be missing this completely and he bought the car and has to get rid of it and might be trying to get his money back or take a huge loss, but its still not NEW. he even went to the trouble to put NEW in the title.

michael

I know what you're saying but I think you are getting hit with a double standard. Dealers are held to higher standards so new at a dealers lot will be different than new in some guys garage. People go to a dealer with their armor on expecting to be in a fight. Buying from Joe Blow is a different story. Obviously since it's sitting at some guys house, new is relative meaning "I just bought the expensive thing and now I can't pay for it."

I wouldn't buy the thing but them I'm smarter than you average bear...

thanks

michael morris

First of all, those that had a power lease were not guaranteed a car for MSRP. They had to negotiate a price with a dealer. So even a power lease customer could have to pay $10k over MSRP to get a dealer to order it.

The only good thing with the poer lease was that any dealer ordering one for that customer was guaranteed the extra allocation for the car. Meaning they would not lose any allocation they were given if they sold to a customer with a power lease. So it was easy for a power lease customer to find a dealer willing to sell it for MSRP. Why not? It is one extra sale the dealer never would have had. So might as well take the easy sale!

As far as customers making profits on these, there were a lot that did. A lot of customers that locked in early were able to get these for MSRP. Then they turned around and sold it for a fast profit. A lot of these customers even sold them to other dealers for a fast $10k profit!

Once that got out that customers were doing that that put an end to dealers selling these at anywhere near MSRP! Why should they sell it to there so called GOOD customer just so that good customer can turn around and sell it for a fast $10k profit when the dealer could make that $10k instead?

There is nothing that obligates the customer to keep the car and not be able to resell it for a profit. But put yourself in the shoes of the dealer. What if you owned one of these where you needed tpo sell it? You know it is worth $60k or more, but you have a very good friend, or close family member that says they would really love to own one of these. But they can't afford the $60k to buy one. So you sell them yours for the MSRP price. Then you find out they turned right around and sold it to make a fast $10k profit! How would that make YOU feel after thinking you were doing them a big favor because you thought they really wanted this car for themselves to keep and enjoy???

So you see, it doesn't matter what MSRP is. I have never seen so many people get so hung up on begging to pay MSRP for a car before! Why aren't those same people willing to pay MSRP on any other new car they buy??? But the bottom line here is MSRKET VALUE! It is the market value that determines what the price is for anything. If the market will bare it that is what it is worth regardless of what MSRP or anyone says. If the market won't bare the price then the price will come down. Plain and Simple!

So what if I were to offer a GT500 for MSRP? Who would want to buy it? But the catch is you have to buy 20 other new vehicles I have at MSRP with it! Now what? Of course you don't need 20 other vehicles, but hey....you can sell them all! OK, now what???

That is exactly what some dealers are doing. They are offering their GT500 to other dealers for MSRP if they take a bunch of their other inventory with it just to get rid of old inventory sitting on their lots. And there are a lot of dealers buying them for that!

So lets see, what to do, what to do??? Do I sell it to joe blow here for MSRP, or do I sell it to joe smoe for $20k over MSRP, or do I sell it to XYZ dealer for MSRP along with 20 other vehicles I have in inventory that no one wants to buy and that has been sitting on the lot for 6 months or longer??? Choice seems easy. Option two or three makes the most sense. Option one would be plain stupid since that is like just handing someone $20k in cash and saying, here ya go! Merry Christmas! Take it, I don't need it!

So you see, it doesn't matter what MSRP is. I have never seen so many people get so hung up on begging to pay MSRP for a car before! Why aren't those same people willing to pay MSRP on any other new car they buy??? But the bottom line here is MSRKET VALUE! It is the market value that determines what the price is for anything. If the market will bare it that is what it is worth regardless of what MSRP or anyone says. If the market won't bare the price then the price will come down. Plain and Simple!

You're right it is MARKET VALUE! TOTALLY AGREE!

But you're mistaken as to WHO SETS THE MARKET VALUE! That's right...THE MARKET! And guess what? The MARKET is "just saying no" this time!

When the GT500 came out dealers $@!$ themselves in the eyes of the MARKET where the MARKET was the sheep to the slaughter. Now these same sheep are getting a second chance and are saying no way, NOT THIS TIME.

I see the MARKET working wonderfully through all this as dealer after dealer drops their ADM. As ebay listing after ebay listing goes wanting for bidders to be re-listed over and over again. My Bill Kay experience this week was a great example, they even gave up on ebay and the car is still sitting in their showroom, all of a sudden willing to sell at MSRP!

Yes my friend the MARKET has spoken, the tables have turned, and your nothing but "order taker" friends better get used to it.

There's a new market in town! We use the power of the internet, we talk, have better product knowledge, and are better informed than 90% of the dealers trying to #&@! us...so before anyone deals, we're gonna cut the cards.

Good Selling!

or as the grasshoppers said to the ants..."have a nice summer"!

:lol:

First of all, those that had a power lease were not guaranteed a car for MSRP. They had to negotiate a price with a dealer. So even a power lease customer could have to pay $10k over MSRP to get a dealer to order it.

The only good thing with the poer lease was that any dealer ordering one for that customer was guaranteed the extra allocation for the car. Meaning they would not lose any allocation they were given if they sold to a customer with a power lease. So it was easy for a power lease customer to find a dealer willing to sell it for MSRP. Why not? It is one extra sale the dealer never would have had. So might as well take the easy sale!

As far as customers making profits on these, there were a lot that did. A lot of customers that locked in early were able to get these for MSRP. Then they turned around and sold it for a fast profit. A lot of these customers even sold them to other dealers for a fast $10k profit!

Once that got out that customers were doing that that put an end to dealers selling these at anywhere near MSRP! Why should they sell it to there so called GOOD customer just so that good customer can turn around and sell it for a fast $10k profit when the dealer could make that $10k instead?

There is nothing that obligates the customer to keep the car and not be able to resell it for a profit. But put yourself in the shoes of the dealer. What if you owned one of these where you needed tpo sell it? You know it is worth $60k or more, but you have a very good friend, or close family member that says they would really love to own one of these. But they can't afford the $60k to buy one. So you sell them yours for the MSRP price. Then you find out they turned right around and sold it to make a fast $10k profit! How would that make YOU feel after thinking you were doing them a big favor because you thought they really wanted this car for themselves to keep and enjoy???

So what if I were to offer a GT500 for MSRP? Who would want to buy it? But the catch is you have to buy 20 other new vehicles I have at MSRP with it! Now what? Of course you don't need 20 other vehicles, but hey....you can sell them all! OK, now what???

That is exactly what some dealers are doing. They are offering their GT500 to other dealers for MSRP if they take a bunch of their other inventory with it just to get rid of old inventory sitting on their lots. And there are a lot of dealers buying them for that!

So lets see, what to do, what to do??? Do I sell it to joe blow here for MSRP, or do I sell it to joe smoe for $20k over MSRP, or do I sell it to XYZ dealer for MSRP along with 20 other vehicles I have in inventory that no one wants to buy and that has been sitting on the lot for 6 months or longer??? Choice seems easy. Option two or three makes the most sense. Option one would be plain stupid since that is like just handing someone $20k in cash and saying, here ya go! Merry Christmas! Take it, I don't need it!

i kinda agree with the power lease not getting it at MSRP, but like you said all they had to do was ask a few dealers and they would get it for that. we have already had the MSRP conversion in another post. i said the same thing about folks willing to pay MSRP for something hot, but no way are they going to pay sticker for a expedition for the wife. MSRP is great when it suits you, but i regress.

my point in the post was how Joe Blow can LIE and its OK, but let a dealer misrep and we get killed. i understand we are held at a higher standard, but everyone knows we are carsalesmen. just kidding, but i think yall understand what im getting at.

everyone get upset if a dealer makes to much money on a car that THEY want, but if the guy down the street want to make a quick 10k well hes just a smart guy thats invests wisely(is that a word..wisely)

michael

wayne morris ford

Your friendly ford dealer

It does not matter to me if a dealer/seller makes 10k off a sale - as long as it does not come out of my pocket.

Ultimately it's the consumers responsibility to know what they buy and each person is responsible for their own actions. That's why when I go car shopping I take my laptop and get on the net using my cell to be sure I'm getting a decent deal while I'm sitting with the salesman - and it's made quite a few of them mad (like the Nissan dealer who was trying to charge me an extra $1200 for corrosion protection when the truck came with a factory warranty of 100,000 miles on corrosion protection already). Nobody can give their stuff away and expect to stay in business long and any buyer going in expecting to pay equal to or less than what you (a dealer) pays is an idiot.

Saying "the dealer screwed me" IMO is like a murder blaming his actions on his/her parents from not loving him enough.

There is also a difference in the fact Joe Blow is selling one car vs. a dealer selling hundreds. Selling cars is your business - what you do for a living - this guy is probably just trying to get out of a payment, I believe. Or maybe he did buy to sell for a profit, who knows.

I hope when/if my car sells it's for a profit and the more the better. :D

Should someone with a completely restored 69 GT sell it for the MSRP from 1969? I'm not defending this guy but I think you're trying to compare apples to oranges.

A wise man once said "people are b@stard covered b@stards with b@stard filling". Hope for the best but prepare for the worst and you will be fine. That may be cynical on my part but that's what I believe. I know I got slightly hosed at 41,500 on my car but I know that and I am still happy with the car. The dealership was and still is absolutely horrible and I would not recommend them to my worst enemy but, I wanted THIS car so I just dealt with it.

It's pretty sad when the dealer messes up you car and then lies about getting the replacement parts to fix it. SAI (BUD) stepped up to the plate and provided me with the parts I needed last night AT THEIR COST. That says volumes and these guys just made a friend...

And one other thing, the simple fact he calls the SGT a "knock-off" should tell you something about the intelligence level of this guy.

thanks stump

but i think i let this topic get off subject when i said something about the money he might make, cause it really didnt have anything to do with that. it was more that the guy knows the car is NOT new. but he has no problem saying that it is new. the car does not have a full warranty, the new owner is losing a month. no a big deal but its still not new. the car has been titled, it will say USED when you get the title put in your name.

again the point of the topic is the guy IS misreping the car, if he were a dealer calling a SGT a 350 yall would be eating him alive, as yall should. did the dealer do it on purpose, maybe..probalby so. does this guy really think his car is still considered new, maybe... probalby not. im sorry i got off topic with the money issue. the car might have been given to him by his great aunt once removed and he doesnt have a dime in it. but that wasnt my point. thats what makes us a great country. CAPITALISM!!!!!

michael

thanks stump

but i think i let this topic get off subject when i said something about the money he might make, cause it really didnt have anything to do with that. it was more that the guy knows the car is NOT new. but he has no problem saying that it is new. the car does not have a full warranty, the new owner is losing a month. no a big deal but its still not new. the car has been titled, it will say USED when you get the title put in your name.

again the point of the topic is the guy IS misreping the car, if he were a dealer calling a SGT a 350 yall would be eating him alive, as yall should. did the dealer do it on purpose, maybe..probalby so. does this guy really think his car is still considered new, maybe... probalby not. im sorry i got off topic with the money issue. the car might have been given to him by his great aunt once removed and he doesnt have a dime in it. but that wasnt my point. thats what makes us a great country. CAPITALISM!!!!!

michael

The difference is we don't hold "Joe The Rag Man" to the same professional standards as we so a license Ford dealer. We don't expect the private seller to have gone through product training and have an interest in giving you good service so you'll come back again and again and tell your friends! You are comparing Apples to Oranges. Of course, at least this guy has a car to sell, and isn't selling the right to buy something he doesn't have so maybe that's a "+" in his favor?

:unsure:

thanks stump

michael

To him it is new. It still has all the plastic and stuff. To you (and most other high-end car shoppers including myself) it is not new because it has already been purchased from the lot and driven but with only 22 miles that is less mileage than on some new cars from the lot. Is it new to the potential buyer? Well, that depends on the buyer. If I'm paying 55k on a car (or whatever it's up to now), it's coming off the lot or even the showroom floor unless it's a collectors car which IMO, this is not. I personally do not feel he is misrepresenting but that is just my opinion and frankly, I do not know why someone would buy it.

Are the GT500 convert's really marked up that much? It does not seem a good deal to me.

It's like this, I take care of the hazardous waste disposal where I work - I'm the Environmental Manager. If I'm caught pouring a qt of oil on the ground, I will be raked over the coals, fired and could be criminally prosecuted and my company would have to bring in a clean-up crew to remove the top soil and then the EPA and TCEQ would have to check the levels in the ground to be sure the contaminant is removed. If the average homeowner is caught, it would probably just result in a slap on the wrist or a small fine. You can have a can of WD-40 in your garage and if OSHA were to walk in, nothing would happen. If I have a can on-site without an MSDS sheet readily available, I could be fined $5000. Different people with different knowledge levels and training are held to different standards.

OK, I may get bashed here but I say its the dealers right to price as he wishes. Its up to the consumer to shop the item he is buyng to get the best price. In my case the SGT that I seen at our local ford dealer was marked not for sale. The salesperson I spoke with said " this car is gonna be so hard to get that the owner of the dealership is keeping it himself. If it could be bought it would be somewhere in the $15,000 over sticker price range". 2 days later I paid a down payment at a dealer less than 25 miles away for MSRP. If these dealers want to mark them up, I say let them sit on the showroom floors. It does give the showrooms a great look..............Just my 2 cents worth

i think im comparing apples here, but maybe im not. being a dealer i think everyone should held to the same standards. car dealer or not, but maybe that not fair. again i really didnt mean to turn this into a discussion on price. buy for msrp or dont buy for msrp. but stump you are correct joe homerowner does not have to do the same things you have to do, so i have to agree with your post. thats why i posted this was to get some good old conversation started.

by the way how yall like my new avaitar, its our first GT500 that we got in. orange with tungsten stripes. awesome car.

thanks for all the responses. i always enjoy conversing with yall

michael

i think im comparing apples here, but maybe im not. being a dealer i think everyone should held to the same standards. car dealer or not, but maybe that not fair. again i really didnt mean to turn this into a discussion on price. buy for msrp or dont buy for msrp. but stump you are correct joe homerowner does not have to do the same things you have to do, so i have to agree with your post. thats why i posted this was to get some good old conversation started.

by the way how yall like my new avaitar, its our first GT500 that we got in. orange with tungsten stripes. awesome car.

michael

Nice car Michael!

:D

hey, I think they are VERY different and I would hope you would too in the sense that a dealer's sales person is a "professional" and rewarded as such. You have standards of conduct and laws that you need to follow that the used car seller doesn't. Surely you put yourself and your fellow sales people on a higher level...right? <_<

Ok...well..I did have to send corrections to two new ebay postings today. The usual, one calling it a GTH, and 325HP even though the car is sitting in their dealership. While another called it a GT Deluxe when you can't get an SGT built on top of a GT Deluxe and the sticker even said Premium.

But hey..."new", "used", "deluxe", "premium" no big deal...

;)

michael

I like that orange. Unfortunately it's still on a FORD (uh-oh, putting on flame suit)...... :lol:

Sorry, I'm hard core, old time Camaro. This is actually the first FORD I have ever owned. Of course the General has pretty much got out of the sports car business unless you want to count the 'vette (yuck). One thing about FORD is they have always kept the Mustang obtainable for everyone from the average Joe to the upper class. A steed for every need as they say.

I'm thinking of test driving a regular GT Mustang to see just how different the two are.

Ok...well..I did have to send corrections to two new ebay postings today. The usual, one calling it a GTH, and 325HP even though the car is sitting in their dealership. While another called it a GT Deluxe when you can't get an SGT built on top of a GT Deluxe and the sticker even said Premium.

Even better when they tell you that you're wrong! :blink:

waynefordtradeoutlet (122)

Positive feedback: 95.5%

Registered on: www.ebay.com

Item: Ford : Mustang (270108924384)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

waynefordtradeoutlet is the seller.

-------------------------------------------------------

You are correct. This is not a GT Deluxe it's a SGT Premium. Your information on the HP is appreciated but it is infact incorrect. This baby has 325HP. Please feel free to come down anytime. 973-222-3362 Wayne Ford.

------------------------------------

:o Swell....

Nice car Michael!

:D

hey, I think they are VERY different and I would hope you would too in the sense that a dealer's sales person is a "professional" and rewarded as such. You have standards of conduct and laws that you need to follow that the used car seller doesn't. Surely you put yourself and your fellow sales people on a higher level...right? <_<

But hey..."new", "used", "deluxe", "premium" no big deal...

;)

MATTCHICAGO

You may be correct that you cannot order the SGT in deluxe trim, although I have seen one (cloth interior). It's in the Ron Pratt collection #001 . Dont know why they would build the first one that way but they did.It also has the coveted, non existing CS logo floor mats .

MATTCHICAGO

You may be correct that you cannot order the SGT in deluxe trim, although I have seen one (cloth interior). It's in the Ron Pratt collection #001 . Dont know why they would build the first one that way but they did.It also has the coveted, non existing CS logo floor mats .

AH YES , the "coveted CS logo floor mats" were worth at least $500,00... :lol:

Looks like Ron Pratt got a good deal.

MATTCHICAGO

I'm sure it was cost. The prototype was really about exterior styling. They had the engine mods set from the GTh and the only changes to the interior are the plaque. My guess is either ford or SAI used the least expensive base from which to start. Bummer actually!

Archived